Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Help setting up controls on MIG-29

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Help setting up controls on MIG-29

Old 07-19-2005, 02:20 PM
Red7fifty
My Feedback: (73)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help setting up controls on MIG-29

Hello,
I am finishing up my TGA Mig-29. It is modified with full flying tailerons (is that right?) full flying stabs that will also funtion as ailerons. Rudders, and flaps. My questions, on setting up the controls:

1. About how much should I start off with in degrees for the elevators for up and down? Hi and Low rates.

2. When using the stabs for roll control (aileron), do I set them up where only one pivots up, or should I split the difference and have one pitch up, while the other side pitches down?

3. About how much is needed, in degrees for aileron function?

4. When set up as above, the flaps, which could also be used as flaperons, will this help or hinder the stabs for roll control?

Thanks for your input, I know it will need to be adjusted as flying continues, I am looking for a starting point.
Ernie
Old 07-19-2005, 03:37 PM
Terry Holston
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Help setting up controls on MIG-29

The prototype all composite one I built for TGA used full flying stabs, ailerons, flaps and rudders. I did not couple the ailerons to the stabs, altho I could have. and probably will on the new one when I get to it, as that is scale. (Working on a Panther F-9-F at the moment.

STABS,,,,,,I used 3/4" up/down, measured at the front. with 30% expo on high rate. about half that onmid rate and about half that on low rate. (Never used any thing but High rate tho.

ailerons .......... 2/4" up 5/8" down set the same rates as above

Rudders..........alll I could get!!!!

Flaps........ 40 degrees down for landing and 15 degrees for TO

Hope this helps. Got any pictures???????????????????????

ORIGINAL: Red7fifty

Hello,
I am finishing up my TGA Mig-29. It is modified with full flying tailerons (is that right?) full flying stabs that will also funtion as ailerons. Rudders, and flaps. My questions, on setting up the controls:

1. About how much should I start off with in degrees for the elevators for up and down? Hi and Low rates.

2. When using the stabs for roll control (aileron), do I set them up where only one pivots up, or should I split the difference and have one pitch up, while the other side pitches down?

3. About how much is needed, in degrees for aileron function?

4. When set up as above, the flaps, which could also be used as flaperons, will this help or hinder the stabs for roll control?

Thanks for your input, I know it will need to be adjusted as flying continues, I am looking for a starting point.
Ernie
Old 07-31-2005, 01:01 PM
Red7fifty
My Feedback: (73)

Default RE: Help setting up controls on MIG-29

Thanks for the info Terry.
Here's a current pic, not fully detailed yet.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl31127.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	303820