Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Fibre Classics EuroSport wing explodes

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Fibre Classics EuroSport wing explodes

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 07:47 PM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fibre Classics EuroSport wing explodes

Looking good dave! Keep me updated on your progress.

BTW... 576 flights on the Euro before she went into failsafe at FJ

Todd

Old 06-27-2006, 09:10 PM
Kevin Greene
My Feedback: (85)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: rhklenke

Which gear is he waiting on parts for? If its the MM in the Euro, I can see that although I was able to get parts for mine easily enough, they were just not good gear. Also, I was told that I could not get new tires for the MM wheels I got with mine so I changed those as well. I would definately recommend getting the Robarts for the Euro from Dreamworks and probably the Trim Wheels and brakes as well.

I'm hoping that the Behotec (sp?) in the new Flash will be better and easier to get parts for...
Comp ARF sold him the older MM gear--There have been a few changes and the new trunions won't fit the old gear..[:@] Comp Arf owes him a set of gear that works---AND YOU CAN GET SPARES FOR!!!---So how about it Comp ARF---The ball is in your court!!! Are you going to make this right???

Kevin
Old 06-28-2006, 09:07 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

ORIGINAL: Kevin Greene

ORIGINAL: rhklenke

Which gear is he waiting on parts for? If its the MM in the Euro, I can see that although I was able to get parts for mine easily enough, they were just not good gear. Also, I was told that I could not get new tires for the MM wheels I got with mine so I changed those as well. I would definately recommend getting the Robarts for the Euro from Dreamworks and probably the Trim Wheels and brakes as well.

I'm hoping that the Behotec (sp?) in the new Flash will be better and easier to get parts for...
Comp ARF sold him the older MM gear--There have been a few changes and the new trunions won't fit the old gear..[:@] Comp Arf owes him a set of gear that works---AND YOU CAN GET SPARES FOR!!!---So how about it Comp ARF---The ball is in your court!!! Are you going to make this right???

Kevin
Kevin,

Now that I wouldn't hold my breath for - I think he may be stuck if he has the older gear. However, I have a set in which the side frames are bent, but the trunions are OK, and I also have a completely working nose gear. All can be had for the price of shipping. PM me if you're interested.

Unfortunately, I found out about the MM gear after I had already bought mine and I fought them for a full year before I broke down and ate the cost of a new set of Robarts from Todd. Live and learn, I guess, but I'm still doing business with CARF - I have a Flash on order...

Bob
Old 06-28-2006, 11:27 AM
Kevin Greene

Bob---The thing is that this is a NEW plane!!! I'll PM you my address later---THANKS!!!

Kevin
Old 06-28-2006, 04:13 PM
gazza3535

Why if you but an ARTF should you have to start doing mods to it, to stop it from disintergrating in the sky, the words "quality control" spring to mind, along with they don't give a dam as long as they get your hard earned money, i bought a su-27 from Peter in Germany, there was a couple of things that i did not understand in the buliding, but send Peter an email and you have an answer inside 30 mins, its called CUSTOMER SERVICE, its a thing that quite a few model manufactuers seem to have no concept of once they have your money.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:54 PM
BirdofpraY
My Feedback: (31)

ORIGINAL: gazza3535

Why if you but an ARTF should you have to start doing mods to it, to stop it from disintergrating in the sky

The only reason I can think of is "$", creating short cuts keeps costs down in return makes them more money. alot of the new kit manufactures are going to have this same issues due to be a new to kitting ARF's, and as long as I have been in this hobby they all have had simular issues in there time.

Even though they are ARF's, I always use my experince that I have accumulated over the past 25 years to go back and beef up or redesign any faults... Just my rule of thumb...
Old 06-28-2006, 06:51 PM
Kevin Greene

So far I've had a big wheel at Comp ARF contact me but absolutely no commitment to replace the gear with a working set--Here is a chance for them to prove that they have a "pair", be a man and make things right....We're waiting....

I would absolutely love to have a few more of their planes--The P-51 comes to mind----However, I won't buy from a company that won't stand behind something as simple as a bad trunion block...C'mon now!!!!

Kevin
Old 06-28-2006, 07:09 PM
BirdofpraY

Kevin, maybe they will do something for you, at least all you can do is hope they will? I bought a SM BAE Hawk and the wheels and brakes were not worth a darn. The brakes would not even hold, there was so much stress the pistons were pushing the bilateral to the seat that they rest in the brake pads would not tuch the hub. I never got and working pair and I complained, so I just ate it and bought sirria brake setup and all was fine. although 90 bucks out of pocket due to poor manufacture design. I could go on and on, so now I use what I have learned Robart struts, BVM or Interco wheels & brakes , Jr servos, Never again use DURALLITES batteries I will stick with trusty old nicad, these systems have been tested for a long time and they work.

BTW Do you have a Euro that has a tiger paint scheme?
Old 06-28-2006, 08:03 PM
Kevin Greene

ORIGINAL: BirdofpraY

BTW Do you have a Euro that has a tiger paint scheme?
No---But wish that I did!!! That plane is gorgeous!!! I bought an orange Euro--My buddy liked it so much that he bought it from me. He bought a second Euro with the checkerboard/red orange scheme as a backup---This is the plane with the faulty gear--I put Robart gear in mine. I sold my Rookie to the same buddy--He likes it so much that he bought another.(Rookie Version Two) He really has spent waaaaaay too much money with these guys to be put through all of this...The rep he bought his planes from won't even return his calls--Class-less to say the least...If that is such a word...Comp Arf needs to step up and make the wrong right for this guy...

Kevin
Old 06-28-2006, 08:15 PM
BirdofpraY

I thought it was you that bought my Euro that I painted a Tiger scheme, I was wondering if it was still around? the Guy that bought it from me was from Tennessee too. I was just woundering how it was doing if it was still around.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:40 PM
BirdofpraY

Kevin this is the one I was talking about...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb86847.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	484404   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dz80923.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	484405  
Old 07-05-2006, 07:50 AM
Heatseeker_Hill

surely someone connected with the company must have seen this link so why is there no official response. are they just ignoring this as they seem to do with the problems they have
Old 11-06-2007, 04:56 PM
jroth
My Feedback: (60)

Well, it did fly again early this season at Bowling Green KY.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw66374.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	798378