Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 5 of 160 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Nitro models pusher Bobcat?

Got mine a week ago and think it is a great model for the money. One issue is the canopy was cracked. Emailed the Nitro Models people and got a quick response to ship it back (hopefully just the canopy and not the whole airplane). Not sure if they know what the part is (no part numbers for replacement parts) as most manufacturers would ship one for replacement @ no charge (I make this comment because of earlier post where these guys are not airplane people but importers).

My biggest concern is shipping it back to a company that is just an importer such as this and never getting a canopy (i would rather have the cracked one then none at all).
    Does anyone have experience with them as far as ordering spar parts?

Point is, unwrap the parts and inspect for damage, it may take awhile to get replacements, and as with alot of arfs canopies are usually brittle and crack easily.

Thanks
    Bill

p.s. Thier electric powered Predator B UAV is a very nice product for the money and is something a little different like the Bobcat

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

PST I am just using two 16oz Dubro's tanks. Just plumb them together. You won't have to cut the bulkheads and it's a lot cheaper.

Has anyone mounted the turbine yet? I would like to see how you did it. I was just going to use a couple of blocks but there may be a better way.

What about a latch for the canopy. Has anyone done that yet?

Hal

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks H- Dale
    What about a header tank ?
    Need one ? or is there a special clunk that can be used?
    I also would like to see a turbine mounted up on the jet.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Galen,

Please keep us posted and pics on your retract install. Seems like a better way if the wheels fit in. I'm going to go that route when mine comes in. You still have your F4?
    Thanks
    RCMACHINERY.COM

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Are there any pictures or info of the KeeCat by Rich-Model. The links to their site don't work. Just want to see which one i like better since it looks I will have to wait for either one right now.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Go to www.avia-richmodel.com but the BobCat is better and you will get it in a week.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Any flight reports yet? Hope some of you guys get yours up over the weekend. I'm really anxious to hear how they fly (and land :-).

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sorry maybe I am on too many "Ignore" lists :-) I will try again.....

Do these models have flat bottom (Clark Y) airfoils?

Thanks!!
    Matt

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: mr_matt

Sorry maybe I am on too many "Ignore" lists :-) I will try again.....

Do these models have flat bottom (Clark Y) airfoils?

Thanks!!

Yes they do.

Galen

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: dragonpilot

Galen,

Please keep us posted and pics on your retract install. Seems like a better way if the wheels fit in. I'm going to go that route when mine comes in. You still have your F4?
    Thanks
    I think an even better retract unit would be one that the strut retracts up away from the air cylinder. It appears it would be a better fit. I'm goint to pull one out of my SeaWind and give it a try. If it's better, I'll either rob them from the Seawind or see if I can find some for sale.
    Yes I do still have the F-4 but it's retired and hanging on the wall of the garage.

Galen

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mr_Matt

What about a P-60 on one of these? I think it would work. It would be fast!!

Hal

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: G-ROOKIE

Go to www.avia-richmodel.com but the BobCat is better and you will get it in a week.

Where can you get it in a week? I see everywhere is sold out and they jacked the price up to $170.

Thats the site I was referring to for the KeeCat. Only the home page works, nothing else.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: booker-RCU

Yes they do.
    Thanks Galen!
    Matt

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: H.Dale

What about a P-60 on one of these? I think it would work. It would be fast!!
    Hi Hal!

Well, I must say I am not the expert on the flood of these models that have recently hit the shores. As someone else noted, I expect the price to go WAY up as soon as they figure out that rich jet guys are buying them up ;-)

Anyway, if the one I saw is any indication then yes a P-60 will fit, but the plane did not appear to be designed to fit large fuel tanks in, there were formers in the way and such.

But the volume available in the plane looked reasonable to put big enough tanks in if someone designed them. And yes the JetCat should fly that plane fine ;-)

But of course I am a fan of big turbines in small planes, you should see my latest one on the boards right now!!

Good luck!

Matt

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Why don't you give Nitro Models a call and talk to them to see when they are going to get another shipment. You can also check with you'r local hobby shop to see if they can order it direct from Evergreen, that's who makes them.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Matt!

It would be a good idea if Jet Cat give away one of these Bob Cat with a purchase of a P-60 since they are so cheap. I hope you get one and try it with a P-60 and let us know how it fly's because the plane look's to good for a prop.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am going to put a turbine on one, but I think I am going to be very careful about the way linkages are set up, and the type servos used. BVM designed the Bobcat as a 200 MPH jet to start with, and some of them have gone down due to aerodynamic forces on the controls and things related. Everyone please keep in mind this thing is not stressed for diving full power passes, and probably will come apart. If this is your first jet, please be safe. I can see a whole new set of problems coming up with this little jewel. I think it is a heck of a deal for the price, and I still am going to fly it first with the glow engine, and then put the turbine on the other one. Mr. Matt, how long could i get with a P-60 and careful use of power on about 40 oz of fuel? The Bee would go about 6 minutes I think, but I have never had a P-60. Any chance Jetcat is coming out with a smaller engine? Thanks, Bob

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Bob is right about this little Bcat. Even as well built as it is I seriously doubt it can handle real high speeds. I just found the forward blind nut mount that holds the boom to the wing, loose, and it fell out with a little wiggling. You can imagine what would happen if that failed in flight. Also by cutting the wing up and mounting retracts it's very easy to degrade the integretity of the wing. A person should strenghtin any area that he cuts up.
    Frankly I think l a P-60 or similar is way to much. I realize it can be derated but the extra weight would still add extra G's going the same speeds as a smaller lighter turbine.

Anyway - FWIW
    Galen

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

but playing devils advocate smaller airframes can usually take more abuse than a larger airframe. heck look at the great planes $99 quickie 500 plane those things can do well over 100 mph straight out of the box, and take some pretty high g's (if you ever seen pylon racers turn a corner) , and their cheap. But yes I know the extra weight of a turbine, not too mention the microscope that this segment of the hobby is under one must alway use extreme care, but then again if a modeler goes through the trouble to add a $2000 + engine I would hope he would take the time to protect this investment. But Booker don't get me wrong I'm with you 100% I couldn't see putting anything larger than a wren 44 on this little plane.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Can some one please give us an update ? thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hay guys has any one checked the CG on the bobcat (WITH OUT THE MOTOR), just for fun i checked mine (RETRACTS & RADIO INSTALLED) and I'm so tail heavy it's not funny, my planes total weight less the motor is 6 1/2lb, i guess you guys that are gonna fly stock struts are probably better on the CG side then mine turned out,
    and as BOOKER-RCU stated the front blind nut on the booms could be a potential disaster, so i'v put a smell top plate in the top of the boom in place of the balsa sheeting with another blind nut, a little sanding to round off the edge and it's better then new, with added peace of mind.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Topper!

When you get a chance can you please take some pic's and post them ? I need all the info. before i start on mines.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have one on the way & was wondering if any one has finished & flown one yet ?.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Where did you find one?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hay guys has any one checked the CG on the bobcat (WITH OUT THE MOTOR), just for fun i checked mine (RETRACTS & RADIO INSTALLED) and I'm so tail heavy it's not funny,

i put mine together with a 91 magnum xls and i could not put enough weight in the front to balance at the recommended cg. can anyone enlighten me on this. seems like the instructions are way too far forward.

Page 5 of 160 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast