Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

My New GWM Mig-21

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

My New GWM Mig-21

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 01:10 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: My New GWM Mig-21

ORIGINAL: John Christensen

ORIGINAL: EASYTIGER

Here are some indian ones:
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/IAF/Im...t/MiG-21f.html

And here is the gold mine:

http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww3/f/14

Three hundred and forty three different mig 21 schemes all on one page, from Albania to Zaire.

Thanks for posting the links ET. Just the page I was looking for.

Here is another nice one:

Hey, my pleasure, and good luck with your new company, the site looks great...
Old 12-19-2005, 01:20 PM
-JC-
My Feedback: (26)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone know what this color is supposed to be. looks great.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh14504.gif
Views:	20
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	372697  
Old 12-19-2005, 01:28 PM
lavi rider
My Feedback: (6)

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Easytiger,
Israeli "propaganda" Well you probably WHERE there, I mean 1973 .The F-4 in the picture was shot down by the new SA-6 anti aircraft missile that went into service then and the west had no technical answer to jam it . The pilot was known to me and Mr. Tyger I would check my stories for facts before I go public!!! A. WE NEVER LOST A PLANE IN A DOG FIGHT AND THAT IS A FACT PERIOD..!!!! GO AND TALK TO THE GUYS WHO WE FLY WITH AT THE RED FLAG EXERCISES!!
U CAN TAKE MY WORDS TO THE BANK MR.KNOW IT ALL.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:34 PM
lavi rider

Hi John,
It's the markings of the Hungarian Air Force u where there at the base the markings where on their migs.Just diffrent colour.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:42 PM
lavi rider

About the Mig,

It has a very high ROC but it is hard to manuver at high speed the hydraulic system is not helping much ,the stick is very heavy ,visibility is poor due to a low sitting position in the cockpit specialy when u wear the Russian presurized flight helmet and suit The human ergronomics of the design of the cockpit is poor compared to western fighters where all critical instrumentation is in one group and can be checked with one glance so u can concentrate on target and weapon systems.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:53 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

ORIGINAL: lavi rider

Easytiger,
Israeli "propaganda" Well you probably WHERE there, I mean 1973 .The F-4 in the picture was shot down by the new SA-6 anti aircraft missile that went into service then and the west had no technical answer to jam it . The pilot was known to me and Mr. Tyger I would check my stories for facts before I go public!!! A. WE NEVER LOST A PLANE IN A DOG FIGHT AND THAT IS A FACT PERIOD..!!!! GO AND TALK TO THE GUYS WHO WE FLY WITH AT THE RED FLAG EXERCISES!!
U CAN TAKE MY WORDS TO THE BANK MR.KNOW IT ALL.
Even the official IAF website says you are wrong, but, hey, if you say so, I guess you ought to talk to them and correct the record.

At any rate, back to the Mig-21...which has shot down a lot of aircraft...
Old 12-19-2005, 01:56 PM
lavi rider

Oh, one more thing regarding" me not being so full of myself if we flew against Russian pilots" Well between 1956 -1967 we had severall encounters with Russian driven Mig-21's who came to Egypt to train their Air Force pilots,
we shot down several planes (in one encounter a group of 4 Mirage CIII shot down 4 out of 8 mig-21's who were piloted by expert Russian pilots who took off for an "easy kill" against us).
Old 12-19-2005, 02:01 PM
-JC-

Hi John,
It's the markings of the Hungarian Air Force u where there at the base the markings where on their migs.Just diffrent colour.
Thanks Lavi,

I knew it was Hungarian, I was just wondering what exactly the yellowish base color would be in "real" life. Drawings like this typically get the colors wrong. Anyone know what the Humbrol paint code would translate to?
Old 12-19-2005, 02:03 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

Oh, one more thing regarding" me not being so full of myself if we flew against Russian pilots" Well between 1956 -1967 we had severall encounters with Russian driven Mig-21's who came to Egypt to train their Air Force pilots,
we shot down several planes (in one encounter a group of 4 Mirage CIII shot down 4 out of 8 mig-21's who were piloted by expert Russian pilots who took off for an "easy kill" against us).
Absolutey. Actually, I heard it was FIVE Russian flown Mig21s in just one encounter. Whether or not any Russian "Honchos" ever scored against the IAF, never heard of any.
On the other hand, quite a few Pakistani pilots seconded to Arab air forces did...
Old 12-19-2005, 02:06 PM
lavi rider

I've checked it, If u talk about the f-4 that was hit by A mig in the left engine and made it back to Sharem el Sheich While it was on a reconocense mision ..... Well .... that is not a kill and defenately not a dog fight. So pleeeease......
Old 12-19-2005, 02:08 PM
lavi rider

Did what ????
Old 12-19-2005, 02:24 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

Shot down IAF aircraft in air-to-air combat.

Look...you can brag all you want, but the fact is you are wrong, and the IAF, like pretty much ALL other air forces, exaggerates their kills and hides their losses. They just do it much BETTER than most other air forces.
Fact is, they pretty much ALWAYS claim that EVERY air-to-air combat loss was a SAM or AAA. Does not make it true. And the fact is that even the IAF official website admits many air-to-air losses against the Arab air forces...kind of blows your "NEVER lost an aircraft in air to air combat" statement to pieces.
There is an awful lot of mythology to air combat...
For instance...there WAS no "Col. Tomb" in the North Vietmamese Air Force. He was a myth.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:33 PM
DocYates
My Feedback: (102)

For instance...there WAS no "Col. Tomb" in the North Vietmamese Air Force. He was a myth.
Can't be ET, I saw last night on the history Channel where Duke Cunnigham shot him down in the "Ace in a Day" episode. You don't expect me to not believe the History Channel, do you????......
Please don't let Adil paint that Mig in anything other than a scale military paint scheme, no bright show team colors please.
BTW Adil, that is a very nice looking bird, and I secod that the Russian aircraft are awesome, I wish there were more of them available.
Tommy
Old 12-19-2005, 02:38 PM
ceffi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,
this my first post in the rc-universe
I`m just build up also a MIG 21 from german factory BZM.
I would like to coulor it in the IAI version an I need more pictures.

Who had some?
Christian

Name:	Cz79727.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	372725   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz79487.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	372726  
Old 12-19-2005, 02:43 PM
lavi rider

I'm sorry sir BUT U WHO is WRONG To bad u can't read hebrew But one day if u'll be here I'll be more than happy to host u and let u meet some people and let u lurn some facts.the Iaf doesn't state the fights where planes where lost and what kind but I'll give u an example.During the 1940 a Primus plane (similar to piper cub) was shot down by no other than two Spifires after fuling them for 15min!! Well that's not quite a dog fight knowing the pilot and navigator had only pistols!!
Over and out!!
Old 12-19-2005, 02:47 PM
lavi rider

Sorry it was an Oster.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:49 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

ORIGINAL: DocYates

Can't be ET, I saw last night on the history Channel where Duke Cunnigham shot him down in the "Ace in a Day" episode. You don't expect me to not believe the History Channel, do you????......
Please don't let Adil paint that Mig in anything other than a scale military paint scheme, no bright show team colors please.
BTW Adil, that is a very nice looking bird, and I secod that the Russian aircraft are awesome, I wish there were more of them available.
Tommy
No, they said "MIGHT" have been Col. Tomb! Turned out Col. Tomb was a myth...

Sad, though. Cunningham is going to jail, having taken several million dollars in bribes from defense contractors. Especially sad if you had ever heard the guy speechify about "truth and integrity and the American Way..."

Just sad...especially because he really did not have to, he had his choice of cushy billets with any number of defense contractors if he wanted to.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:56 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

I'm sorry sir BUT U WHO is WRONG To bad u can't read hebrew But one day if u'll be here I'll be more than happy to host u and let u meet some people and let u lurn some facts.the Iaf doesn't state the fights where planes where lost and what kind but I'll give u an example.During the 1940 a Primus plane (similar to piper cub) was shot down by no other than two Spifires after fuling them for 15min!! Well that's not quite a dog fight knowing the pilot and navigator had only pistols!!
Over and out!!
I won't bother to post a link to official IAF confirmed losses in air to air combat. Here's why: I have never, ever, in my life experience, ever seen an Israeli guy admit he was wrong...EVER. Never. So I won't bother trying. Been there, done that!

Sometime I need to tell you about the Israeli guy who insisted on trying to add water to the maintainance-free sealed truck battery. Kept telling him that this was a DIFFERENT type of battery that you CANNOT add water to, and he just kept insisting "I was in the Israeli Army, I know what I am talking about!" Not a thing would change his mind.

Anyway...back to the Mig-21....
Old 12-19-2005, 03:02 PM
lavi rider

Well ....I on the other hand saw unfortunately meny people who can take two examples and make an all population character judgement statement of a nation .
Old 12-19-2005, 03:11 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

Well ....I on the other hand saw unfortunately meny people who can take two examples and make an all population character judgement statement of a nation .
My own personal experience, which is just that, my own personal experience, has been that the Israelis are EXPERTS at just what you are speaking about in the above sentence. Experts.

Sounds like getting dangerously into politics, though, a no-no here on RCU, so I will have to recuse myself from further comment in that direction.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:16 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

ORIGINAL: ceffi

Hello,
this my first post in the rc-universe
I`m just build up also a MIG 21 from german factory BZM.
I would like to coulor it in the IAI version an I need more pictures.

Who had some?
Christian
What did you think of the BZM kits? We don't see them here in the states, and I was wondering. I have only seen one, and only on the internet, and it was the small electric one, and the guy did not know what he was doing, messed up the kit, and I could not really tell anything about the quality...
Old 12-19-2005, 03:23 PM
-JC-

Copied from the IAF (Israeli Air Force official web site) -Now, lets tune back to Adils Mig 21 and find a paint scheme for him [&:]

687 enemy airplanes have been shot down in dogfights since Israel`s birth. Only 23 Israeli planes have been shot down by enemy planes since 1948 - a statistic which puts the dogfight victory ratio between Israel and its Arab neighbors at a whopping 30:1.
18 enemy planes were shot down in dogfights in the 1948 War of Independence. A single Israeli plane may have been shot down in a dogfight over the Galilee, but the exact circumstances of its demise were never established in certainty.
Seven enemy planes were shot down in the course of the Sinai Campaign, without a single Israeli plane being shot down.
In the Six Day War, 60 enemy planes and 12 IAF planes were shot down.
The War of Attrition saw 111 enemy planes and four Israeli planes shot down.
277 enemy planes were shot down in the Yom Kippur War - accounting for over a third of the IAF`s total kills since 1948. Of the planes lost by the IAF in the war, only five were shot down in dogfights.
88 enemy planes were shot down in the Peace for Galilee Campaign. Not one Israeli plane was shot down in a dogfight.
126 enemy planes were shot down in dogfights in the years between the wars - most of them in the 70`s.
The IAF lost only two planes in dogfights between the wars, in 1959 and in 1964
Old 12-19-2005, 03:27 PM
lavi rider

I thank u well.... maybe not an expert yet but I'm trainig :-) . It's just talk .Please Let us go back to our hobby. I'll try to get some Israeli upgraded Romaninan Mig-21's pic's
Old 12-19-2005, 03:46 PM
ceffi

Look here,
http://www.bzmbau.de/
the kits are for model builder not ARF and have good prices.
I flew the Macchini

and start now the MIG 21 in the sport version.

Name:	Vt58494.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	372750   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy78418.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	372751   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ye84529.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	372752  
Old 12-19-2005, 06:12 PM
vinnyjet
My Feedback: (39)

well put lets get back to mig-21 paint schemes
adil
military paint scheme for sure

i dare you to show up at FBF with a pink mig-21

vinny

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.