Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

First Ever Fuel Flow Sensor MFlow T ex by Jeti

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

First Ever Fuel Flow Sensor MFlow T ex by Jeti

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 09:25 AM
Jeti USA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Ever Fuel Flow Sensor MFlow T ex by Jeti

Look what just showed up, first ever Fuel Flow Sensor. Made by Jeti, MFlow T is first ever true fuel flow sensor. It will be coming in 2x versions, one for Jets and one for Gas/Glow applications.

For people who do not use Jeti DC/DS-16 radios, you still can take advantage of this sensor. Jeti ProfiBox with MFlow sensor and Jeti R3 transceiver (Receiver) can be used as independent telemetry.

Zb/Esprit Model

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0593c.jpg
Views:	388
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	1941233  
Old 11-22-2013, 09:33 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Thats awesome, I have been wanting fuel flow since I started in jets. The most uneasy feeling I have with flying jets is that constant fuel worry LOL
Old 11-22-2013, 11:46 AM
stevekott

Sweet product. Great Innovation. Obviously Jeti is tuned in to what the eccentric jet guys are looking for.

I love my 18mz ... but ... I could see lugging up an additional RX and the shirt pocket box to get real fuel monitoring.

When will this be available?

Steve
Old 11-22-2013, 11:54 AM
bluescoobydoo

how much time do you spend looking at your tx while flying? what is the point of knowing how much fuel you are using just before it hits the ground because you were looking at useless info
Old 11-22-2013, 12:12 PM
rcjets_63
My Feedback: (4)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't spend any time looking at my Tx while flying. I fly with a Jeti DC-16 which has voice output of telemetry, alarms, and even switch positions.

The spotter/caller can also use a JetiBox Profli if desired. It gives the telemetry of up to 20 items of data (in addition to the data displayed/voiced by the transmitter.

Regards,

jim
Old 11-22-2013, 01:03 PM
highhorse
My Feedback: (2)

Received 93 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by bluescoobydoo
how much time do you spend looking at your tx while flying? what is the point of knowing how much fuel you are using just before it hits the ground because you were looking at useless info
The info isn't pointless, but perhaps your unfounded and sharply worded post was.

Jeti isnt stupid and neither are those who buy their products. A friend of mine has the Jeti and his telemetry is just unreal. Voice prompts for just about any threshold you can think of, including battery life. The new fuel flow sensor will enable a fuel remaining warning at whatever level you desire.

So you see, this and similar products actually enhance safety because they eliminate guessing about critical values.

Don. .
Old 11-22-2013, 01:25 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by bluescoobydoo
well the new high dollar radios all have audio and vibrations that can be set to predetermined voltages, airspeed and fuel. Plus at events you have a spotter for radio call outs.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:42 PM
tulz161

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not to mention you don't have to fly using a timer with this. Same goes with electric setups and mah used.
Old 11-23-2013, 09:27 AM
Jeti USA

The setup is very simple. Just set your Alarm for let's say 4000ml and have system give you voice/sound information when you need it.
You can also assign custom Voice announcement "Tank 30% left" to any level you desire.

Also with "Live" monitoring of fuel consumption, many people are surprised how small change in they throttle management can effect fuel consumption. I have noticed that going from 70-90% of the power had almost NO effect on speed, but fuel consumption went up by 50%.

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 11-23-2013, 05:06 PM
bluelevel
My Feedback: (39)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

When will it be available?
Old 11-23-2013, 05:32 PM
hotspot 01

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Great product very useful in a busy environment when precise fuel management could make a smoother running event.
Old 11-23-2013, 07:51 PM
sysiek
My Feedback: (176)

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

And the price is?
Old 11-24-2013, 08:27 AM
rcjets_63

Yesterday I attended the 25th Anniversary Arizona Jet Rally (many thanks to CD Bob Ruff and the Mesa club for a great event) and tested the MUI-30 that I installed between the ECU and fuel pump of my Reaction. The plane has a 3.8 liter (128 oz) fuel tank and a JetCat P160SX. The timer is set for 7 minutes (gear up to gear down). Typically there is about 30 oz left after a flight but, if I've had a bit of a "lead foot" during a flight there isn't much fuel left so I've been hesitant to change the timer.

The first two flights, I used the timer and put in "normal" flights with a wide range of throttle settings. There was about 30 oz left and the telemetry said the fuel pump had consumed 350 mAh and 352 mAh. For the next flight, I set an alarm ("Bingo Fuel") at 400 mAh as a signal to land and ignored the timer. After taxiing back to the pits, the pump had consumed 419 mAh and there was about a 1/2" of fuel (~15 oz) left in the tank. This seemed a bit too little for comfort so I changed the alarm to 380 mAh which I figured should leave about 3/4" of fuel left in the tank at the end of the flight.

The fourth flight was flown with extended periods of low-mid throttle settings. At about 9 minutes, the 380 mAh alarm sounded, I dropped the gear and landed. The fifth flight had extended periods of full throttle and the 380 mAh alarm sounded at about 6 minutes. After both flights, there was about 3/4" of fuel left in the tank.

I also had set up an alarm to play a wav file saying "Flameout Flameout Flameout" if the fuel pump amperage dropped below 0.1 Amps. I've seen lots of cases, particularly at busy events when you can't hear your engine, where it has taken a pilot 5-10 seconds to realize he has flamed out and was barely able (or unable) to make it back to the runway. Fortunately, the flameout alarm was unused yesterday though I'm sure I may hear it sometime in the future and it perhaps will make the difference between bringing the plane home in one piece versus in a garbage bag.

Indeed, yesterday another pilot ran his tank dry in flight. Fortunately the plane was close and he heard the engine stop and was able to make it back to the runway. Lucky...this time.

I'm extremely pleased with the performance of the MUI-30 used in this application. It costs only $38, gives an accurate reading of fuel state, an alarm if the turbine should flameout, and monitering of the ECU battery voltage. That's a lot of added safety for a very low price.

Regards,

Jim

Last edited by rcjets_63; 11-24-2013 at 10:37 AM.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:00 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Cool stuff. The more telemetry we get the better off we are to protect our investments. I like it!
Old 11-24-2013, 01:52 PM
ZB

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sysiek
And the price is?
We should know next week, but it might be somewhere $75 - $125.00
Old 11-24-2013, 02:59 PM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

This is not a first. Fuel flow for Multiplex has been available since January 2011
http://www.hobbytronic.dk/gaspar.html
Old 11-25-2013, 12:12 AM
jetster81

Originally Posted by HarryC
This is not a first. Fuel flow for Multiplex has been available since January 2011
http://www.hobbytronic.dk/gaspar.html
Take a look also at cb-elektronics.de they have an ECU based system
Old 11-25-2013, 09:20 AM
Jeti USA

Originally Posted by xfgngfnjian
When will this be available?

Early in January.

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 11-25-2013, 04:03 PM
edgeflyer
My Feedback: (15)

I thought the voice telemetry was awesome when it first came out, and even wanted a Jeti because of it. Then I flew next to a guy who had it and I landed cause it was just too much and ruined my flight experience. I think hearing your stuff is fun, but its like having a neighbor that plays his bass way too loud. I hope people who use these become conscious of this and use earphones if possible. my .02
Old 11-25-2013, 04:20 PM
ZB

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You know you can assign the voice activation to the Switch or Accelerometers, touch the switch or tilt radio and you will hear the voice/music.....or whatever you like.
There is also option of setting up alarm, only if preset condition is met the voice is activated.

I have set up mine on 3- position spring loaded switch, UP telemetry, Down timer voice.

Zb/ Jeti USA
Old 11-25-2013, 04:37 PM
edgeflyer

Prompts every minute or so wouldn't bother me, but this radio sounded like a broken record. It was giving altitude every 10 seconds or so. I hope the bad first experience hasn't ruined me. Like I said I hope people can just be aware that as cool as it is, the guy next to you wants to fly his own airplane.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:03 PM
Jeti USA

Check the video, it can explain how it works:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpStWz7VwiY

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 11-25-2013, 08:03 PM
rcjets_63

Originally Posted by edgeflyer
I thought the voice telemetry was awesome when it first came out, and even wanted a Jeti because of it. Then I flew next to a guy who had it and I landed cause it was just too much and ruined my flight experience. I think hearing your stuff is fun, but its like having a neighbor that plays his bass way too loud. I hope people who use these become conscious of this and use earphones if possible. my .02
I found that the voice was a bit hard to hear when the flight-line was busy so I'll be using an earphone. Most of the time I have the telemetry voice output turned off though the alarms are still on.

However by activating the "Auto-Judge" feature (available on firmware revision 4.1.14), when ever the GPS telemetry indicates the maneuver was at least an 9.5 out of 10 the earplugs are bypassed and a wav file is played over the speaker saying "Awesome maneuver, way to fly!" This is useful to let your buddies know just how great a job you are doing.

Regards,

Jim

P.S.: Just kidding (if you hadn't figured that out from the firmware revision/date)

Last edited by rcjets_63; 11-25-2013 at 08:05 PM.
Old 11-26-2013, 03:00 AM
Downwind3Zero
My Feedback: (10)

Auto Judge - hilarious
Chris
Old 11-26-2013, 06:01 AM
edgeflyer

However by activating the "Auto-Judge" feature (available on firmware revision 4.1.14), when ever the GPS telemetry indicates the maneuver was at least an 9.5 out of 10 the earplugs are bypassed and a wav file is played over the speaker saying "Awesome maneuver, way to fly!" This is useful to let your buddies know just how great a job you are doing.
HaHa!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.