Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Another thread deleted by mod

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Another thread deleted by mod

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 03:58 PM
AAbdu
My Feedback: (18)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Another thread deleted by mod

I admit that this is kind of a silly post, but I am very frustrated and need to get this off my chest. My original post asking for help in locating a Hurricane fan or blades for same was deleted twice. The only reason I posted it a second time was because I thought it just disappeared the first time. I dismissed it as a computer glitch or operator error as I received no notification either privately by PM or email or within the forum that I had broken an RCU rule. Today I got an email that notified me of its deletion with a little jab at the end about it being my second deleted post in as many days. I did not think that was necessary particularly since I had no idea the original had been deleted.

What's the point you say?
I just want to publicly apologize for posting something that was against the rules. I was not aware that asking for help finding a product to purchase was against the rules. In fact, at any given time there are a number of posts looking for 747 plans or brakes, or something (no offense intended to other posters).

I do not consider myself a trouble maker and will make every attempt to abide by the rules. My expectation is that the rules will be administered fairly and consistently.

Once again I apologize.

Thank you for reading this.
Anthony
Old 08-27-2006, 04:08 PM
AAbdu

Default RE: Another thread deleted by mod

There appears to have been a misunderstanding. I didn't get the first notice that it had been deleted so I posted it again (I apologize). I also should have worded my original post differently.

Moderator, please delete this thread.

Thank you
Anthony
Old 08-27-2006, 04:08 PM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: AAbdu
I was not aware that asking for help finding a product to purchase was against the rules. In fact, at any given time there are a number of posts looking for 747 plans or brakes, or something (no offense intended to other posters).
Unless the rules have changed in the couple of years since I did mod duties here, it depends on how you phrase your post. If you're asking advice about which companies you can buy a given product from etc., then this forum is the right place - but if you're posting a "wanted ad", then technically that belongs in the classifieds section. So, strictly speaking, "Where can I buy an XYZ ?" would be OK, whereas "Does anyone have an XYZ they can sell me?" would not.
Old 08-27-2006, 04:10 PM
AAbdu

That is how e-dave explaned it to me. I understand now and apologize. It was an honest mistake and I would like for me and the mods to just kiss and make up!
Old 08-27-2006, 05:38 PM
Rebellion
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ain't kissin' nobody![X(]

Peace Bro.[8D]

Old 08-27-2006, 05:51 PM
Terry Holston
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think most are like me and never read the want ads.......... So I think that policy needs to change., so everyone has a chance of finding parts they need. I realize posting an ad to sell something, but looking for a needed part?????????Come on, cut him a bit of slack here.