Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Nitro models pusher Bobcat?

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Nitro models pusher Bobcat?

Old 04-28-2007, 05:04 AM
gen3v8
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Nitro models pusher Bobcat?

ORIGINAL: dragonpilot

I should clarify that by saying stock locations not gear. I threw out the chrome stock struts after about the 2nd or 3rd flight. I made up several copies of the struts using better metal. I think I posted this a while back with a picture. Post #353 page 15..
I run mine in the stock position ,modified struts , off a grass horse trodden strip .They move a bit but are good after months of w/e flyinng
Old 04-28-2007, 09:08 AM
MMallory
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know about holding the nose off since I fly on a grass field. The grass tends to force the nose down. I would guess that the nose would stay up as it does with some of my jets, which also have gear well behind the CG.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:32 AM
PointMagu
My Feedback: (11)

Ordered a white canopy. Thanks for the posting!

I've been attempting to carve a replacement in order to stretch a plastic replacement. This is FAR easier, even with the shipping, lol...

Incredible, the # of postings on this airframe. I've read just about every one and I've yet to even begin mine other than drilling the mounting holes for the aluminum landing gear under the engine plate.

Keep up the great work, y'all!

PM
Old 04-28-2007, 03:47 PM
tamir_250

HEY!
just got my BOBCAT, i have the OS55AX, what prop size is recomended for this combo? (2/3 blades)
THANKS!
TAMIR.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:52 AM
XJet
Banned

ORIGINAL: GSK
Guess stickjammer has not flown his yet , he will find out when he tries to fly it .
after seeing mine fly there are 4 more being built In our club.
Might even turn up at Tok In the weekend
I'll have to get my finger out and finish mine then (spent too long on my 30% Extra over the past few weeks).

I've got a TT46Pro or an ASP52 to throw in it (and a tuned pipe if I can knock up a header in time).
Old 04-29-2007, 07:21 AM
Stick Jammer

ORIGINAL: tamir_250

HEY!
just got my BOBCAT, i have the OS55AX, what prop size is recomended for this combo? (2/3 blades)
THANKS!
TAMIR.
APC 11x7p (2 blade)
Old 04-29-2007, 01:18 PM
Adrians flyer

I ran a 2 blade 10 X 8P APC brand on mine. Got good top end speed. We radar gunned it at 103mph and this is with the stock gear. I have to ad that this was with the wind (not very strong one). Just make sure you get the darned low end and top end settings right, or that transition will eat choke it out and you'll have a rather dented bird to deal with. Keep the speed up, and your lines straight or with gentle curves until you get the feel for it. Trust me, I made all of the above listed mistakes and now my new BobCat in being shipped to me as we speak....LOL

Bruce

ORIGINAL: tamir_250

HEY!
THANKS!
TAMIR.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:40 PM
tamir_250

i saw a very fast flight on this video, you guy's can see the setup at the begining of this video.
what do you guy's think, this is a faster setup?
THANKS,TAMIR.
http://media.putfile.com/Nitro-Model-Planes-Bobcat
Old 04-30-2007, 02:33 PM
J.F

Having a little problem slowing mine up even with the MW44 on idle, and flapperons induce a big pitch change, so looking for alternatives.
Anyone tried using the rudders as air brakes, i.e putting them both inwards to try and bleed of the speed?

J
Old 04-30-2007, 02:42 PM
NM_Mark
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: J.F

Having a little problem slowing mine up even with the MW44 on idle, and flapperons induce a big pitch change, so looking for alternatives.
Anyone tried using the rudders as air brakes, i.e putting them both inwards to try and bleed of the speed?

J
I'm getting ready to try that on a Super Reaper - Although I will be pitching them out, instead of in (don't want to fry the edges of the rudder with turbine blast!)

Mark
Old 04-30-2007, 02:46 PM
J.F

ORIGINAL: NM_Mark
I will be pitching them out, instead of in (don't want to fry the edges of the rudder with turbine blast!)
Yes, that would make more sense!
Old 04-30-2007, 02:50 PM
GSK

When using the ailerons as flaperons have you tried moving them up a little when setting up for landing ,
( not down as you would think at first )
this will allow you to slow the model down to just above the stall and produce nice nose high landings with full control
Old 04-30-2007, 03:24 PM
morecashthansense

Hi,
I have 2 possible power options to power this model:

1 A very nice MVVS 49 rear exhaust,I was considering trying to put a mini pipe through the rear fuz somehow to keep it very streamlined.... build as light as possible.

2 An old Super Tiger 61 which I could set up for reverse rotation however this would be with some sort of exhaust/pipe combo outside the fuz ect as normal.

Question is which to go for ????

any suggestions?
Old 04-30-2007, 03:38 PM
hapyjac2
My Feedback: (927)

J.F.

Did you add Flaps? I split the alerons and made flaps. She slows to a walk when coming in for a landing. I'm using a SimJet 700.

Hapyjac
Old 04-30-2007, 03:56 PM
Crazy4Flight
My Feedback: (540)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you may need to install a speed brake like the Kangaroo~Rookie~Harpoon.

bob
Old 04-30-2007, 04:21 PM
J.F

ORIGINAL: hapyjac2
Did you add Flaps? I split the alerons and made flaps. She slows to a walk when coming in for a landing. I'm using a SimJet 700.
No I was lazy, just wanted a "low hassle, get out the box and fly from a rough field" model, so no retracts or other fancy stuff either!
Old 04-30-2007, 04:36 PM
J.F

ORIGINAL: Crazy4Flight
I think you may need to install a speed brake like the Kangaroo~Rookie~Harpoon.
Anyone have any pics or location measurements? Do you install on the c of g?
Old 04-30-2007, 06:23 PM
PointMagu

I have an MVVS screamer .40 with pipe on my Balsa Nova. I can imagine the .49 RE!

Lighter, more economical, (FAI fuel) and a better selection of prop sizes and pitch to choose from. I have a Bluehead 60 ST and it weighs a ton, son, lol...

I would think running the pipe into the rear fuselage and exiting out the bottom pointing to the slipstream would be an optimum install.

Now I wish I had rotated my cylinder exhaust to the rear prior to breaking in my .40 :-)

Let us know whatever combination you choose...I'd like to see a few photos!

PM
Old 04-30-2007, 06:34 PM
P 51 MAN

FYI,
I bought a bobcat and it came with a red canopy, red is for the yellow version. I was thinking about ordering a second one so thinking the same thing could happen again I ordered two silver canopies when Nitro got some canopies in stock. When I placed the order I put in the comment section that I wanted silver not red, white, orange or any other color, only silver. I received my order today and it had two orange canopies in the box. WAY TO GO NITRO ! They make spraypaint for plastic but I read in this thread that others had problems with the paint flaking off and I can't match the silver/light grey color. Now I have three canopies of the wrong color that I don't want to use. I have not talked to nitro yet to see what they say about it. I think i will end up being stuck with them and having to make them work.

Two canopies- $14.00
Shipping - $11.01
Total - $25.01 = Three canopies of the wrong color.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:54 PM
PointMagu

Speaking as one who destroyed his canopy trying to replace the rosey tint, I'd think that you'd be able to unload your 3 with other modelers like myself.

I ordered a white replacement and its on its way. I'll let you know if I get a silver instead. Maybe we can work out a possible trade, LOL...

PM
Old 04-30-2007, 08:23 PM
P 51 MAN

ORIGINAL: PointMagu

Speaking as one who destroyed his canopy trying to replace the rosey tint, I'd think that you'd be able to unload your 3 with other modelers like myself.

I ordered a white replacement and its on its way. I'll let you know if I get a silver instead. Maybe we can work out a possible trade, LOL...

PM
I will be waiting to see what color you get and we can go from there.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:24 PM
dragraces
My Feedback: (2)

My canopy came today it was the right color [red] where does the orange come from ?? they dont sell a plane that those go on its red white or silver !! oh well gl with that

[:-]

Jason
Old 04-30-2007, 09:02 PM
P 51 MAN

ORIGINAL: dragraces

My canopy came today it was the right color [red] where does the orange come from ?? they dont sell a plane that those go on its red white or silver !! oh well gl with that

[:-]

Jason
If you look at enough pictures of the silver Bobcat you can see that there are two different trim patterns, the colors are the same but the patterns are different. On one pattern it has a silver canopy and on the other pattern it has a orange canopy.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:15 AM
gofastz

I have the orange and black scheme........It came with a red canopy!!!!! I ordered another with the same scheme and it to came with a red canopy.....I orded the grey canopy and they came in orange...... The red canopies were painted black and it worked good.... The orange ones match the scheme well so I guess i am lucky.....Mark
Old 05-01-2007, 12:07 PM
PhilLin

JF, can you program some flap to elevator mix on your xmitter? I had a plane with flaperons that had a severe nose down tuck when full flaps were applied, which I was half anticipating. keep dialing in additional flap/elev mix with each flight until the tendency was neutralized at about 35 to 40% setting. Landing flair was good & slowed down from that point. Good luck!

Phil

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.