Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 53 of 160 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 4000

RE: Nitro models pusher Bobcat?

Wayne22,

Nice job, I really like what you did.
    All I did was copy a picture of someone else,s bobcat...it is neat though, isn't it..?

All I ask is for a chance to prove that money can\'t make me happy......

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

finally done now just got to wait for the weather to get warmer [&:]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ay74738.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	638013   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	To45574.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	638014  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Kitbashed Bobcat ready for turbine and landing gear.

I call it a FlankerCat 44.

Hal

Name:	Jh15547.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	638061  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OUTSTANDING!!! [sm=teeth_smile.gif] Post more pictures if and when you can.
    The more you fly, the more you buy.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I Like that!!! Please post more about this!

mark

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The build is complete and an entire step by step photo documentation is done!

I will be posting it this weekend on my web site. Just hit the BobCat button.

www.SouthFloridaJetTogether.com

Our field is closed this weekend, some music concert, so it will have to wait a week or so for the first flight. It will be at the South Florida Jet-Together March 31st & April 1 2007, for sure.

Enjoy!

Name:	Fd92703.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	211.5 KB 
ID:	638542   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Li21258.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	253.8 KB 
ID:	638543  
    \"I never crash, just an occassional mid-air with the Earth\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Stickjammer & NM_Mark

There is a thread titled FlankerCat that has some pictures of the construction if you would like to see how I did it.

Hal

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks!!!! Looks super!

Mark

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

okay another question!!!

have my bobcat assembled and radio/engine installed. anyone who has a few flights on theirs can you tell
    what you have found to be the best control throw distances. did you follow the manual,or come up with your own.
    FLY IT OR KILL IT TRYIN\'

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My eyes hurt, I just read this whole thread and earlyer today I broke down and ordered a OS 55AX for my Bobcat. Can't wait for the warmer weather to get here.

Dauntae
    I laugh in the face of danger... Then I hide until it goes away

H.Dale and hapyjac2 ...thanks for posting pictures of your TURBINE conversions. (being that this is the JET forum, it is probably important to tie this topic back to JETS once in awhile, so that it does not get moved to a different forum... ). I have to admit that after having built mine stock, if I was even thinking of turbinizing it, I'd be stripping it down and going through the stucture, very carefully. There are a couple of areas that I am not completely happy with, but they are probably okay for piston use.

That 44 tucks in there really nicely... I laid my MW-54 on the back of mine, just for fun, and it looks waaaay too big...although I see a couple of buiders are going to try a 54 size installation.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well, I trashed my canopy today. Got a little low on an inverted pass. The canopy is gone, No other damage except a nicked prop. Has anyone had any luck getting replacement parts. Or, maybe a line on a different canopy that can be modified to work.
    TIA
    Silence is golden,,, but duct tape is silver.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey guys,

had first flight on my bobcat today. Has anyone noticed radio glitching when using whip antennas.
    Barely got mine back on ground due to it. Flew great while I had control of it. Not to fast to land, but
    not a trainer plane, thats for sure!! Also I have steering slaved to rudder servos, I have control rod on both inner holes, way too much movement on steering. Any ideas on how to lower
    steering servo movement without lowering rudder movement I have a futaba 6exas radio.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

erin-rob,
    Set your mix (rudder to steering servo) to a value lower than 100 %. i.e. 50%

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have a y cord plugged into the receiver. One side of the y cord is going to rudder y cord, other side is going to steering servo. Not sure if I have a way to use mix
    capability with my radio. Ill have to read my manual.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: erin-rob

I have control rod on both inner holes, way too much movement on steering. Any ideas on how to lower
    steering servo movement without lowering rudder movement I have a futaba 6exas radio.
    What you need to do is put the control rod in the outer hole on the control horn on the wheel and the inner hole on the servo, This will minamise the turning movement on the wheel.

Dauntae
    I laugh in the face of danger... Then I hide until it goes away

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

FYi to all
    Its a bit late to find this out as i have already built my bobcat but ducted fans.com is selling the bocat plane with modifications already made as a kit! Retract bays already installed with doors!! retracts spring air 301, Spring loaded landing gear ,and a 120mm ducted fan setup available for electric.They are also producing the naucelle (air inlet) for the fan unit.
    I have an os 90 with 14x7 on mine but have not flown yet.i have read this is setup will not be a barn burner and my thought now is to buy the naucelle from them and go with an os 90 ducted fan unit.

Any thoughts????

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

okay about the whip antenna. maybe someone can put my mind at ease.
    has anyone flown their bobcat with a deans whip antenna. I am wondering if they have enough
    range for a plane of this speed, able to cover a lot of ground quickly. I ground range checked it before
    I flew it, walked about 75' away with trans ant. down. worked great, but when I got plane in the air
    and away from me a descent ways, all heck broke loose. lucky to get it back under control, and land safely.

I use a Deans in my F-16 and get incredible gound range out of it. I have one in my Bobcat, but it has not flown yet due to current climatic conditions ( ie too much snow~~)
    If you are using the 2 pc antenna, make darned sure the little piece of shrink wrap does not get caught in the threads...it will insulate the antenna greatly reducing range. If you are still having problems, check for any metal on metal contact.....the throttle linkage is a prime suspect. If there is any, break it up...use a plastic pushrod, or a dubro ball and socket connector.
    If you are still having problems, check every one of your servo extensions and the switch. I have seen brand new leads cause erratic behavior, and I had a brand new switch in my F-16 go south...fortunately, I had a dual battery system...
    The long servo extensions to the elevator and rudder servos can pick up stray signals, and may need a RF choke (JR makes them) to cut out any interference.

hope this helps.............

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

After checking your connections and your battery (under load) you may want to replace the Deans. Deans sometimes have problems within the electronics at the base you will not see until you hit a certain vibration frequency. This is also true for receivers. I use the Revolution as the base is hard molded or a full length whip.

Hi Sir .

I am regular turbine flyer . Any way I bought the bobcet and i am modifying it to use a Turbine.I would like some more pictures as to how you put your fuel cells and the nose wheel and wether you are using flaps .

thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Paul,

I like that someone did a turbine conversion for this plane. However, now that it has been done, there really are better solutions than putting a $2500 or more turbine on a plane designed to fly on a .46 glow engine. This plane is nice for what it is, but to make it a safe turbine platform you need to do more than mount tanks and retracts. You almost need to reengineer the entire plane.

I know it is just my opinion, I just hope mentioning this will save someone a lot of heartache down the road.

Mark

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The entire plane does not have to be re-enginered, nor do you have to spend a fortune.

Of course you'll have to have a small turbine engine lying around. There are less and less small platforms for small turbine use. So this seemed as good a place to use mine.

There is some places where some structual strengthing is required. But then the basic kit required that for glow use anyway. And some modifications to be made. Total cost in materials was about $35.00, most of that was for matching covering. The rest was in and about my workshop, Balsa stock is like hangers, just seems to muliply.

I did have the retract set, so I did not have that expense. Servos were not really a big expense,
    Just added a few more than were required to start off with.

And there you have it, a fun little knock around turbine jet.

Construction article is up and available at;

www.SouthFloridaJetTogether.com

Just hit the Bobcat conversion button near the bottom of the page. You will need Adobe Reader to open it.
    Enjoy!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Jack,

You effectively did reengineer the plane. I hope yours works out for you. However, I still wouldn't recommend this for the average modeler. A turbine will push this plane to speeds well past what it was designed for. I guess you will be the one testing how far you can push it. I'm sure it will last forever if you fly it at .46 glow speeds (like that is going to happen for most people).

There are already inexpensive kits (designed for turbine use) which don't rely on your personal ability to guess where the structure should or shouldn't be reinforced. So for the guy trying to save a buck, more times than not, you will save more by buying the right stuff the first time.

Now if you just want a cool kit bashing project, go ahead just understand the risk vs. reward.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The same project was preformed by the editor of R/C Jet International, John Wright, in the Dec 2006 issue. And I agree with him this is not for everyone, the average modeler does not know or have turbine experience.
    He, John, put a larger engine than I am using and I have had corrospondence with others who have even used larger engines. I feel my choice of powerplant is much more conservative that most. I just wanted an everyday fun fly turbine jet rather that put undue wear on my other more expensive aircraft.

Gee I would like a plane that would last forever. At any speed.
    This is not a project for the guy who is trying to save a buck. Who in this hobby can try and save a buck. Flying turbines is not a hobby for those on a limited budget.
    That's for sure!