Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Avonds F15 gear

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Avonds F15 gear

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2002, 08:56 PM
Centralrchobbies
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Avonds F15 gear

In need of gear for this plane but not sure what size Spring Air retracts and what size Robart struts 3/8" or 1/2"? I will be using BVM T33 wheels. This is being built as a ducted fan with turbine in mind later. Thanks Rick
Old 10-30-2002, 09:29 PM
HotelSierra
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Avonds F-15 gear

I'm on my second Avonds F-15. Both models were first flown in ducted fan and now fly in turbine. I used the Robart retracts with BVM T-33 wheels and the combo have worked flawlessly. Robart makes a set of retracts for the Avonds F-15. I am not experienced with the Spring Air F-15 retracts.
Old 10-30-2002, 10:03 PM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Default F-15 gear

Robart makes a custom set for that jet. 1/2" struts for the mains and 7/16" on the nose. The retrac units are the 630 type, very durable and dependable setup.

Vin...
Old 10-30-2002, 11:17 PM
Centralrchobbies

Default Avonds F15 gear

Thanks for the quick replys. Are the struts precut to length since they made for this model? Rick
Old 10-31-2002, 12:13 AM
Vincent

Default F-15 gear

Are the struts precut to length since they made for this model? Rick>>>

Yup, all three...
Old 10-31-2002, 01:21 AM
HotelSierra
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Avonds F15 gear

RE: Robart Strut length. They retracts also have a small adjustment in the clamp that allows the strut to be adjusted up or down.
Old 10-31-2002, 05:55 AM
f15iceman

Default Avonds F15 gear

Jet Hanger Hobby makes a good set of gear for the Avonds F-15. Mine sat around for a few years and when i tried them again sure enough they worked very well. And plus they are scale gear as well.
Old 10-31-2002, 01:30 PM
Vincent

Default F-15

Hi Jeff,

I hear you won a plaque at the 1/8thAF flyin with the 15?? I could not make it back out on Sunday, I hear you had some nice flights.The JHH gear is a bit pricy but looked good in your 15.

Vin...
Old 10-31-2002, 06:30 PM
jrocket

Default JHH gear

You get what you payfor!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	33201_1932.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	21074  
Old 10-31-2002, 06:51 PM
Centralrchobbies

Default Avonds F15 gear

Any pics of the JHH gear in a Avonds F15? Very nice gear just want to see how its fitted. Rick
Old 10-31-2002, 06:59 PM
f15iceman

Default Avonds F15 gear

Hey Vin,

Yeah i won a couple of plaques 1 for military and 1 for peoples choice both with the 15. I think i am starting to have fun with the 15 rather than just worry about flying. But i really enjoyed watching you with the 262 and a4. Did you ever fix what was wrong with the 262? Anywho i will talk to you later if not i will see you at the Arizona jet rally
Old 10-31-2002, 07:17 PM
jrocket

Default Avonds F15 gear

Side view.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	33204_1932.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	21075  
Old 10-31-2002, 10:46 PM
Vincent

Default F-15 gear

Jeff,

I got left with the crumbs!!! You got the 1st place stuff. Anyway it was a good time. The last flight on the 262 was a reall nail biter, when switched over my radio from the A-4 last flight to the ME-262 program I forgot to "center" the rudder which is mixed on two channels. Don`t ask me HOW I did not notice my rudder was full deflected to the right the whole flight!! Now I know how effective the rudder is on that jet. As I was taxing back to the pits I saw the rudder banged all the way over and said sh*t!!! How stupid can I be here!!!

Vin...
Old 10-31-2002, 10:56 PM
BernieG

Default Re: F-15 gear

Originally posted by Vincent
Jeff,

I got left with the crumbs!!! You got the 1st place stuff. Anyway it was a good time. The last flight on the 262 was a reall nail biter, when switched over my radio from the A-4 last flight to the ME-262 program I forgot to "center" the rudder which is mixed on two channels. Don`t ask me HOW I did not notice my rudder was full deflected to the right the whole flight!! Now I know how effective the rudder is on that jet. As I was taxing back to the pits I saw the rudder banged all the way over and said sh*t!!! How stupid can I be here!!!

Vin...
Hi Vincent,

I wonder how it would fly on one engine (OK, electric is not well adapted to that test... ). I wonder, cause i have been extremely surprised, reading the monumental study in 4 volumes about the plane, to see that many pilots reported flying 2 or 3 hours, searching a field, then doing go-around, with an engine dead ! I guess those pilots were not bad, but the plane must be damn good to allow that ! When I don't dream about the 3 meters Fouga Magister, I dream about a 3 meters Me 262 !

Bernard
Old 11-01-2002, 12:22 AM
SDCrashmaster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Avonds F15 gear

If you get the weaker Spring Airs, you'll get real good at taking them out, straightening the wire and putting them back in. Once you do it a couple times, you can plan on doing it every other flight or so after that. They're nice and flexible. So flexible, they may even take a chunk out of your gear wells.
Old 11-01-2002, 01:04 AM
Vincent

Default one motor out

Bernard,

This my second AW ME-262. The first was powered with some different motors and fans than I have in this latest one. I had several one engine out situations with the first one. I was able to continue level flight with full opposite rudder and feeding in some ail as well, the good motor was at full power too. I typically shut down the elec motors on final so its not a big deal if you lose a motor and have some altitude.

I have a handfull of ME-262 books but do not remember reading about any one engine "go arounds" the real jet was quite under powered until it was at cruise.

My ME-262 was covered quite a bit in an e-zone thread.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ir+world+me262

Vin...
Old 11-01-2002, 03:15 AM
BernieG

Default Re: one motor out

Originally posted by Vincent
This my second AW ME-262. The first was powered with some different motors and fans than I have in this latest one. I had several one engine out situations with the first one. I was able to continue level flight with full opposite rudder and feeding in some ail as well, the good motor was at full power too. I typically shut down the elec motors on final so its not a big deal if you lose a motor and have some altitude.
I may be tempted by the AW Me262, but my plate is full for now, so it will be later...

]
I have a handfull of ME-262 books but do not remember reading about any one engine "go arounds" the real jet was quite under powered until it was at cruise.
OK, I quote, but cut big parts as it is pretty long, from me 262, Volume 3, Classic Publications, page 456 to 461:

Fw Becker flew his firts operational mission in W.Nr.500075, coded "red 7", he shoot down at very close range a P-38, and debrits from the P-38 end-up in his port turbine, that he his able to shut down. "this forced me to shut the engine down again, and I trimmed the figther so that she went into normal single-engined flight."......"Now I was cruising above the clouds with one engine. The flight controls were amazingly intact, but my speed was much reduced"...." At a heading of 270 degres, I went straight into the approach, waiting for ground visibility. Then came my first indication of my proximity with the ground, small wooded areas and, to teh right, a road with trees and telegraph poles. I was very low at this time, the darkness and increasing rain combining to reduce visibility to almost nil. Instinctively, I pushed the throttle of the good turbine forward and pulled up in a left turn. I was in the clouds again, and, at 400 km/h, soon pulled out above the cover. The sun was almost on the horizon at this time, but a few contrails were still visible in the distance"....

he went to land in a field were he had some visibility, after literraly flying on trees top.

I may have to look longer, but I am pretty sure that I saw at least another guy talking about a go around with a Me 262 on single engine flight. I remember it, because I was VERY surprised!

Bernard