Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Nitro models pusher Bobcat?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Nitro models pusher Bobcat?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 03:19 AM
i3dm
My Feedback: (51)

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Default RE: Nitro models pusher Bobcat?

Well why not be a mad man and get a Jett .60 with reversed crank ? you could use any standard prop you like !!
Old 12-22-2006, 04:29 AM
goliath2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

one thing I am sertian about if bod violet wasnt so GREEDY with his prices id have bought ten planes from him now and I know of atleast 20 at my cliub that would have bought one or more also BVM planes , jets,electric ducted fans etc are awsome quality but way way way over priced sorry bob no offence but your not useing good bussness sence here sell more for less then every one will give you money 1100 dollars canadian fopr a ELECTRIC FAN UNIT come on
Old 12-22-2006, 07:44 AM
CrashPro
My Feedback: (1)

hmm,...ordered a couple Bobcats on the 20th,...got order confirmation and UPS tracking number, and today, (22nd),..got email from Nitro Planes saying my order was canceled. I can only assume its because they're sold out again?...Rats...I want my Bobcats!!!
Old 12-22-2006, 01:38 PM
obie1
My Feedback: (76)

Try http://raidentech.com/bojet5051arf.html. Their website shows they still have in stock. I ordered mine two week ago and received it
in 4 days. I am putting a Tower .61 with APC 11x7 pusher. Should be nice flyer. Also using a Hayes whip antenna. I will post some pictures after x-mas of my project.
Rich O.
Old 12-22-2006, 05:59 PM
timevac

Obie1
A tower 61 is 23.8 oz and a os 91 is only 1/2 oz more.(more money of course)

just a thought .
Old 12-22-2006, 07:09 PM
obie1
My Feedback: (76)

Yes I guess your right. If the .61 doesn't satisfy me I will go the .91. I do have the need for speed as a couple guys in a classic movie once said.
Obie1
Old 12-22-2006, 08:35 PM
dragonpilot
My Feedback: (38)

and the Tower .75 is lighter than the Tower .61! and more juighi
Old 12-22-2006, 09:10 PM
Widget

FYI People: On the 19th, NP was out of all 3 colors of the Bobcat-50 models. Yesterday, the 20th, all 3 were back in stock, or so they said, so I ordered one. Last Night, I get an e-mail from their "verification" department telling me they won't complete my order unless I 1. FAX them a copy of my credit card, and 2. FAX them a copy of my Drivers License. Something awfully fraudulent sounding here... I turned it into Chase, getting a card block, finding out in the process that NitroPlanes (and Raidentech and???) is owned by E. Grand Buy. Bottom line, I too got the order run-around the past few months trying to catch this plane in stock, and this FAXing my personal info could just be a BS stalling tactic because they are once again out-of-stock. I am now refusing to do business with them any further. I ordered the Keecat, no stock problems, no order hassles. The Keecat is a bigger plane, so I imagine my 91FX will drive it as fast as a 46FX will drive the Bobcat, ya think? BTW, I appreciate all you Flyboys of the wee little planes. I always come to RCU when I have a question about practically anything airplane...[8D]
Old 12-22-2006, 09:14 PM
CrashPro

I called NP today and asked why my order was canceled,....I was told order wasn't actually canceled, rather shipment was changed from UPS to Fedex and my order would ship first of next week,...we'll see. I wasn't asked for any kind of credit card verification or anything tho.
Old 12-22-2006, 09:49 PM
gehr2box

The Keecat with an OS 91fx is slower then the Bobcat running a 46ax. With the right prop it's close, but still a tad slower. Wrong prop and it is quite a bit slower. I've got a 55ax in my Bobcat and it's faster then either. I've flown the Keecat and while it is slower it is a nice flying plane. The retractable gear works and aside from some linkage issues appears to be pretty resilient. Watch the wing mounting bolts on the Keecat if you plan on leaving it assembled. The one at our field has had the bolts come loose after relatively short time.

ORIGINAL: Widget

The Keecat is a bigger plane, so I imagine my 91FX will drive it as fast as a 46FX will drive the Bobcat, ya think? BTW, I appreciate all you Flyboys of the wee little planes. I always come to RCU when I have a question about practically anything airplane...[8D]
Old 12-22-2006, 09:49 PM
Widget

I don't know. It just seems like a lot of hassle to get an order actually paid for, shipped and completed from NP. In this day and age of Credit card scams, to ask me for a FAX of my Drivers Lic ??? That more than borderlines insane, but then a lot of insane people willingly send off that kind of info to that "authority" out there in cyber-space. I sure wish Wholesale Trains carried these BC kind of jets. I buy a lot from them http://www.wholesaletrains.com/Airpl...&Item=arfsltew and with their free shipping on ARF's, they beat out most all the competition. Plus, once you place an order, there is 'member discounts' that can really add up. I sure agree with a past-post about Bob V's inflated prices. Speed not greed. I think he missed an awesome volume-sales deal with all of us out here...
Old 12-22-2006, 09:59 PM
gehr2box

They may have a legitimate reason for requesting the info. I'd check with the credit card company to see if there has been any odd activity on the account. Nitro planes has sold quite a few planes as witnessed in this thread alone to quite a few very satisfied customers. Unless they have suddenly had some major business issues I would lean toward something unusual about this particular transaction.

ORIGINAL: Widget

I don't know. It just seems like a lot of hassle to get an order actually paid for, shipped and completed from NP. In this day and age of Credit card scams, to ask me for a FAX of my Drivers Lic ??? That more than borderlines insane, but then a lot of insane people willingly send off that kind of info to that "authority" out there in cyber-space. I sure wish Wholesale Trains carried these BC kind of jets. I buy a lot from them http://www.wholesaletrains.com/Airpl...&Item=arfsltew and with their free shipping on ARF's, they beat out most all the competition. Plus, once you place an order, there is 'member discounts' that can really add up. I sure agree with a past-post about Bob V's inflated prices. Speed not greed. I think he missed an awesome volume-sales deal with all of us out here...
Old 12-22-2006, 11:29 PM
rcmigpilot
My Feedback: (26)

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

To all those guys that are having problems finding a plane, I have one NIB that I have just posted in the classifieds along with a NIB Webra Speed 55GT w/Jett muffler. Contact me direct at [email protected]
Old 12-22-2006, 11:31 PM
Wayne22
My Feedback: (2)

They may have a legitimate reason for requesting the info.
I bet they have been burned on a few of the many transactions. It is soooooooo easy to get someone elses credit card number, and there are bottom feeders that thrive on doing exactly that. They are probably trying to protect themselves from fraud.....
Old 12-23-2006, 01:00 AM
Flyboy Dave
My Feedback: (21)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Buying a Bobcat from Nitro models is a bit of blind faith. I bought one of the new gray and
orange ones, and the next day I got an order confirmation, and the said the plane would
be shipped the next day. The plane was actually on back order, and I didn't get it till about
two weeks later, when the shipment came in.

FBD.
Old 12-23-2006, 10:02 AM
gehr2box

I called Tower Hobbies the last week of Oct to confirm early Nov availability of the OS 55ax. They said that it was going to be there at that time. I ordered it online that day. One week into November it changed from early November availability to mid-December. I cancelled the backorder and ordered a Supertigre 51 instead. I had to call back a 2nd time because the back order did not get cancelled as I had reqested. The ST shipped immediately, but before it arrived the 55ax's came in (all before the 10th of Nov). I reordered the 55ax and sent back the ST51.

What's my point? The people that we deal with are largely importers and have to do business based on the information they get from suppliers. They are trying to get you the best info they can and get the orders completed so they can get paid. Sometimes they guess on availability based on previous experience with their vendor. Nitro models is just guessing wrong and a little too quick in lead time with their shipping notices.

Now - back to the Bobcat. I'm interested in finding out if anyone has added retracts, flown several times and still has the plane. I read about people adding them, but then they just disappear.

Bud

ORIGINAL: Flyboy Dave

Buying a Bobcat from Nitro models is a bit of blind faith. I bought one of the new gray and
orange ones, and the next day I got an order confirmation, and the said the plane would
be shipped the next day. The plane was actually on back order, and I didn't get it till about
two weeks later, when the shipment came in.

FBD.
Old 12-23-2006, 12:47 PM
Widget

yUPP. I don't have a prob with the online merchants being careful, but again, to ask for a FAXed copy of my DL and CC is pretty strange. Point being, I have had credit card "issues" with, say, Amazon in the past, and they simply write and ask me to re-submit the order or even call them. This request was more like 'We're Boss and if you want your precious little plane, you'll do what we say..." From the posts and good comment about 'over-seas' product availability, I lean towards them simply not being truthful and saying "We ain't got none, Bubba..." In fairness, Chase didn't seem to be concerned about EGrandbuy.com, who is strictly, like is said, and 'importer' of the wee little planes. If the Bobcat 50 came with retracts, I would probably get one anyway, but I'll sacrifice the little speed for the extra build time and get the Keecat with retracts. Plus, the Kee is a little bigger and 'should' handle my 91FX a little better.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:45 PM
Flyboy Dave

....they must have thought you were using a fraudulent credit card or something, and
wanted to verify the ID ?

You could take that as good or bad, but they were protecting your credit card.
Old 12-23-2006, 06:24 PM
thebluemax
My Feedback: (151)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

MY Bobcat is on hold as I ordered retracts for mine but they have not come yet and I have no idea when they will be here. However, even if they do show up, I was hoping one or more of the experienced folks who are also adding retracts would be posting some info/pics. I have not done retracts before so this is all new to me. Looking at the web it looks like the retracts hookups themselves seem easy enough. I just need guidance on how and where to cut up the wing and doing the supports for the rails to mount the units to the wing.

So for now the Bobcat is sitting until they get here. Then it will be nerve time to get them in...... The only thing I did do since I am waiting is I sprayed the fuse with a clear coat. Figured I might as well do that and give it plenty of time to dry.

ORIGINAL: gehr2box

Now - back to the Bobcat. I'm interested in finding out if anyone has added retracts, flown several times and still has the plane. I read about people adding them, but then they just disappear.

Bud

Old 12-23-2006, 08:08 PM
Wayne22

There are a few things I want to do with mine, including retracts, but I want to get it flying first and make sure it is worth the extra effort required..I'm sure it is.
The nose gear would be no problem at all if you use a bulkhead mount retract, although I would reinforce th nose gear bulkhead....The wings would require some invasive surgery...
Old 12-23-2006, 10:44 PM
thebluemax
My Feedback: (151)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wayne22.
I agree with you and that was my intentions too. Fly it first and then do the retracts but I had a problem where one of the landing gear blocks was not drilled out. I drilled the hole which was no big deal but now I do not trust the gear blocks even though they seem like they are ok. I figured if I am going to open it up to check the blocks I mind as well open it up for the retracts.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:27 AM
Wayne22

That's a pretty good reason!!! Would you mind taking some photos of what you find inside, and sharing your modifications??
Old 12-24-2006, 01:32 AM
Clean

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Heck, according to the label on my Bobcat Box, It comes with factory installed retracts.

I guess the problem is they are permanently retracted and I'll have to order others to taxi on. I figure on breaking in my Tower 75 on my Joss Stick while I get retracts for the Bobcat. As far as ordering from Nitro? I ordered on a Thursday and it came in the next Wednesday.
Old 12-24-2006, 11:37 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

I have the Bobcat and the Springair 305's for mine. As soon as I finish my Flash, I'll start on getting the retracts in the Bobcat and post some pictures...

Bob
Old 12-24-2006, 12:25 PM
Flyboy Dave

The Tower 75's are really tight at the top when new. Resist the urge to flip the
prop through cold. Use your heat gun to heat up the head and cylinder before
the first start-up, and save your engine all that strain on the rod in the first few
seconds of life.

I also lube by top ends with straight castor before the first start up. I also
add 4 ozs of castor to my PowerMaster fuel, which also contains 1/3 of the 18%
oil content is castor.

FBD.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.