Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Note from Larry Wolfe of JHH regarding AMD BAE Hawk

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Note from Larry Wolfe of JHH regarding AMD BAE Hawk

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 12:26 AM
t_burley
My Feedback: (59)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Note from Larry Wolfe of JHH regarding AMD BAE Hawk

ORIGINAL: wojtek

my point is RCU should stay out of it by making threads like this one , Mark is WAY out of line .. i don't care aboutthe mfg wars much anymore , it is what it is, and i'd personally hate to be in some of these manufacturers shoes ..

gotta agree with you there for sure.
I'm amazed at what they allow, and dont allow, and now defend?
Old 12-31-2005, 12:57 AM
mikedenilin
My Feedback: (67)

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Hi Muggenkidd:

You and I would never know the true details of the agreement between AMD and JHH. They would have to settle their dispute themselves. However, I feel that if JHH refuses AMD to use JHH as the designer of the AMD Hawk, then AMD should not use JHH's name and JHH reputation as credit to sell AMD hawks. What would you feel, if someone designs a bad product and claims that you Muggenkidd designed it and use your name as a credit. Do you think that your reputation won't be affected? AMD can simply modify their planes and sell them at will as long as that they don't use JHH's name to gain commercial interest. Yes, this dispute is going on for more then a year. As a 2-Hawk owner, I need to be serviced. I can call JHH to get service. What would JHH think if I bought AMD hawks and call JHH for service or missing parts? That's what I heard from JHH that other people bought the knock-off and called them and complain about the missing parts. Using people's name for commercial interest is a clear violation of copy right. It's a criminal offense, so I think this matter is rather serious. Any law expert opnions? I rather not to spend $250/hr attorney to find out answers to these.

The situation between JETLEGEND and Skymaster is rather different. They have the same kits but they did not use each others names to boost their product's sales. It would be interesting to see that Jetlegend sells their F15 and claim that their F15 are designed by Anton Lin of Skymaster and their F15's user manual. Their dispute is more of contractual dispute or issues, so they would have to settle that themselves in the court of law. The court ruling can be sent to RCU for final ruling. Until such time, it's totally ethical and legal that both competitors are allowed to place ads. Thefore, RCU is doing a good job to allow both JETLEGEND and Skymaster's advertisements in the RCU ads. I have 2 F15s, one by SM, one kit by Jet Legend. I would continue to buy from both of them the future kits. I think their competitions will lower the price, yet generate more sales for both of them because of lower prices. We, customers are also winners.

These competitions are good for us. I love turbine airplanes. They are the R/C dream machines, but too pricey to keep my wife happy. The more competitors, the less we pay for better products. Unfortunately, there are too many Chinese manufacturers taking the short cut and kill many legitimate factories. We should do our best to protect the people who run their business by the rules.

Any public opinion on this?

Regards

Mike

Old 12-31-2005, 01:12 AM
mugenkidd
My Feedback: (94)

ORIGINAL: mikedenilin

Hi Muggenkidd:

You and I would never know the true details of the agreement between AMD and JHH. They would have to settle their dispute themselves. However, I feel that if JHH refuses AMD to use JHH as the designer of the AMD Hawk, then AMD should not use JHH's name and JHH reputation as credit to sell AMD hawks. What would you feel, if someone designs a bad product and claims that you Muggenkidd designed it and use your name as a credit. Do you think that your reputation won't be affected? AMD can simply modify their planes and sell them at will as long as that they don't use JHH's name to gain commercial interest. Yes, this dispute is going on for more then a year. As a 2-Hawk owner, I need to be serviced. I can call JHH to get service. What would JHH think if I bought AMD hawks and call JHH for service or missing parts? That's what I heard from JHH that other people bought the knock-off and called them and complain about the missing parts. Using people's name for commercial interest is a clear violation of copy right. It's a criminal offense, so I think this matter is rather serious. Any law expert opnions? I rather not to spend $250/hr attorney to find out answers to these.

First of all why do you think the AMD is a bad product?? I have owned both and the AMD fiberglass work was a lot better than the work on the JHH copy I owned. BTW The "cheap" copies of the hawk are "not" made by AMD-I believe the AMD are still coming from the original factory. And the point is we don't know the entire story so I'm not going to draw conclusions because of one sides complaints. Have you ever talked to people who are divorced? You think the other person is the worse person in the world, then you talk to them and see that the spouce that you were listening to left a lot of the story out. As far as service goes-its an RC plane not an automobile- planes are discontinued everday and companies go out out business all of the time thats just a part of the hobby. I know I'll never get a replacment part on my royal citation [sm=lol.gif] LOL!!
Old 12-31-2005, 04:17 PM
AirPac Models

ORIGINAL: mikedenilin

I think their competitions will lower the price, yet generate more sales for both of them because of lower prices. We, customers are also winners.

These competitions are good for us. I love turbine airplanes. They are the R/C dream machines, but too pricey to keep my wife happy. The more competitors, the less we pay for better products. Unfortunately, there are too many Chinese manufacturers taking the short cut and kill many legitimate factories. We should do our best to protect the people who run their business by the rules.

Any public opinion on this?

Regards

Mike
I am not try to dig into this old subject. However, just wondering if no one willing to pay R&D cost and the price to make molds. How the molders expect manufactures product new models?

Since the jet is a very small market, each model maxim only produce a few hundreds. (if lucky, It could be as low as 50pcs) When we average out the R&D cost and price to make molds into the plane we can sell, it occupy high percentage in our sale price. For example, a $1000 plane could included $200 to $300 for the R&D and molds fee.

We welcome competition, because competition create more planes for modelers to choice, and could be lower the price. However, this is only base on develop the products by your own, so the competition base on the same condition. For example, Skymaster F-15 and Yellow F-15 introduce to market about the same time coincidentally. You don't see any problem between the 2 companies. Because this is a friendly competition!! Both companies developed the products by their own. Moreover, we tell customers to buy high scale struts from Yellow, since our struts just normal one, and Yellow tell customers to buy missiles package from Skymaster. I believe is truly benefit for modelers and call "friendly competition".
Old 12-31-2005, 05:14 PM
Avaiojet

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm more interested in knowing more about the BEA Hawk. Period!

Quality of construction? Simplicity or complexity of building? Assembly? Best fan or best tirbine? Gear? Retracts? Weight? Correct CG? How do they perform? Is the list endless?

Also, who has one? Critique pleses?

I'm considering purchasing one.

Well first I gotta sell these 28% Staudachers to get the money. :-(

Charles

>
Old 02-05-2006, 09:50 PM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I WISH SKYMASTER HAD A BETTER WEBSITE AND MORE INFO LIKE WING AREA WING LOADING ECT. I HAVE A GRPEN AND NO DATA TO HELP ME UNDERSTAND THE FLIGHT HABBITS OF THE PLANE.