Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Eurokit retracts and struts

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Eurokit retracts and struts

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2003, 03:33 PM
Jetset
My Feedback: (2)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Eurokit retracts and struts

I am thinking about buying retracts and struts from Eurokit.
http://www.eurokitplane.com/english.htm
Has anyone used them and what is your opinion of them? They look nice!
AHHH! Now I see on the start page that are ceasing opertions beginning in Jan until a new distributor is found!
www.eurokitplane.com
TIA
Myles
Old 01-04-2003, 04:57 PM
Guybo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi

I think these units are the standard units available for the hotspot. I have a hot spot, and am using these units. They seem to work ok, the only mods I used were stiffer springs behind the piston, as the nose leg on the hotspot comes down into the air flow, which some times will not lock. Motors and Rotors in the UK do all sorts of spares for these units, including metal upgrades.

I must say that I was reasonably impressed with them on my maiden flight of the spot, were I think she was alittle nose heavy, and I didn't have enough up efflux on the elev ons. This resulted in a fast and hard landing with full up, but she stayed on her wheels, and all that needed replacing was the pins between the actuator and the u/c leg.

Hope this helps

Guy
Old 01-04-2003, 07:24 PM
Thud_Driver
My Feedback: (1)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Struts

I tried to get another couple sets of struts from these folks a month and a half ago. They were out of stock and it didn't seem like they would have any for awhile.

I used the black light airplane struts, 15082, on my MB-339 and broke a fork after about 40 landings due to side loads. The forks are not steel but more like pot metal (a light casting maybe). The upper legs are strong. They didn't stock spare parts so I couldn't fix it.

I'm using the 15070's as nose gears on my MB-339 and TopCat and they are very good for that. Might want to use them for mains on the MB-339 or my Hawk.

I had to try a couple times before I actually got an order in the first time. The second time, after 2 or 3 tries, I just got an e-mail saying no stock.

I don't speak French and their English is a little weak so you need some patience talking to them.
Old 01-04-2003, 11:30 PM
JET FX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LEGS

Thud_Driver I am considering these for my MB339 as well, I do not like the SpringAir wire struts. From your experience do you think these Eurokit struts will fit the stock wheel wells of the MB339 wing.

I have also considered these TGA oleos for the MB339 as well... these certainly would look sweet...
http://www.tgajets.com/
Old 01-04-2003, 11:42 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 733 Likes on 529 Posts

Hello Guy's

We (Motors & Rotors) have the range of Eurokit retracts and structs in stock-The standard nylon bodied units and the new Aluminium units. (which have the stronger spring as std)
Stronger springs are still available.
If there isn't a US agent we will ship to the USA no problems.
Any questions [email protected].
I have just under the 100 flights on my HotSpot with original units and they still work fine.

Dave Wilshere
UK
Old 01-05-2003, 03:06 AM
Thud_Driver
My Feedback: (1)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The short answer is no. You will need to modify the Eurokit struts in some way to make them fit. I'd try it with the 15070 type first but it won't be as good as you'd like. The 15082's might work better from a fit point of view but you'll probably break the fork eventually with the weight. The 339 kit has a really short strut and you might not be able to cut off most commercial units as short as required without screwing up the springs.

Check these threads:

http://www.RCUniverse.com/showthread...ht=oleos+MB339

http://www.RCUniverse.com/showthread...highlight=Thud

http://www.RCUniverse.com/showthread...468&forumid=26]