Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

FAA Disapproval Causes Heart of Ohio Move!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

FAA Disapproval Causes Heart of Ohio Move!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 07:04 PM
IFlyRC5630
My Feedback: (50)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FAA Disapproval Causes Heart of Ohio Move!

Ghost Rider,

Sorry you weren't here for the BIG Saturday we had. Also sorry about your bad luck.

A few more pilots and many, many flights. Great half time show. Had a little rain but right back to it after the rain.

I will pass your kind comments on to the TORKS guys. We do try very hard to make it a great event. This year we REALLY "scrambled" to get the event moved and make it work. Your kind words are appreciated.

Thanks from Terry, myself and the rest of the TORKS gang.

Bill
Heart of Ohio Organizing Committee

BIRD DOG out.............
Old 08-29-2005, 08:00 PM
JimBrown
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Terry, Bill and the rest of the TORKS crew,

Thank you for "scrambling" at the last minute in order to hold the event. I and my wife had a most excellent time. Even if the weather could have been better Friday and Saturday, it did not dampen our spirits. The TORKS "Field of Dreams" is a wonderful flying site. We are certainly looking forward to being there next year (or wherever HoH ends up being held.)

Now then, Ben, are you going to explain exactly what happened when you "dumb thumbed" your Rookie? It was rather spectacular. A worthy winner of the "Hardest Landing" award. Although, I wouldn't exactly call it a landing.

...jim
Old 08-29-2005, 08:47 PM
Patrick Frost
Banned
My Feedback: (88)

Terry, Bill and TORKS members- What a great time we had at Heart of Ohio! Those that didnt show up will surely wish they would have been there. The runway was excellent with NO problems whatsoever. If Lewis Patton can fly his big hornet and Paul Blanchard can fly his F-104 there and the Malchiones can fly the F-4 and F-100 what more can you ask for?! No one person actually used the entire 700 feet of runway anyhow. The flight line crew were VERY curtious and helpful as were all TORKS members there. For those of you wanting MORE runway.......they are planning on ADDING ANOTHER 200 FEET to the existing runway for safety measures next year. I truly enjoyed the event and will come back again and again! It was a privledge for us to come and fly with you guys!!! THANKS for a great 3 day event!!! -Patrick
Old 08-29-2005, 08:50 PM
jet76
My Feedback: (33)

Jim, I think what really happen to Ben was that he was a little nervos knowing that i was right at his six 0 clock with a radar lock. Hey Ben remember Ottawa, "LOL" Seriously thow i hate to see the old rookie go, It was a good flyer. Ben B.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:06 PM
JimBrown
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ah, a little pay back, then.

...jim
Old 08-29-2005, 09:18 PM
ghost_rider
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: jet76

Jim, I think what really happen to Ben was that he was a little nervos knowing that i was right at his six 0 clock with a radar lock. Hey Ben remember Ottawa, "LOL" Seriously thow i hate to see the old rookie go, It was a good flyer. Ben B.

I WILL BE BACK! (lol)
Old 08-30-2005, 06:54 AM
rcav8tr

Terry, Bill and Crew

Thanks for a great event. You guys did an excellent job of shifting the event on the fly last week. Ran just as if it was supposed to be there in the first place.

I have to agree with BVMflier. If Lewis can get his F-18 in and out of that runway, then everyoneelse should be able to without issue. The planned extensions and improvements should make it an even better flying site!

Sincerely,
Ed