Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jetlegend T45

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jetlegend T45

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 02:26 PM
jeff sewell
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jetlegend T45

To be honest I don't understand what the fuss is about.

If this model is bought in Europe it would be considerably more expensive.

You will get 'value-added' services from Tam that you won't get from the factory - that's why JL appointed reps!

Old 05-12-2006, 02:29 PM
meps
My Feedback: (10)

IT IS AVAILABLE FROM JL NOW. I CHECKED THEIR WEBSITE. I'M NOT SUGGESTING THAT WE SHOULD NOT SUPPORT TAM. I'M JUST SAYING THAT I DON'T SEE WHY THERE'S A $315.00 INCREASE IN PRICE ESPECIALLY WHEN TAM'S VERSION DOESN'T COME WITH A TAILPIPE. FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND, JL TAILPIPES WORK FINE.I'M TALKING ABOUT THE KIT VERSION WHICH BASICALLY LOOKS LIKE AN ARF TO ME. THE TYPE OF SUPPORT FROM TAM I'M REFERRING TO IS THE SALE OF HIS INSTRUCTION MANUALS. SOMEONE CAN BUY THE KIT FROM JL AND BUY THE INSTRUCTION MANUALS FROM TAM AS WELL AS OTHER ITEMS FOR THE AIRPLANE.
I'VE NEVER DEALT WITH TAM EXCEPT FOR A COUPLE OF EMAILS INQUIRING ABOUT WHAT CAME WITH HIS JL T-45 AND NEVER HEARD BACK FROM HIM. THAT'S BEEN MONTHS AGO. SO, IF HIS SUPPORT IS ANYTHING LIKE HIS REPLIES TO HIS EMAILS, THEN HIS SUPPORT IS USELESS ANYWAY.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:40 PM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: meps
SOMEONE CAN BUY THE KIT FROM JL AND BUY THE INSTRUCTION MANUALS FROM TAM AS WELL AS OTHER ITEMS FOR THE AIRPLANE.
Wrong.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:41 PM
Jet Lag
My Feedback: (26)

I'll have to agree with Terry and Doc.Buy a JL T-45 kit and good luck gluing the formers in and setting the plane up without a proper instruction manual.I intend to purchase a T-45 and it will be from Tams Jets.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:43 PM
DocYates
My Feedback: (102)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe I was wrong, Tam should sell you an instruction manual.....for $315. I am sure he will be able to help you out, he would probably even pay for the stamp.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:47 PM
DocYates

Also I think Tam is selling the ARF version not the kit, therefore, it is only about half the amount in difference in what you are talking about. I was told by Tam the projected cost of the go fly package "in neighborhood of $1600 with wheels, brakes and pipe", sorry my Tamglish is weak. JL offers the gear for $580, the ARF for around $900 with pipe and then $150 shipping. There cannot be much difference in the two packages, plus Tam's guys will go thru them upon arival and make sure you have everything you need. I don't work for Tam, but I do business with him, and that is the kind of service one would expect.
Tommy
Old 05-12-2006, 03:01 PM
meps

IF THE GO FLY PRICE FOR THE ARF IS TRUE THEN THAT'S NOT A BAD DEAL. AS FAR AS GLUING THE FORMERS IN RIGHT WITHOUT A MANUAL, THAT'S NOT TOO HARD TO DO. I WAS MODELING DURING THE ERA WHEN YOU HAD TO ACTUALLY BUILD YOUR KIT AND THE INSTRUCTIONS WEREN'T WORTH A DARN ANYWAY.MAYBE YOU GUYS HAVE HAD LUCK WITH GETTING RESPONSES FROM TAM. I SURELY HAVEN'T.
Old 05-12-2006, 03:14 PM
tamjets
My Feedback: (2)

Meps,
As this point I have no final detail information what kind of hardwares will be include in the kit. If the hardwares was not up my standard. I'll have to include my hardware package for the kits I sold. So there is some price adjustment from JL.
Instruction manual and support it the most expensive cost after the kit sold. Imagine I on the phone and email with customs full time. What you think it cost our company a year?

I'm not sure $315 is different from than JL.
Even it does cost that much different. There must be a benefit behide it. But I don't think is cost that much after making the purchase.
That include shipping and transaction cost.

Now let me give you some information what is the advantage buy from us.

Tamjets expect this kit and have it on container to ship here.
So every kit go thru quality control before ship to customers from our facility.
We accept major credit card.
We insure the shipping if something happen.
We have returnable policy.

Bottom line is.
Doesn't matter where you buy it from. It is a great airplane.
If you don't want our instruction manual and support from us to save some money. That is fine.

Wish you the best and enjoy your T-45.
You go love that plane.

IT IS AVAILABLE FROM JL NOW. I CHECKED THEIR WEBSITE. I'M NOT SUGGESTING THAT WE SHOULD NOT SUPPORT TAM. I'M JUST SAYING THAT I DON'T SEE WHY THERE'S A $315.00 INCREASE IN PRICE ESPECIALLY WHEN TAM'S VERSION DOESN'T COME WITH A TAILPIPE. FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND, JL TAILPIPES WORK FINE.I'M TALKING ABOUT THE KIT VERSION WHICH BASICALLY LOOKS LIKE AN ARF TO ME. THE TYPE OF SUPPORT FROM TAM I'M REFERRING TO IS THE SALE OF HIS INSTRUCTION MANUALS. SOMEONE CAN BUY THE KIT FROM JL AND BUY THE INSTRUCTION MANUALS FROM TAM AS WELL AS OTHER ITEMS FOR THE AIRPLANE.
I'VE NEVER DEALT WITH TAM EXCEPT FOR A COUPLE OF EMAILS INQUIRING ABOUT WHAT CAME WITH HIS JL T-45 AND NEVER HEARD BACK FROM HIM. THAT'S BEEN MONTHS AGO. SO, IF HIS SUPPORT IS ANYTHING LIKE HIS REPLIES TO HIS EMAILS, THEN HIS SUPPORT IS USELESS ANYWAY.
Old 05-12-2006, 03:17 PM
DocYates

Meps,
Pick up the phone and give him a call, unless he is out of the country I have never had a hard time speaking to him. Very friendly, but talk very fast....LOL. Plus he has got some good guys working for him and with him to promote his products. they are always available to answer your questions. I think you would be a very satisfied customer.
Tommy
Old 05-12-2006, 03:46 PM
meps

I'll think I'll give them a try. I just wanted to get a simple response to emails that I had sent. I had heard that Tam was a very nice guy and pleasing to deal with but that was hear-say. Experience is the best teacher and up until his post a few minutes ago, I had only experienced not being able to get replies. I understand that you can't run a business and stay on the phone or computer all day. Tam. look to hear from me very soon. Thanks for answering my question.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:36 PM
Dave Presta
My Feedback: (3)

meps,
Also realize that since this product is not released from JetLegend yet, there are still some unanswered questions that Tam is waiting for prior to relaying that information to his customers. Im sure he read your email and put it in a folder to respond when he gets clarification from the factory. He is traveling to China this Sunday (Yep Mothers day), just so he can get all the details ironed out on the product line, and in return answer all of his customer's questions.
Thank you for being patient, I assure you that you will be treated with the same urgency as all the happy TamJets customers. If you do not hear a response quick enough because of Tams busy schedule, please feel free to contact myself or Kenny Falconer at any time. Kenny and I are TamJet reps, so please use us as needed.
My Home phone number is 831-630-3193, call me anytime before 9pm California time and I will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Best Regards,
Dave Presta
Old 05-12-2006, 05:57 PM
UPUPnAWAY

[quote]ORIGINAL: strawboss

I hope you all understand where Tam is coming from. He has been asked by JetLegend to build the prototypes at his own expense, use all of his own supplies, and pay his builders USA labor prices (more then most people make who have their own parking space), re-engineer any abnormalities, test fly (TamJets test flying requires much more trips to the flying field then China flights), figure out and make any CG/control throw/landing gear positioning adjustments, write an instruction manual

We at TamJets are not concerned with what the factory decides to do with the JetLegend products, if they want to sell direct only that is just fine by us, but if they are going to distribute to the United States through TamJets you can be rest assured that we will support the product like it was our own. However, this does not work if we have to compete with the factory pricing.
When Tam returns from China, most likely everyone in the US ordering a JetLegend product will be ordering through Tam.....until then, if you have support questions about the JetLegend products, you must ask the person who sold it to you.
They are great products, and we would be proud to sell/support them here in the US.

Dave

I would like to ask TAM a question . Could he please clarify that although i could get through the build without any real problems will he be releasing a figure for the CG for the model .
Old 05-12-2006, 06:43 PM
tamjets

I would like to ask TAM a question . Could he please clarify that although i could get through the build without any real problems will he be releasing a figure for the CG for the model .
[/quote]

JL should give you the C.G. when you purchase the kit.
I can't give you the exact C.G. right now. Since the last time we flew. It tail heavy. So need to do more flying to get the exact C.G. for the instruction manual.
Once that information is available. I'll address to JL to recomending the C.G. for customers bought direct from them.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:05 PM
cactusflyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Meps,

You should try e-mailing somebody like......oh I don't know.........SONY, Ya let's use SONY and tell them that you are planning on being a SONY camcorder while you are in Japan (that's the only way to get one here that isn't sold by Sony USA) and ask them for a free manual or about their product support......And their margins are far greater than Tam's

If you think that $315 is too much...don't buy one from Tam. And don't expect or his people to spend any more time with you than the folks at SONY would. I have one of his F16s. Tam wouldn't take my credit card number until he had the airplane in hand and was ready to ship. No deposits no ,vague promises, no buffoonery. The support has been unparalleled...................

Tailwinds,

John
Old 05-13-2006, 02:28 AM
tamjets

O.K.
I just spent few hours update JL T-45 on my sight. Hope this information is accurate enough. Un less JL have something else need to be address with their kit.
For those comfuse about the price different. Please read what extra package Tamjets included with the kit purchase.
We not selling kit more expensive than JL. We just offer more complete kit with accessories.

I'll do some kits QC while I'm in china. If anyone like to have kit air shipping. Please email me.
Old 05-13-2006, 02:30 AM
mugenkidd
My Feedback: (94)

Looking at the site, the pricing does seem pretty fair. The $1095 includes all of the extra goodies listed like UAT and Pipe and I'm guessing that once its in stock shipping will not be $150.
Old 05-13-2006, 02:56 AM
tamjets

Yes,
Once the kit arrive. We charge standard UPS ground for shipping.

ORIGINAL: mugenkidd

Looking at the site, the pricing does seem pretty fair. The $1095 includes all of the extra goodies listed like UAT and Pipe and I'm guessing that once its in stock shipping will not be $150.
Old 05-13-2006, 03:36 AM
digitech

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

IF THE GO FLY PRICE FOR THE ARF IS TRUE THEN THAT'S NOT A BAD DEAL. AS FAR AS GLUING THE FORMERS IN RIGHT WITHOUT A MANUAL, THAT'S NOT TOO HARD TO DO. I WAS MODELING DURING THE ERA WHEN YOU HAD TO ACTUALLY BUILD YOUR KIT AND THE INSTRUCTIONS WEREN'T WORTH A DARN ANYWAY.MAYBE YOU GUYS HAVE HAD LUCK WITH GETTING RESPONSES FROM TAM. I SURELY HAVEN'T.

we are not all as good as you , neather we have time so that why they invented the arf.........
however the next time you go shopping buy also a new keyboard
since your shout button hangs :CAPS LOCK
Old 05-13-2006, 09:09 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Posted in wrong thread, sorry...
Old 05-15-2006, 10:19 AM
meps

I'll have to consider buying a new keyboard as well as buying a dictionary for you so that you can spell easy words like 'neither.' LOL
Old 05-15-2006, 12:29 PM
JLSE

HI John,

What servo did you put in the elevator and the rest of the t-45?

I am waiting for one t-45 and in the meantime I would like to order servos.

Jose.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:47 PM
silentrunning

Hello
Today, i have to receive my T 45 ARTF "full option" , carying by DHL.
Only one word to say: Incredible!!! Beautiful work!!!!!
Very good packaging. The gear /strut/brake is incredible, the elevator system is incredible.
Fabulous kit and great ratio plane/money
Regards
Stéphane
Old 05-15-2006, 01:11 PM
JLSE

Congratulations Stéphane.

Mine is actually in france (Paris) has to get to Spain, can´t wait to see it.

What turbine do you want to put in?

Old 05-15-2006, 04:06 PM
silentrunning

i think to use a jetcat P80 and MPX servos and radio (probably 1 MPX POWER MCV2 on the stabilisator).
It's a big plane! Big volume for the fuselage, on the JETLEGEND's website, he look like more small.
i repeat, beautiful model
And the tail pipe.....lovely work!!!
Today , i am on the little clouds
Regards
Stéphane
Old 05-23-2006, 03:47 AM
JLSE

I Have also recieved my T-45 one word: EXCELENT.

Robust and well finished, I have calculated that the dry weight with all servos and lipos will be 7kg.

I will change tank for a 1.5 litre one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.