Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

looking for a place to fly DF jets in Central / South New Jersey, USA

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

looking for a place to fly DF jets in Central / South New Jersey, USA

Old 09-29-2006, 09:30 PM
clr2cont
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for a place to fly DF jets in Central / South New Jersey, USA

Good evening all,

I need help finding a place to fly Ducted Fan Jets in Central / South New Jersey. Im looking for a club or Field that has some form of hard pack groung or asphalt / concret runway. You guys know what the jets need. Thats what I need. Yesterday was yet another attempt of a maiden flight of a nice new DF jet on a @#$% field. Only thing this field is good for is covering Garbage! And thats exactly what it does. Its fine for those really high thrust powered prop planes. The DF just dosent have the power to get it to any real speed. Whats worst is my club gave up a good site that had a hard surface field....thats another story.

I am living in Toms River,NJ. But am willing to drive so I can fly my jets. I have a new turbine, I won't even build or even attempt to get my waiver, because I have no where to fly it.

I also currently am working on a large DC-10 with three DF's. I need a place to fly that.

Any help /idea would be greatly appreciated.

www.clr2cont.com

Thanks

Joe
Old 09-30-2006, 01:28 AM
av8rk

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: looking for a place to fly DF jets in Central / South New Jersey, USA

try the naval air station in lakehurst, new jersey.....
Old 09-30-2006, 12:07 PM
uncljoe
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: looking for a place to fly DF jets in Central / South New Jersey, USA

Hi Joe
Your close to Floyd Bennet field,maybe that would be the place,although been rumors of shoot downs(Interference) there. Check with Bill at U-Fly hobbies He might know of a local paved strip. Their located in Freehold NJ 732 780 3046
Semper Fi
joe
Old 09-30-2006, 05:33 PM
clr2cont
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my club use too fly @ lakehurst. I heard rumors that people still fly there. Are you saying there are peole flying there?
Old 09-30-2006, 06:05 PM
uncljoe
My Feedback: (8)

To my knowledge to fly at NAS Lakehurst, one needs JUICE...... If you have the right connections yes, if not no. Since 9-11 gaining access to bases has become difficult(I work for the FAA and have had to travel to these locations for work and I even have to jump thru hoops ). Check with Lakehurst public affairs office they might be able to help.
Semper Fi
Joe
I have plans to be test fly off taxiway next weekend (Sunday)in Mt Pocono pa . Your welcome to join me there