Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

ECU and Transmitter Batteries

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

ECU and Transmitter Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2003, 01:33 AM
Burt-RCU
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECU and Transmitter Batteries

I want to place the ECU and the receiver batteries on top of one another. I wanted to do this to balance the plane and save about 12 oz. of weight. The question is, will you get any signals off of the ecu battery or feedback that will be picked up by the receiver battery and passed on to the receiver. The pump is a good distance from the receiver.
Burt
Old 01-02-2003, 01:51 AM
Silver182
My Feedback: (2)

Default Re: ECU and Transmitter Batteries

Originally posted by Burt
I want to place the ECU and the receiver batteries on top of one another. I wanted to do this to balance the plane and save about 12 oz. of weight. The question is, will you get any signals off of the ecu battery or feedback that will be picked up by the receiver battery and passed on to the receiver. The pump is a good distance from the receiver.
Burt
The only way to know for sure is to do a range check with the batteries together and separate. If you take the time to do good range checks either way you will know what effect stacking the Receiver and ECU batteries will have. Of course when you do the checks do not change anything other than the battery location. My guess if you are using a Jet Cat turbine with 4.0 ECU software or later, you will not be able to measure any difference.

Let us know what you find out -------
Lee -----
Old 01-02-2003, 02:06 AM
B777

I have been flying my F15 with J600 and TEMS in that configuration for sometimes now...good range check, no problem.

Just do the range check to be sure....with turbine running, of course.

B777
Old 01-02-2003, 03:19 AM
DavidR
My Feedback: (1)

Burt,

My Bobcat, and Phanotm are both set up with the batteries on top of each other with no detrimental effect.

DR
Old 01-02-2003, 03:48 AM
jetjockey
My Feedback: (8)

My Bobcat is set up that way with no problems. Recr battery is a JR 1800 Mah, and the engine is a JetCat 120 with the standard ECU batteries that came with it. No range problems or operational problems so far, but do check the range just to be safe.

Regards, Les