Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

GENERIC SERVOS?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

GENERIC SERVOS?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 09:36 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GENERIC SERVOS?

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Set-x-MG995-Hi...QQcmdZViewItem

Anybody ever try any of them?

Curious.
Old 07-09-2006, 02:19 AM
Jeremy_D

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: GENERIC SERVOS?

I have had first hand experience with these easytiger. My previous employer used to import them into the country. They were ok for cars but not the most reliable servos available, it was not uncommon for them to just die.

cheers

Jeremy
Old 07-11-2006, 08:32 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned

Dying servos, that's bad!

Thanks for the heads-up! Anybody else use them?

Me, I ain't guinea pigging them, I'm just curious.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:03 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

Four of these arrived in my mailbox today. Not sure what to do with them. I think I will burn them in for a few hours and see what happens, then maybe try them on flaps on a jet, or maybe just in a prop plane. Should be interesting.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:11 PM
smokin-gun
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

et the best low end servos are jr-st125 mg. 125 oz at 4.8 vlt metal gear and a standard size. great for big birds and jets that are in the 175 mph and under speed w/good linkage set-up. $36.95 each -horizon.

speaking to you from up on the mountain, gkjr.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:44 PM
XJet
Banned

ORIGINAL: EASYTIGER

Four of these arrived in my mailbox today. Not sure what to do with them. I think I will burn them in for a few hours and see what happens, then maybe try them on flaps on a jet, or maybe just in a prop plane. Should be interesting.
Burn them.. they are the spawn of the devil! :-)

But seriously, don't use them. I purchased 20 of these servos and have reviewed them for my new website (goes live next month).

They are absolutely awful.

As another poster described, they have a high failure rate, but also suffer from an awful lack of damping, feedback pots that wear very quickly and an amplifier that puts a *lot* of noise on your whole system.

I would *not* recommend their use for any kind of aircraft.
Old 11-15-2006, 04:20 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

Gkerr is the TRUE spawn of the Devil!
I have not heard ANYTHING good about these servos so far!

Gkerr...thanks for the tip on those other servos, never heard of those. Bargain.
These towerpro ones, I have no expectations, don't know anything about them, don't expect them to replace $100 servos.

Next month, Gkerr, the Great Kamdax will come down from his mountain with some new V-weapons, and the Purple One will tremble in fear and awe....
Old 11-15-2006, 05:04 PM
afterburner

OOOOhhhhh!!!! Scary stuff. Care to give us anymore info ET? Is it fast? Is it scale? Is it fast and scale?.

Marty
Old 11-15-2006, 05:07 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

I'm not telling anything for FREE.
I'm no longer GIVING AWAY insider information. I get nothing out of it except heartaches and headaches.

So, put five bucks in an envelope, and I will tell you more.

If you are willing to pay Tam $25 for a manual, $5 for insider info nobody else has is a STEAL, no?
Old 11-15-2006, 05:09 PM
Terry Holston
My Feedback: (1)

No!!!!
Old 11-15-2006, 07:37 PM
smokin-gun

BRING IT! between the great purple cloaked one and the mighty turbinac ,none of the weak and undeserving may be a force in the mighty jet wars.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:59 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

The Great Kamdax WILL have his revenge. The citizens of Champlain will crawl from the ruins of their destroyed city and kneel in obesiance to HIM. Ye shall see, and woe betide those who dare mock him!

Anybody know if these servos really ARE digital? They have all metal gears, and are rated at very high power, all good, but when I shake one, while I don't actually hear parts rattling around inside, they don't exactly feel like "quality". They kind of remind me of early Aristocraft/Hitec stuff, or a couple of Phillipine-made standard servos I once got from Futaba included with a two channel boat radio.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:38 PM
smokin-gun

why are you wasting you valuable foamy and article writing time by messing w/that junk. you will never be in the great ones vision by feeding on the bottom all the time. sooner or later someone will have to fly the build articles you are doing and you need at least a servo that can fly it long enough to get a pic. and give you the fame and fortune you seek. .... but remember you will never have the acceptence of the great one and the mighty turbinac , untill you repent from you evil wal-mart ways.

satan jr.[sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 11-15-2006, 09:01 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

ORIGINAL: G.KERR JR.

why are you wasting you valuable foamy and article writing time by messing w/that junk. you will never be in the great ones vision by feeding on the bottom all the time. sooner or later someone will have to fly the build articles you are doing and you need at least a servo that can fly it long enough to get a pic. and give you the fame and fortune you seek. .... but remember you will never have the acceptence of the great one and the mighty turbinac , untill you repent from you evil wal-mart ways.

satan jr.[sm=shades_smile.gif]

Everything goes in phases, you know? Kind of like your penchant for wearing women's underwear, you know? You TRY to control it , but sometimes it just gets the better of you, you can't help yourself. It's the same with me with foamies. No real interest in them right now. I stripped and binned my entire Kamdax fleet, and many others. I'll get the new Kamdax bird, just because I'm curious, but right now, the little ones are not moving me. I did just put together the beautiful little EMI P-38, but after that, no more foamies for a bit. And no all-balsa projects for a bit. All ARF at the moment.