Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Skymaster Aerial Whip Antennas?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Skymaster Aerial Whip Antennas?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 08:04 AM
Steve S
My Feedback: (54)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skymaster Aerial Whip Antennas?

Guys,

I have a few of the Aerial Whip antennas that Skymaster includes with the ARF combos they sell.I have buddy here that needs to use one of them in his Starfire II that he just had converted from DF to a Wren54.Space is very tight in the airframe now that he had it converted to turbine since he is using the stock DF inlets.Being that either him nor I have used a SM Aerial Whippy to date,we need to know how much to trim off the Reciever Antenna ?Is there anything else we should know in regards to using/installing the Aerial Whip Antenna?

He needs to get the Antenna installed on his Starfire right away so we can shoot for maiden flight this weekend.He is getting back into the turbine game after being away for approx. 5 months

Thanks in advance,Steve
Old 02-22-2006, 08:28 AM
Stig Andersen

Default RE: Skymaster Aerial Whip Antennas?

Hi Steve.

Cut the same length of the receiver antenna as the length of the whip aerial. The total length of your antenna must be the same befor and after..

Do a proper range check.

Have fun
Old 02-22-2006, 08:33 AM
Steve S

Stig

That was a super fast response !! Gotta love RCU no matter what everyone says LOL-j/k .I'll see him today at lunch and I'll pass the info onto him.He's excited about flying his converted Starfire,actually I am too cause I have always wanted to see a Starfire II fly on a Wren54!

Thanks alot,Steve
Old 02-22-2006, 08:44 AM
AirPac Models

Steve,

Stig is correct. You just cut same length of the antenna, and make sure the total is the same. Sorry miss your call yesterday. We are very busy to ship out customers' order. I was stay in warehouse most of time recently.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:58 AM
Steve S

Eric

Thats ok,That was the only reason I called anyways was to ask you about the SM whip aerial.I figured it was best to hop on RCU and inquire about it Talk to ya later Eric

thanks,Steve