Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Merlin 160 ------- WOW!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Merlin 160 ------- WOW!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 03:23 PM
grbaker
My Feedback: (29)

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Merlin 160 ------- WOW!!!

After lots of internet research I decided to get a Jets Munt Merlin 160 from Todd @ DreamWorks for my Eurosport. This Eurosport is a couple of years old and was flown on a P120 and then a Titan. I installed the Merlin in the Euro with a thrust augmenting tailpipe, same design as the Wren pipes but scaled up for the Merlin.

I got a chance to put 4 flights on it Saturday and all I can say is WOW! The throttle reponse is unbelievably fast and the power is unsurpassed in a KJ66 sized turbine. I fly off of a rough 600' grass runway and the extra power of the Merlin is sure a welcome sight on take off.

Todd has been fantastic to deal with and his support with some "operator induced" issues was extremely quick and painless. Thanks Todd!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43193.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	206.1 KB
ID:	465147  
Old 05-22-2006, 04:03 PM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Merlin 160 ------- WOW!!!

Gary, been flying two of them with no issues for quite some time. I had the same initial operator induced errors probably, these engines really do put out like no other I have seen in this size. Glad you are liking it, I love the two i have. The one in my 24 lb rookie is quite the sight for sure.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:20 PM
grbaker
My Feedback: (29)

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Hey Sean

I knew you were fond of your Merlins.

I finally got around to starting on that YA F-15 kit that I got from you. The Titan that came out of my Euro will go in it when it's done. I'm about a 1/3 of the way into it. Sure is a nice kit! Thanks!
Old 05-22-2006, 04:29 PM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: grbaker

Hey Sean

I knew you were fond of your Merlins.

Now you know why

Glad you are liking the 15, too much work for where I am at now, but maybe again someday.

Take care,

Sean