Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

1/8th scale B-1B

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

1/8th scale B-1B

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 12:13 PM
wallace.tharp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B1-b

Originally Posted by Lajames
Help! Do you have actual plans for the Lancer? I want to build an EDF with a 6-7 foot wingspan, but I have been unsuccessful in getting a set of plans. Jim
Might be the hard way, but North American Aviation may have drawings that they can share... or the Smithsonian... or the really hard way, I think the USAF is still operating the B1 out of TX. Abeline I believe. You would have to get your tape and camera out on the last one. Trivia on the wallace.tharp
Old 09-11-2014, 05:50 PM
Molar mender

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Help! Do you have actual plans for the Lancer? I want to build an EDF with a 6-7 foot wingspan, but I have been unsuccessful in getting a set of plans. Jim
Not much out there in plans for this air-frame. I have been working on a 1/12th scale for over 12 years and started out with a station plan sheet and a cut up 1/48th scale model that I scanned into my CAD program. The sheet is attached so you can work from it and just scale up to the size you want. Be aware that the inlet size of the nacelles, when scale, will not provide enough air for electric ducted fans. You will need to make additional openings in the sides of the nacelles to feed the fans. I am close to completion and will be looking to get my air-frame AMA inspected in the future. Life is still getting in the way to completing my (lifetime??) project but isn't that what scratch building is all about. So get your drafting set out and use the Rockwell station plan and draw up your own set of plans. Good luck on your project.

Roy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bone3V1.jpg
Views:	2039
Size:	476.4 KB
ID:	2031248   Click image for larger version

Name:	B-1B finished front no sweep.jpg
Views:	1705
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	2031249   Click image for larger version

Name:	B-1B finished front w sweep 2.jpg
Views:	1926
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	2031250  
Old 09-11-2014, 06:50 PM
Hustler58
My Feedback: (1)

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Message me and I'll try to help. Can you do CAD? Butch