Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Pilot DJ2?

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Pilot DJ2?

Old 11-05-2002, 04:26 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Pilot DJ2?

Has anyone (Easytiger?) seen the OK Models DJ2 ARF listed on Japan Hobby Net?
http://www.hobbynet-jp.com/english/c...oup_name=A.R.F Kits

If the URL is too badly wrapped, go to http://www.hobbynet-jp.com/english then click on ARF kits listed under Airplanes. Scroll down to OK Half completed kits. Listed price is "about $148.00"

It's different, and kinda cool.

John
Old 11-05-2002, 05:41 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pilot DJ2?

I took a pass on that one. It's just so damned coyote UGLY!
Old 11-05-2002, 06:00 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

Default Pilot DJ2?

Woof!

Have you heard anything about it from your friends overseas? It looks like it might have the gear built into the belly like the DJ-1.

John
Old 11-05-2002, 06:06 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

Default Pilot DJ2?

I had to clear out my temp drive after I first saw that picture, it was stinkin' up the house.
I actually looks very Japanese Anime/Sci-Fi, kinda...anyway, I hate it.
I will email Japan right now and see what they say about the gear...
Old 11-05-2002, 06:10 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

Default Pilot DJ2?

It looks like something out of a Transformers cartoon. But, aside from it's less than appealing aesthetics, I bet it would fly pretty good with that big wing. If it's sitting on it's gear, it looks like it will be a real tip dragger.

John
Old 11-05-2002, 06:22 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

Default Pilot DJ2?

Yeah...I wonder if it transforms into a giant robot that crushes Tokyo or sumpthin....
You could press a button on an auxilliary channel, transform into Giant Robot Mode, then rage up and down the flightline, stomping on any planes that are hogging your favorite frequency...
I am hard pressed to beleive that it is hand-launched, but I suppose it is possible.
Hey, how come nobody has done a turbine powered model of Gamera the Monster Turtle yet?
Old 05-06-2003, 11:09 PM
mstubbs
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pilot DJ2?

I ordered one and now I'm wondering if the thing is going to be any fun ie one wheel for landing gear. I've never heard of anything like this before I just hope I've not wasted my money.
Old 05-07-2003, 12:40 AM
Mark Turner
My Feedback: (29)

Default Pilot DJ2?

Originally posted by mstubbs
I ordered one and now I'm wondering if the thing is going to be any fun ie one wheel for landing gear. I've never heard of anything like this before I just hope I've not wasted my money.
I think you may be thinking of the DJ-1 ...... The DJ-2 has a 3 gear setup.

Details are posted on my website: DJ-2 ARF

Thanks,
Mark
RT Models
Old 05-07-2003, 10:17 AM
mstubbs

Default DJ2 O.K. Manufacture

O.K. the kit arrived and I have now assembled it. I was really turned off when it arrived but went on to build it and to my surprise it looked O.K. at completion. Here are a few things that are problems I noted along the way. First you have know way of steering it on the ground no rudder and no wheel steering. So on a windy day don't think your going straight down the runway. Motor seems to have just enough to get the plane air born if you stall or have problems on take off your in trouble. all of the electronics are close in the nose of the plane problems with interference noted when engine is running none when engine is off. Plane seemed to balance very easy and took very little to get CG right. Watch out for FOD like the antenna wire being sucked into the intake or anything else for that matter. More to follow
Thanks for the info. The pamphlet I received stated one wheel main gear with fairing. I guess it's an error in translation to english. Well it should arrive today I'll post on how it turns out.

Thanks much,

Mike
Old 05-11-2003, 01:19 AM
mstubbs

Default Re: DJ2 O.K. Manufacture

I hope that I caught you in time, this plane will not fly. I went to the field today and after several attemps at getting it airborn we gave up the engine seemed to be inadiquate power for the plane.
I'm posting in hopes of stopping others from being ripped off. I think you might want to send it back I've got one for sale if you want a plane that will not fly.
Thanks,
Mike
Originally posted by mstubbs
O.K. the kit arrived and I have now assembled it. I was really turned off when it arrived but went on to build it and to my surprise it looked O.K. at completion. Here are a few things that are problems I noted along the way. First you have know way of steering it on the ground no rudder and no wheel steering. So on a windy day don't think your going straight down the runway. Motor seems to have just enough to get the plane air born if you stall or have problems on take off your in trouble. all of the electronics are close in the nose of the plane problems with interference noted when engine is running none when engine is off. Plane seemed to balance very easy and took very little to get CG right. Watch out for FOD like the antenna wire being sucked into the intake or anything else for that matter. More to follow
Thanks for the info. The pamphlet I received stated one wheel main gear with fairing. I guess it's an error in translation to english. Well it should arrive today I'll post on how it turns out.

Thanks much,

Mike
Old 05-12-2003, 01:25 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

Default Pilot DJ2?

Odd, I wonder how Pilot managed to get the one in their video to fly? And, they took off from grass! Granted, the video looks like the model is slightly anemic, but it does in deed fly. I'd take a look at your power plant setup. Do a search on Toki and you'll find a wealth of information on how to make them really sing.

John
Old 05-12-2003, 02:04 PM
Mark Turner

Default Re: will no fly

Mike, I sent you an e mail via RCU or you can post some answers here on the forum such as AUW, fuel used, etc.

While I personally have not flown the DJ-2 just yet it should fly so I'm thinking it maybe with the setup motor wise.

FWIW, the entire DJ series has a non steerable nose gear. Why they did that is beyond most people

If you want to e mail me feel free to do so. I would like to see what your setup is like motor wise.

Thanks,
Mark
RT Models
Old 05-12-2003, 03:04 PM
mstubbs

Default DJ2

Originally posted by JWN
Odd, I wonder how Pilot managed to get the one in their video to fly? And, they took off from grass! Granted, the video looks like the model is slightly anemic, but it does in deed fly. I'd take a look at your power plant setup. Do a search on Toki and you'll find a wealth of information on how to make them really sing.

John
John
I would like to know if you watched the last video where they can't get it off the ground. I should have paid close attention to that one. They seemed to think it was funny. I think they might have edited the video. Take a look at the grass take off and you can see the break where it goes airborne. Correct me if I'm wrong. Who knows what power plant was used in the plane in the video.
Thanks for your help and information.
I will see what I can find but I'm not impressed at all with the product and will no longer purchase any of them in the future.

Mike
Old 05-12-2003, 03:14 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

Default Pilot DJ2?

The only video I've seen of the DJ-2 is the one on RT Models web site. Where is this other video where it won't get off the ground?

John
Old 05-12-2003, 03:38 PM
mstubbs

Default DJ2 Video

Originally posted by JWN
The only video I've seen of the DJ-2 is the one on RT Models web site. Where is this other video where it won't get off the ground?

John
Here's the website where the vido can be seen. I just went out to RT Models site and they are only showing one clip of three.
Take a look here
http://www.pichler.de/okmodel/flugmo...en/ez_dj2.html
Old 05-12-2003, 03:51 PM
Mark Turner

Default Pilot DJ2?

Ummmmmm not even the same bird Look at the tail the current DJ-2 that I carry and in the video on my site has twin tail fin.

The video clip your showing in the link is a single fin

http://www23.tok2.com/home/cha2/movie/dj201.WMV

And the other videos do show that version flying. Can you confirm what version you do have a single tail vs a twin? Hmmmm maybe a early prototype version?

Got me stumped as it does not look like the one I stock

Thanks,
Mark
RT Models
Old 05-12-2003, 04:06 PM
mstubbs

Default Pilot DJ2?

Mark,
I have the twin tail version now I'm confused as well.
Somethings not right
Originally posted by Mark turner
Ummmmmm not even the same bird Look at the tail the current DJ-2 that I carry and in the video on my site has twin tail fin.

The video clip your showing in the link is a single fin

http://www23.tok2.com/home/cha2/movie/dj201.WMV

And the other videos do show that version flying. Can you confirm what version you do have a single tail vs a twin? Hmmmm maybe a early prototype version?

Got me stumped as it does not look like the one I stock

Thanks,
Mark
RT Models
Old 05-12-2003, 06:17 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

Default Pilot DJ2?

I have no idea why the German OK Model site is showing the single tail videos other than possibly to show one of the early prototypes and the evolution of the model? Whatever the reason, I think it's safe to say that model was much more marginally powered than the current twin tailed model in the video on Marks site.

John
Old 05-12-2003, 06:21 PM
mstubbs

Default Pilot DJ2?

Originally posted by JWN
I have no idea why the German OK Model site is showing the single tail videos other than possibly to show one of the early prototypes and the evolution of the model? Whatever the reason, I think it's safe to say that model was much more marginally powered than the current twin tailed model in the video on Marks site.

John
And why would you think that.
I have the same problem the power plant is the same. Product is flawed
Old 05-12-2003, 06:28 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

Default Pilot DJ2?

Again, sounds like you have a problem with YOUR PARTICULAR ENGINE, not a flawed product. Ever heard of a "bad one"? They do happen. If you're so set on calling the product flawed, then how to you explain the video on Marks site?

Why do I say that I think the single tail was more marginally powered than the twin tail? Simple, I reviewed both videos. One model staggered into the air on a paved run way on one attempted and couldn't even begin to roll under it's own power in another. Yet, the video of the actual DJ2 took off not only under it's own power, but from grass as well. Pretty cut and dry if you ask me.

I think we all understand, and appreciate, the fact that the model you have is causing grief, but when you reference a video which clearly shows how poor the performance is, yet it's not even the same model, one has to step back and say, "Stop, let's figure out what's wrong here so we can get this thing in the air the way it was meant to fly.".

If you don't want to do that, I'll give you $20.00 for the whole thing minus your radio and I'll throw in another $15.00 in for shipping.

John
Old 05-12-2003, 06:37 PM
mstubbs

Default Pilot DJ2?

Originally posted by JWN
Again, sounds like you have a problem with YOUR PARTICULAR ENGINE, not a flawed product. Ever heard of a "bad one"? They do happen. If you're so set on calling the product flawed, then how to you explain the video on Marks site?

Why do I say that I think the single tail was more marginally powered than the twin tail? Simple, I reviewed both videos. One model staggered into the air on a paved run way on one attempted and couldn't even begin to roll under it's own power in another. Yet, the video of the actual DJ2 took off not only under it's own power, but from grass as well. Pretty cut and dry if you ask me.

I think we all understand, and appreciate, the fact that the model you have is causing grief, but when you reference a video which clearly shows how poor the performance is, yet it's not even the same model, one has to step back and say, "Stop, let's figure out what's wrong here so we can get this thing in the air the way it was meant to fly.".

$20.00 right
The only reason you keep giving input is because your selling the things. and don't want to admit that the product is junk.
RIGHT
I going to do anything I can to make sure that the next RC pilot that puts his or her money on the table gets a product that performs as advertised.
Thanks but no thanks you don't even have one to test. Buy one and then come back and give input.

If you don't want to do that, I'll give you $20.00 for the whole thing minus your radio and I'll throw in another $15.00 in for shipping.

John
Old 05-12-2003, 06:48 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

Default Pilot DJ2?

$20.00 right
The only reason you keep giving input is because your selling the things. and don't want to admit that the product is junk.

I think you need to step back and very seriously consider what you are accusing me of.

I do not, nor have I ever, sold anything aside from my own personal used hobby equiptment. I don't know where you got the idea that I am a hobby retailer of any sort, but you are dead wrong and owe me an apology.

As far as buying one to compare against yours, I don't need to do that to try and offer suggestions on how to get your model flying. But to be honest, I haven't seen you even ask for that. All you have to offer is condemnation of the model without a single fact on how you have yours setup. In fact, you haven't done anything except complain about the model for nearly a week. You even stated you didn't like it the moment you opened the box yet built it anyway in hopes you didn't waste your money. What kind of attitude for success is that?

John
Old 05-12-2003, 07:11 PM
mstubbs

Default Pilot DJ2?

John,
Look this is very unproductive and time is money. I need to get on with my work. So have a great day.
Goodbye
Mike

Originally posted by JWN

I think you need to step back and very seriously consider what you are accusing me of.

I do not, nor have I ever, sold anything aside from my own personal used hobby equiptment. I don't know where you got the idea that I am a hobby retailer of any sort, but you are dead wrong and owe me an apology.

As far as buying one to compare against yours, I don't need to do that to try and offer suggestions on how to get your model flying. But to be honest, I haven't seen you even ask for that. All you have to offer is condemnation of the model without a single fact on how you have yours setup. In fact, you haven't done anything except complain about the model for nearly a week. You even stated you didn't like it the moment you opened the box yet built it anyway in hopes you didn't waste your money. What kind of attitude for success is that?

John [/B]
Old 05-12-2003, 07:19 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

Default Pilot DJ2?

Yes, you are right. You doing nothing but complaining about something and refusing to give any details on the setup of the model is very unproductive.

As a side note, I see you are selling the engine and fan (which is made by Toki not Tokin) while claiming that it has only been run for break-in, yet here you state you tried to fly the model several times.

Note to self: Never buy anything from Mike Stubbs as he's not exactly forth coming on the items he lists. He also has a history of complaining in several other forums without offering anything helpful what so ever.

John
Old 05-12-2003, 08:02 PM
Mark Turner

Default Pilot DJ2?

My last words on this is MRC/ALTECH tech support is 1.732.225.6144 and feel free to shoot OK Models an e mail. [email protected]

Yes I do sell OK Models products.....but you also see me on here offering support and asking questions when I can. And while I'm not employed by OK or MRC I do take an interest when someone says a product is junk. I did ask a few quesions a few postings back such as your AUW, etc. as I actually do care about seeing them get in the air.

Mine will be at the field weekend after next, if it will not fly I will not be ashamed to say so.

The OK Models line has a proven design with the DJ-1 and DJ-3 and time will tell about the DJ-2. And for the price of the Toki .18 that is a winner for sure!!

Thanks for your time,
Mark
RT Models

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.