Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Worlds Fastest RC Jet

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Worlds Fastest RC Jet

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 01:48 PM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts
Default RE: Worlds Fastest RC Jet

ORIGINAL: wojtek

so lets do this next Jan, Feb or March, and all participants can just not renew AMA memberships till later that year ... The AMA, EC or hoever can not say anyting then, just like they have no say on what happens in Germany, Canada or Brasil .. simple and easy

Wojtek
That's fine too, just make that is part of the REQUIREMENTS for entry. That way, Steve or any other poor soul who goes before the EC on OUR behalf next time has that plausable deniability in-hand to quash any arguments...

Bob

ps. Do be aware that if you let your AMA membership lapse, you have to re-do your waiver paperwork as a new applicant, not as a renewal - that's one reason for not doing it that way - at least for the participants
Old 11-28-2005, 01:51 PM
grbaker
My Feedback: (29)

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

If you don't renew your AMA until after the speed event, will your waiver be renewed automatically or will you have to start over?
Old 11-28-2005, 02:50 PM
EddieWeeks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are going to ask AMA to bypass the 200 mph for this speicial event. But there will be NO Diving.

If they still say no thank, Then my company (Weeks Aero Concepts LLC.) who has been building UAVs for sometime
will hold a private UAV Technology demonstration for possible use as autonomous UAV with emphasis on speed and range in level flight. This will be invitation only and all planes must be approved by Weeks Aero Concepts.

Either way this will be a safe event. Flight line will be far from the pitts.

Eddie Weeks
Old 11-28-2005, 02:59 PM
ghost_rider
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: EddieWeeks

We are going to ask AMA to bypass the 200 mph for this speicial event. But there will be NO Diving.

If they still say no thank
Eddie Weeks
1-765-287-1256 Ext. 250

Let us know what you find out.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:08 PM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmm, Eddie Weeks scratch build job What cuts the mustard?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh14830.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	361676  
Old 11-28-2005, 03:36 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: EddieWeeks

If they still say no thank, Then my company (Weeks Aero Concepts LLC.) who has been building UAVs for sometime
will hold a private UAV Technology demonstration for possible use as autonomous UAV with emphasis on speed and range in level flight.
No offense, I think you should just go to plan B, tell them it is a UAV event and get the special note from AMA that you have waived coverage. Don't even ask the question about getting a special waiver over 200 with AMA coverage...you will just be fanning flames at HQ

You could really be walking into a mess with this at the AMA. According to many, having the privilege to fly turbines (under AMA sanction) could be taken away, and if you ever forget that, there are dozens of people in and around the AMA that will remind you of it "real quick". Just my $0.02

Old 11-28-2005, 03:37 PM
erbroens

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Sean, you should abandon the idea that a shiny finished, carbon fiber plated with gold anodized air connectors and sharp shaved toy doll pilot is safer or better flying than a home made creation like
Eddie´s...

Enrique
Old 11-28-2005, 04:36 PM
vic montalbano
My Feedback: (3)

Count me in! I would LOVE to do some Balsa Bashing in the salt flats or better yet i would love to do anything to get out of this shop. All the b*tching on the internet could turn into another superman, and that would keep me in this shop for another year, please keep it private as possible. Hey Eddie, nice to hear some excitement back in the Jet Industry. Already working on Nitrous Kit for Firebird . Keep it friendly and simple as possible, remember why we did this 20 years ago...becasue it was FUN! If someone sees Lane, tell him hes no good for nothin!
Old 11-28-2005, 04:56 PM
wojtek
My Feedback: (73)

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

will hold a private UAV Technology demonstration for possible use as autonomous UAV with emphasis on speed and range in level flight. This will be invitation only and all planes must be approved by Weeks Aero Concepts.

Either way this will be a safe event. Flight line will be far from the pitts.

Eddie Weeks

super idea !! ... now the issue does remain that in the near future the FAA will have finally setup a clasification for UAVs and a license or permit will be required for those ... an event as such might be goor for 1 - 2 years or so, but we will have to also look ahead and consider future options ...

I could see this as really turning into the next step in RC jet technology. Finally a reason for new and inovativ econcets, and possibly even unique and new develpopments in the power plants themselves as well ...

Wojtek
Old 11-28-2005, 05:13 PM
Woketman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Vic, Lane already knows that!
Old 11-28-2005, 10:51 PM
Ram-bro
My Feedback: (101)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Eddie , be sure you invite some "Ol Schoolers" with our Ducted Fans. We look forward to the oppurtunity to embarrass the ' SUCK, Squeeze and Blow" crowd.......
Old 11-28-2005, 10:53 PM
Ram-bro
My Feedback: (101)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Eddie , be sure you invite some "Ol Schoolers" with our Ducted Fans. We look forward to the oppurtunity to embarrass the ' SUCK, Squeeze and Blow" crowd.......
Old 12-02-2005, 04:54 PM
SJMILLER

Hey guys,
I have been a rc sport pilot for lots of years, no jets but I enjoy reading about them on this site and other places so I find this idea to be really interesting. I have a question in regards to some of the issues discussed about regulations. Does the FAA have any input on our aircraft, more specifically on your jets possibly breaking the speed limit for aircraft below 10,000 ft which I believe is 250 kts. I would have to assume that some of the turbine powered jets could get there. Any thoughts?
Stan
Old 12-02-2005, 06:49 PM
Mark H

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How fast can we afford to go .!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-02-2005, 07:06 PM
erbroens

Stan: I really don´t know if this applies at all, the fastest motorsport in the world, as far as I know are the Reno air races, with full size planes flying between 400 and 500 mph in the unlimited class and this speed are reached not much above the deck with a lot of spectators nearby...

One thing that I would try this year and for sure for the second Jet Speed Event in Curitiba is to break this mark and make the R/C jet racing the fastest one.

How fast can we afford to go .!!!
Well, some years ago a mechanic telled that a formula one car clutch system of a top team was
about Us$ 100.000 and it only lasts a race..nor to say that the team need to have spares for the racing weekend.. so I guess that making a model jet plane is a far more efficient and cheaper way of having fun!

Best regards, Enrique
Old 12-02-2005, 08:25 PM
EddieWeeks

Just an update...

Plan A... Get AMA approval

Plan B... Private Invitation only, no spectator, most likely Near Salt Lake City, UT

I am working on a web site right now, with all the rules, guide lines....ect..
Even if you your not going to Utah.. All flight data will be posted on the internet, with pics and movies.

Entry Fee will be Far Less than Most Jet events. No awards. Just lots of pics of the winner.

Time frame still 6-9 months..

Eddie Weeks
Old 12-02-2005, 08:32 PM
erbroens

Eddie, i wouldn´t mind to pay a typical jet event fee or even a little more if you plan to use the money in the event infrastructure.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:40 PM
EddieWeeks

Oh.. I know these guys will Pay.. If they Drive to Utah.. I mean really...

But so far you get what you pay far... And right now, I am not offering much.

Maybe later, As I make it gets nicer, Potties, food... ect.. The fee will go up..
Old 12-02-2005, 10:00 PM
wojtek

any rules planed for limiting power plants here ??? over 45 lbs thrust ? afterburners ? rocket assist ?? why not !!! ... this could be a whole new era of RC !

Wojtek
Old 12-02-2005, 10:20 PM
erbroens

At least in the Curitiba event, there is no planning in power or weight restrictions for the next year. If you want to install giant servos in a surplus F-15 it´s ok to go.. but you willl need to land your creation in a 600 feet strip and bring back the gps intact!

but of course, if the pilot mess up the safety of the event, or complains about the hotdogs, it will be eat alive by the local cannibals!

Enrique
Old 12-02-2005, 11:17 PM
EddieWeeks

As of now, the only rules are... 55 lbs Dry... No diving... Data logger must be installed..

Maybe a max altitude 100-200 feet.. And 50-100 meters to the flight line..

oh.. and acting like a fool!!!!..
Old 12-03-2005, 08:44 AM
erbroens

Man, keeping the beasts at 300 mph below 200 feet the whole flight will keep things interesting...
Old 12-03-2005, 09:06 AM
wojtek

how about adding a "limbo" option for extra points
Old 12-03-2005, 09:15 AM
Mach1
My Feedback: (5)

Get this group to sponser the whole deal:

http://www.rocketracingleague.com/

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35388.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	364136   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94468.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	364137  
Old 12-03-2005, 09:24 AM
wojtek

ROCKET RACING !!! ??? awesome !!!!! where do i sign up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.