Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

F-18 with Mini Fan

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

F-18 with Mini Fan

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2002, 04:53 PM
KillerCut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-18 with Mini Fan

Ok, I still do not know what motor to get for this setup.

This is the plane its the F-18 from Electric Jet Factory, not the Combat Models one, this one is probably smaller than the CM one:
http://www.electricjetfactory.com/itemejff18.html

It comes with a Mini Fan, and I would either get brushless or brushed, but I want good control and nice speed on it.

I am gonna get the Hitec Flash SX (Glider Version), unless this wouldn't be right for this plane.

I was thinking of 8 or 10 cells at either 1700mah or 2400mah.
Unless thats too heavy.

And a Great Planes C-50, (50 amp) Speed control, for $50. Unless I go brushless then I dont know which Speed control to get.

On the EJF site it said that it needs either a HP 200/20/6 or Astro 05 brushless with 10 to 12 cells max of 1250SCR type.

I was wondering about the performance of the Astro 05 brushless. And I want 8 or 10 cells.

Also I dunno If EJF sells the HP 200/20/6 and I dont wanna call Robert until I'm sure of what I want to get, because then he is gonna treat me like a kid. Since I'm only 18. And then I'm gonna get another lecture on my experience. But, this is gonna be the second plane I'm getting, I'm getting a Multiplex Twinjet. Thats why I want to be able to use 8 or 10 cells at 1700 or 2400.

So PLEASE, Help me out here. I would like it soooo much if you guys (since you all are very experienced and know soo much more than me) to tell me a good setup that I can use. It would also be nice if the setup can be hand launched so I wouldn't have to buy another bungee launcher for $70. Thanks

PS. please give any prices in US dollars and any web sites in English, since I live in the US and I cant read German or many other languages.

Thanks
Old 01-23-2002, 05:00 PM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Default advice

Mr. Killercut,

My advice to you is this, if you do not want to talk to an expert like Robert at EJF (I would) then why not try one of the elec sites here on RCU or RCO.

Vin...
Old 01-23-2002, 05:02 PM
KillerCut

No its not that, I dont wanna talk to him until I have a clearer picture of what I should get. So I can see what he thinks of that setup.

And what sites are you refering to?
Old 01-23-2002, 05:26 PM
Craig-RCU

Default Checkout the Ezone

http://www.ezonemag.com/

This is the place to go for electric jets. The discussion on this site is mainly glow and turbine power. Read everything that Herb has posted. He really knows elctric jets. There are other forums there to help you with your Twinjet too.
Old 01-23-2002, 05:28 PM
KillerCut

I know wut I need for the twinjet, I dunno what I need for the F-18. I talked to people on that forum and they know twinjet not F-18. Help me here
Old 01-23-2002, 05:39 PM
Craig-RCU

They may not know the specifics about the F-18 you want to fly, but the general knowlege of small hand-launch EDF jets is outstanding. You are just "barking up the wrong tree" as it were in this forum. If you check the other posts in this jets forum you will notice that you are the only one talking about electric power. So, get your behind over to the E-zone and absorb some of that good-stuff over there.
Old 01-23-2002, 05:40 PM
F3D2Q

Default Research

YO !
Go to Ezone , that question has been asked many times In fact its on page one of jets... motor fan KC f18
And EJF is in the business of nothing but jets...So Robert knows what works!!! or EJF would not sell as many kits. Research (read) the forums the info is there.
Joe......
Old 01-23-2002, 05:52 PM
azblue

I think what we are trying to say is that most folks on this forum are into turbines and DF, and may not have the info to help you. Just so you don't think we are ignoring you when you demand service.

Andy
Old 01-23-2002, 06:08 PM
F3D2Q

Default REsearch

I did some Research and found that You asked this same Question on the E zone forum
Old 01-23-2002, 07:58 PM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Default advice

Hey Joe!!!

Killercut is his own worst enemy, wants help but not the kind anyone has to offer.

Vin...
Old 01-23-2002, 11:35 PM
KillerCut

Damn why are you people attacking me? I ask a simple question, if you know the answers PLEASE answer it, if you dont PLEASE go to the next thread. Shesh,

I dont need to hear your comments, as you can see I have already posted it on Ezone but I still havent come up with a solution. So help me out,

THANK YOU!
Old 01-24-2002, 02:31 AM
mavdriver
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by KillerCut
[B]Damn why are you people attacking me? I ask a simple question, if you know the answers PLEASE answer it, if you dont PLEASE go to the next thread. Shesh,

I dont need to hear your comments, as you can see I have already posted it on Ezone but I still havent come up with a solution. So help me out,

Hi Killer cut i don`t think anybody is attacking you per say i myself would go with Roberts reccomendations , he would be the man to hook up with , i also do fly electric ducted fan , from what i`ve learned i liked the most power that i can get , and believe me it is not cheep , it all depends how much you want to spend , once your in it , you go all the way ,. or you don`t . Dam thats what i told my wife before i married her , he he he , the rest is history . Good luck Killercut
Old 01-24-2002, 02:50 AM
KillerCut

Well I figured that I could get a decent brushed set for about $700- $800

Hitec Flash SX (Glider Version) - $200
EJF F-18 w/MF - $120
E10 CP1700 x2 - $100
Great Planes C-50 (50 amp Speed control) - $50
Speed 480 motor - $35
Charger - $85

Thats only $590
If I go brushless which I definitely wanna do it would be a little more, but I'm pretty sure there is something out there for $700 total.

Thats why I need you guys to help me out in deciding.

Thanks,
Old 01-24-2002, 02:59 AM
Terry Holston
My Feedback: (1)

Guys and gals'
I have had enough of KILLER CUT, I think I'll use the block button RCUniverse has so kindly put on this forum for just this kind of situation.

Go to "Edit ignore list" if you want to do the same.

Killercut has asked the same questions and they have been answered numerous times.

Apparently he doesn't understand or read English.

He can barely write it.

Sorry Killercut, but your too much for me.
Old 01-24-2002, 03:07 AM
KillerCut

I can barely write? You are really funny. There are shortcuts in writing on the internet. You dont need to write out the whole work you know. Shesh,

You're pathetic, son. You go put your stupid ignore feature and I hope you learn a lot from using it. 'Cause your an ignorant *******. Shesh,

Now some HUMAN people, please help me out and please recommend a good brushless setup for me. I dont need no more arrogant a-holes to bs to me anymore.

P.S. I graduated from The Bronx High School of Science. So if you have any comments on my intellect I suggest you keep your 2 cents to yourself, because Bronx Science is the best high school in the United States. And I'm currently going to Baruch College (Business School).

Thank You,
Old 01-24-2002, 05:07 AM
DavidR

KillerCut,

Re read your post right above this one. Do you not see anything about your attitude that makes the people in this forum not want to respond to you?

That being said let me explain another thing so that with your "superior" education you can understand another reason why you are not getting answers in this forum. Most Jet guys do not fly that electric stuff that you are asking questions about. I have one electric jet, (EJF Rafale) with twin mini fan 480's, and brushless motors. I chose this combination for two reasons..... One because the airplane looked cool to me, 2 because Robert Wagonner....THE EXPERT ON ELECTRIC JETS recommended the combination based on my desires for a high performance electric jet. Robert IS the expert..... you will not find anyone on this forum that can give you any better advice than he can. He flies all the stuff he sells, and he has tried all of it with a variety of different fan/motor combinations.

Don't be a moron..........follow his advice!!!! He will not steer you wrong he wants the stuff he sells you to work. If you can't follow his advice at least quit acting like a foolish child in this forum.....we don't care about electric jets!!!!
Old 01-24-2002, 05:23 AM
KillerCut

I am asking you guys first so that I can have an idea of what I should get before I call Robert. Shesh,

Now dont try to make yourself feel all smart and anything. LoL

Aight, I will call Robert, but can you guys at least give me a hint of what I should be getting? Maybe he doesn't sell EVERYTHING, you know.

Thank You,
Old 01-24-2002, 05:30 AM
KillerCut

Ok, now I got a different question. This one you guys should know.

The Rafale is a composite, and the F-18 is a balsa kit. So which would be easier to build and which would be stronger? I'm guessing you guys are gonna say Rafale.

But tell me the benefits of the Rafale. Since now 2 brushless motors are in discussion. I like the speed of the F-18, the Rafale is kinda too fast, but If the F-18 is tooooooo hard to build, I might take a Rafale instead.

Please let me know.

Thank You, Martin
Old 01-24-2002, 06:05 AM
DavidR

Martin,

That's better. I can't speak about the F-18, and when I bought my Rafale it was before the all composite kit had been introduced. Mine has balsa sheeted foam wings. Building.....this is a tough question to answer. From youir previous posts I assume that you have never built a model before. There will be some tricky techniques that a lot of us take for granted. (I have personally been building models RC, model railroad, plastics since I was 5 or 6 years old, I am 40 now) so what is easy to me may be like climbing Mount Everest to you. A composite model may be a little easier for you to build straight and true. But the down side is that there will be some techniques involved that are more diffucult with a narrow, or non existant modelling "career". Go to the local club, find a couple of guys that you can get along with, be patient, and ask them for some help, you will probably find that most all of us modellers truly love our hobby, and are happy to share it with others. But......most all of us have spent years developing the skills that we have, and feel insulted when someone comes along thinking they can advance to that skill level without the years it takes to get there.

That.....Martin.....is why most of the guys in this forum are giving you a hard time. Get some help locally ask questions but don't be so damn pushy, You might just develope some friendships, and grow into a hobby that can last you a lifetime.

David Reid
Old 01-24-2002, 06:19 AM
F3D2Q

Default Well Said

Well said, David

Joe
ps. david RU going to Fla.Jets
Old 01-24-2002, 01:57 PM
KillerCut

Well, I do have some building experience too. I have done model airplane and cars, and I have done excellent wood work.

Does the composite model weight more or is the balsa one heavier?

The composite one seems like its already ready to complete attachments, and the balso seems like it needs hours and hours of work. Which would you recommend?

Thanks,
Old 01-24-2002, 02:29 PM
DavidR

Joe,

I would not miss Florida Jets!

Martin,

It is still a tough question to answer. I would have to believe the composite would go together quicker, but it would likely be a little heavier. Again Robert would be the one to ask about this. Mine has not been finished yet.....I will get around to it one of these days but I just can't get overly excited about it. Both of them will have some tricky points that are the same. The ducting in both are identical, and in the one I have this was a real pain in the butt. I had a hard time getting a really good fit at the inlets. With any DF airplane, and I am sure especially an electric inlet shaping is critical to performance. Anyway I think personally if I was going electric, I would be looking for the lightest possible airframe.
Old 01-24-2002, 03:01 PM
KillerCut

So the balsa is lighter. So I should get the F-18 with Mini Fan 480 and an Astro 05 brushless? Does that sound good?
Old 01-24-2002, 03:42 PM
DavidR

Ask Robert he would be the best one to advise you on the best motor/fan/airframe combination. Otherwise....just gamble and choose what you think is best. Like the Nike commercial says......JUST DO IT!
Old 01-24-2002, 03:43 PM
KillerCut

Okay Fine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.