Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jetlegend T45

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jetlegend T45

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 11:50 AM
john agnew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Jetlegend T45

The horizontal stabiliser setup on the T45 looks to be nicely engineered from the latest shots on their website.

The universal joint should be very smooth in operation.

John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43960.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	459266  
Old 05-10-2006, 11:55 AM
tamjets
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jetlegend T45

John,
Yes. It very nice elevator system. It only require 1 servo to do the job. Rock solid control system.
ORIGINAL: john agnew

The horizontal stabiliser setup on the T45 looks to be nicely engineered from the latest shots on their website.

The universal joint should be very smooth in operation.

John
Old 05-10-2006, 12:13 PM
DocYates
My Feedback: (102)

That is one sweet looking piece of engineering. Very nice work. Tam, I see what you were talking about. One servo would be more than adequate in a mechanism such as this. This should be a very nice airplane.
Tommy
Old 05-10-2006, 12:15 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have heard that a lot of their "coming soon" delays lately have been due to stuff like this...major re-engineering of stuff to make it nicer. New stab mechanisms, new tooling for the F-15 with a different nose and such, titanium wing rods, all sorts of things.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:16 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

I have heard that a lot of their "coming soon" delays lately have been due to stuff like this...major re-engineering of stuff to make it nicer. New stab mechanisms, new tooling for the F-15 with a different nose and such, titanium wing rods, all sorts of things.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:40 PM
tamjets

Here is the orginal proto type we test flew.
Tamjets and JL product been delay due to machinery tooling. We have too make everything and tested before going to production.
I just spoke the factory lastnight. They just got the T-45 landing gear done. So the plane is almost ready for marketing. I get couple kit back here to do PR and instruction manual.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pm35001.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	197.9 KB
ID:	459317  
Old 05-10-2006, 12:45 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

Seems to me they have pretty much re-tooled the entire line.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:53 PM
Dave Presta
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: EASYTIGER

I/We cannot speak of the F-15/F-18/Grippen, because we have not seen that kit nor do we have any involvement. However, all the new kits JetLegend has developed since then have been very much improved not only in the fiberglass work, but engineering systems as well. Tam has spent so much time over there working with them, its really starting to show in our kits and new prototype's. I would recommend a JetLegend kit to anyone who is thinking about it, for all of the reasons I just mentioned, plus the planes are sent to us for flight testing. They have been very receptive to Tam's input, and its really starting to pay off for all of us.

By the way.....the T-45 is a great little plane to fly. Im not going to say its my "Favorite" because then I will never hear the end of it from NONY!!!!

Old 05-10-2006, 12:56 PM
DocYates

Strawboss,
Do you know off hand about what scale the T45 and A-4 are? Also, how close to scale outline are the planes? From the pics I have seen of the A4, it has some very nice scale features. Hopefully it will be a good base to build on.
Tommy
Old 05-10-2006, 01:00 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

ORIGINAL: strawboss

ORIGINAL: EASYTIGER

I/We cannot speak of the F-15/F-18/Grippen, because we have not seen that kit nor do we have any involvement. However, all the new kits JetLegend has developed since then have been very much improved not only in the fiberglass work, but engineering systems as well. Tam has spent so much time over there working with them, its really starting to show in our kits and new prototype's. I would recommend a JetLegend kit to anyone who is thinking about it, for all of the reasons I just mentioned, plus the planes are sent to us for flight testing. They have been very receptive to Tam's input, and its really starting to pay off for all of us.

By the way.....the T-45 is a great little plane to fly. Im not going to say its my "Favorite" because then I will never hear the end of it from NONY!!!!

I have heard the others, or at least the F-15, have been completely retooled, too.
I'd say they are quite serious about product development, and (I hate to say!) they HAVE benefitted from having a flight crew, even if it IS just a bunch of Kalifornians, to seriously test the stuff.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:41 PM
Dave Presta

ORIGINAL: DocYates

Strawboss,
Do you know off hand about what scale the T45 and A-4 are? Also, how close to scale outline are the planes? From the pics I have seen of the A4, it has some very nice scale features. Hopefully it will be a good base to build on.
Tommy
Tommy, Sorry bud....gonna have to talk to the midget. I dont know much about that kind of stuff.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:13 PM
mugenkidd
My Feedback: (94)

On the T-45 do we have an idea of what "may" be included for the $995 ? Is there gonna be at least a pipe and fuel tanks like on the rest of the JL kits?
Old 05-10-2006, 09:30 PM
tamjets

More information be update once we final with part that JL includes.
Our price doesn't include pipe. But do include our accessory, instruction manual and support.

ORIGINAL: mugenkidd

On the T-45 do we have an idea of what "may" be included for the $995 ? Is there gonna be at least a pipe and fuel tanks like on the rest of the JL kits?
Old 05-10-2006, 11:52 PM
mugenkidd
My Feedback: (94)

So without the JL pipe does that mean that the Tam T-45 is going to cost more than buying direct from JL?
Old 05-11-2006, 06:40 AM
JLSE

Hi Tam, I have a JL T45 and a F18 on the way to Spain, could you please show us all some more pics, maybe videos and details of the T45?

Best Regards and happy flyin.

Old 05-11-2006, 11:41 AM
tamjets

Sorry,
JL have not discuss with us about supporting the products.
To be fair. If the kit sold by us. We include our instruction manual, support and hardwares that needed to complete the kit.
Yes. It cost little more.
If some one don't want to pay little more to buy from us. We have no problem with that.
But don't come us for free supporting.
Hope that will answer why you pay more.

ORIGINAL: JLSE

Hi Tam, I have a JL T45 and a F18 on the way to Spain, could you please show us all some more pics, maybe videos and details of the T45?

Best Regards and happy flyin.

Old 05-11-2006, 12:12 PM
JLSE

Hi Tam, just asking for a few pics or aditional info, nothing specially more.

All the best.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:57 PM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

JLSE,
I think Tam meant to reply to the post before yours.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:39 PM
tamjets

Thanks you Dave
Oops. Is Mark I meant.
ORIGINAL: causeitflies-RCU

JLSE,
I think Tam meant to reply to the post before yours.
Old 05-12-2006, 03:44 AM
JLSE

That´s Fine no problem at all, just waiting to fly the great looking t45.

By the way the elevator setup looks fantanstic, one servo only, perfect for saving weight and less problems.

Old 05-12-2006, 04:12 AM
jeff sewell
My Feedback: (1)

Actually the picture doesn't do it justice - as with the model. It is a really nice bit of engineering and very well thought-out too.

Jeff
Old 05-12-2006, 09:41 AM
Dave Presta

I hope you all understand where Tam is coming from. He has been asked by JetLegend to build the prototypes at his own expense, use all of his own supplies, and pay his builders USA labor prices (more then most people make who have their own parking space), re-engineer any abnormalities, test fly (TamJets test flying requires much more trips to the flying field then China flights), figure out and make any CG/control throw/landing gear positioning adjustments, write an instruction manual, promote the products...........all this without giving him a contract stating that TamJets will have exclusive rights to sell JetLegend products in the United States. So the writing on the wall is that most customers will order from China to save a few hundred $$$, and then bombard Tam's shop with phone calls for support because, you didnt get a detailed instruction manual when you ordered direct from the factory.
This may or may not be the case, and will be solidified on Tams next trip to China. But a good rule of thumb is to ask questions and support from whom you purchased your product from. If you are not comfortable doing that, or know your not going to get the correct support..........maybe you should purchase from someone else.
We at TamJets are not concerned with what the factory decides to do with the JetLegend products, if they want to sell direct only that is just fine by us, but if they are going to distribute to the United States through TamJets you can be rest assured that we will support the product like it was our own. However, this does not work if we have to compete with the factory pricing.
When Tam returns from China, most likely everyone in the US ordering a JetLegend product will be ordering through Tam.....until then, if you have support questions about the JetLegend products, you must ask the person who sold it to you.
They are great products, and we would be proud to sell/support them here in the US.

Dave
Old 05-12-2006, 01:34 PM
meps
My Feedback: (10)

WHO CARES WHO WE CHOOSE TO BUY OUR JETS FROM. THAT'S JUST LIKE BUYING A CAR FROM ONE DEALERSHIP AND BREAKING DOWN NEAR ANOTHER DEALERSHIP AND BEING REFUSED SERVICE. I GATHER FROM YOUR POST THAT THE ONLY THING TAM DID WAS WRITE A DETAILED INSTRUCTION MANUAL. THAT SURELY ISN'T WORTH THE EXTRA MONEY HE HAS TACKED ON TO THE PRICE OF THE KIT! HE DOESN'T EVEN INCLUDE THE TAILPIPE WITH HIS KIT.
Old 05-12-2006, 01:40 PM
Terry Holston
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: meps

WHO CARES WHO WE CHOOSE TO BUY OUR JETS FROM. THAT'S JUST LIKE BUYING A CAR FROM ONE DEALERSHIP AND BREAKING DOWN NEAR ANOTHER DEALERSHIP AND BEING REFUSED SERVICE. I GATHER FROM YOUR POST THAT THE ONLY THING TAM DID WAS WRITE A DETAILED INSTRUCTION MANUAL. THAT SURELY ISN'T WORTH THE EXTRA MONEY HE HAS TACKED ON TO THE PRICE OF THE KIT! HE DOESN'T EVEN INCLUDE THE TAILPIPE WITH HIS KIT.

Sorry,meps, Your analogy is flawed. All those Auto dealerships are supported by the Auto factory. They are NOT competing with the factorys wholesale prices, as Tam may be doing.
Old 05-12-2006, 01:54 PM
DocYates

Have to agree with Terry there, why should someone like Tam who runs a very good business with an excellent history of customer service after the sale, be expected to provide service for a customer who chose to buy outside his business? From what I have seen Tam goes a long way to make sure his products are flight worthy and tested, and tries to not sell anything that he has not tested. From this board we have seen how much he has invested in his business, I mean come on, traveling back and forth to the overseas supplier does not come cheap, not to the mention the time he spends away from his family.
It is pretty ballsy to expect service from someone who you have not done business with. Do you think Jet Cat services engines which you purchase from an overseas supplier? Don't think so, and I doubt many of these companies would. My guess is sooner or later you will not be able to buy direct from these companies as they will catch on to being able to provide a good quality product and keep the business rather than making a short term profit.
Besides, the price of the T-45 is estimated to be only around $1600 complete with everything including gear, that could not be much more than the JL price, and last time I checked it still wasn't available from them.
Give TamJets a break, a company cannot operate like that, and we shouldn't expect them to and remain in business for very long.
Tommy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.