Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

My newly finished Skymaster Super Hornet

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

My newly finished Skymaster Super Hornet

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 08:14 AM
Steve S
My Feedback: (54)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My newly finished Skymaster Super Hornet

Todd

I gotta give you major kudos & credit man.The installation is so clean in this F-18 you could eat off it!!
And you ain't kidding Todd,Joey's paint jobs do keep getting better with every aircraft he does,he has quite a talent especially with airbrushing.You should see his airbrushing abilties applied to my Super Bandit!! And wait till you see how realistic the SM F-5 turned out!! Simply amazing work

Anthony

Yeah I was only at Mid-Atantic for a few hours on sunday.As everyone close to me knows I did not have any free time last year or so to fly due to my over demanding business as I took on many new accounts-namely with the giant Home Depot/CTI.I also took this last year to prioritize & set my personal goals for myself to build my business much bigger than it was the previous years.I am more than happy with the results and what I achieved.I now have weekends free again and they are mine.I have some dependable employees now and I feel I can safely let them handle the weekend work loads.I will once again be out flying each & every weekend again and get back to what I truly have a passion for-jets!!I have quite a few new jets that need to be maidened-the F18e first & forthmost.My Super Bandit & SM F-5 are next to take to flight .I have a very big Learjet 35 that you will see by Mid-atlantic next year (in US Coast Guard scheme) I can appreciate the USCG Lear as I am ex coast guard.I am taking things one step at a time with my projects.I have a YA Starfire II (df) that Joey built & painted too to help me "grit my teeth" again and sharpen my skills.In regards to whom will Maiden the Super Hornet this weekend it will be Joey.I feel it's in better hands with him -he's a very safe smooth pilot

Steve
Old 08-22-2005, 09:23 PM
SoppyJoe
My Feedback: (59)

ORIGINAL: lov2flyrc
Looking Good Steve... Joey's paint work just keeps getting better! Best of luck on the maiden...

Todd

Todd,
Thanks a bunch amigo!!
Old 08-23-2005, 11:52 AM
KHORTON
My Feedback: (1)

Well????? How did she fly?
Old 08-23-2005, 01:16 PM
-JC-
My Feedback: (26)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great looking plane Steve,

I don't know if the D70 is still giving you problems with resizing, but if you have not done so, I can recommend that you download PictureProject from the NikonUSA website. It is a simple to use program that allows you to quickly crop and resize your images, plus make corrections to a few other settings.
Old 08-23-2005, 04:18 PM
Steve S

Keith

She hasn't flown quite yet.I had to go out town unexpectedly for 3 days due to my Grandmothers passing then last weekend had to help my sister move one day & had bad weather the other day.We will try again this weekend weather permitting,which looks pretty shabby at the moment.Joey & I are dying to see the Super Hornet fly just as much as everyone else here.He has his fingers all warmed up & ready for the maiden. On that note what is the Ideal CG point for first flights and what reference on the fuse do we use as the mark for stablilator neutral position??

John

Actually I do have the PictureProject software as it came with my D70 package.I'm gonna give it a try tonight with some trial cropping/resizing to get familiar with its use.I absolutely love this camera,it is awesome and well worth every bit of 1400.00!! On my first outing with this camera I was able to take some excellent aerial shots of a buddies Boomerang,I am very pleased with the camera and its quick shutter speed & zoom .I am using a 300mm with filter .Very easy to use & very user friendly right out of the box

Steve
Old 08-23-2005, 04:45 PM
Steve S

Duke

I just realized that I still have your PM saved in my inbox.I thought I had accidentally deleted it,so I will give you a call tonight so you can walk me thru the ideal CG & neutral stab position ,etc.

Steve
Old 08-23-2005, 04:45 PM
Aero65
My Feedback: (2)

Hello Steve

First please accept my condolences for you and your family for your Grandmothers passing.

CG for first flight. 1/8" back from the leading edge step where the wings plugs into the fuse.

See the picture for the correct setting for lvl flight. It's about 1/8" down from the side seam to the leading edge. Also please check from the side to make sure that the stab is about 1~2 degree "up elevator" for takeoff with the wings at 0 degrees aoa. Also set one side first then sight the rear and side view to line up the other stab as the seams might not be exactly the same height. I have had the stabs as much as 1/4" off side to side due to a accidental kick and the plane was still flyable just needed lots of trim. Not totally critical but sighting it from the rear and side should be accurate enough.

Feel free to give me a ring if you need to.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30168.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	314145   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql35041.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	314146  
Old 08-26-2005, 07:07 AM
AnthonyW

Steve,
Sorry to hear about your grandmother as well. This weekend weather wise looking good for a maiden. I am Heading to Danville, VA for Rally of the Giants.
Come-on', Putter in the wind! Getr' done'.
Good luck, lets us know how it goes.
Anthony
Old 09-25-2005, 08:03 AM
Steve S

**Update**

I am heading out to the field with my Super Hornet .If everything checks out she will go up today finally!!

I'll post back here when I get home and advise of the outcome.Wish me luck!!

Steve
Old 09-26-2005, 08:19 AM
Steve S

Well my buddy Joey(my test pilot) didn't make it out yesterday so the Maiden flight didnt take place .I'm bummed as I had her all ready to go & we had a picture perfect day for the first flights too!!I gotta call him today and figure where he was He said he was coming out Yesterday

I had to fly my boring ole' Funtana 90 instead, no thrill to the prop jobs anymore really.Ohh well atleast I got to fly again.I havent flown at all in over a year so I still had fun just being on the sticks again.We'll plan for this coming Sunday again weather permitting,I cant wait as I feel like a big kid waiting for Christmas morning to arrive

Steve