Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jetlegend T-45 Hawk

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jetlegend T-45 Hawk

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 07:32 PM
shorty55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jetlegend T-45 Hawk

Eric id move to another country then, the weather all month has been blowing, im sick of it, must do the lottery, oh villa in spain and acres of land with a tarmac runway, oh and kelly brook as my pit crew.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:07 PM
mikedenilin
My Feedback: (67)

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

You all Brits better come down to Southern California. 20C plus temperature at day time, clear sky, no wind. Send your planes over if you don't have time to come over. I will fly it for you when I am in town. or my flying buddies will volunteer to fly for you anytime.

Mike
Old 11-27-2006, 09:57 PM
Chris True
My Feedback: (14)

ORIGINAL: EASYTIGER

I am putting the decals on mine and installing the engine. I noticed there are a ton of decals, but no "navy" insignia for the wings, kind of a bummer. I think I have some for a Yellow or JHH A-4 that might work.
There is no NAVY on the wings, just a star-n-bar. If you need a NAVY marking for the fuse side look on the Century Jets page, there is a link to a guy who cuts vinyl. Tell him how big and he'll cut em for almost nothing, he has the file for the smaller Sport Hawk which I'm sure can be scale up with a few mouse clicks...
Old 11-27-2006, 10:49 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Chris True

ORIGINAL: EASYTIGER

I am putting the decals on mine and installing the engine. I noticed there are a ton of decals, but no "navy" insignia for the wings, kind of a bummer. I think I have some for a Yellow or JHH A-4 that might work.
There is no NAVY on the wings, just a star-n-bar. If you need a NAVY marking for the fuse side look on the Century Jets page, there is a link to a guy who cuts vinyl. Tell him how big and he'll cut em for almost nothing, he has the file for the smaller Sport Hawk which I'm sure can be scale up with a few mouse clicks...
No "NAVY" on the wings? Oh. That would explain their absence on the decal sheet, then. The ones on the fuse are there. The decal sheets are very good, three sheets, with serial numbers, tail codes, and all that, for maybe five different prototypes. The white "A" on the tail, like so many white decals(stickers, actually) is not as opaque as it could be, does not look perfect over red. Oh, well. Some very nice touches, though, like precut vinyl stickers for the speedbrake openings and fueling holes. I have lots left over if you need stuff to dress up your Sport Hawk.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:58 PM
Chris True
My Feedback: (14)

Thanks for the offer but I have enough Aside from the stars-n-bars, "A" and NAVY which I got in Vinyl, Ralf Schneider provided a sheet of nomenclature that didn't quite, needed better vision to figure out where all the stuff went!

Actually, I might need to sell that plane off. Running out of space for new projects This weekend was incredible weather for jet flying BTW, had the Starfire and the Viper out at the field for 3 flights each!
Old 11-27-2006, 11:06 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

I had considered getting a nice set of water transfer decals with all the nomenclature done, but it's really a sport-scale plane, I did not want to take the time and expense on this one.
I only got a little park flying in this weekend...family stuff on Saturday, too bad, but I put a few flights on my Flying Styro Tony while up at the hangar on Sunday. I did arrange for a ride in a full scale L-39 on this coming Thursday, weather permitting, which should be very cool. I have to pony up for part of the fuel, though.

I don't know if this Goshawk would be a nice electric conversion, a little too heavy, maybe. What's the new project?
Old 11-28-2006, 04:11 AM
JLSE

Hi to all Brits and Americans,

Regarding weather here in Spain I can tell that right now we have an average of 20Āŗ here in Valencia and a tarmac runway.

If any one wants to visit us, please check the map at www.cax77.com.

I will keep you all informed of our air festival for the month of April. I would really like to see even more jets in this ocasion.

Jose.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:44 AM
mikedenilin

Hi Jose,

Nice Field. The environment is a lot like Southern California, much better than Netherlands that I am staying at.
How far is it from Madrid? Can we Americans use 72 Mhz Radio there?

Mike
Old 11-29-2006, 12:35 PM
JLSE

Hi Mike, we are about 3 hours from Madrid (380km.) east direction and with a nice highway.

I am checking if the 72 mhz is permited, It was comonly used about 20 years ago, but
now we have the 35 mhz. I will inform when I have info.

Hope seing you soon and of course Everybody is welcome.

Regards,
Jose.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:12 PM
jetmodeller

Hi I was with Eric on the maidon test flight and as you have heard all went very well.In answer to your query about the Falcon as a power plant for the T45,i have a Falcon and i am sure it would be an excelent choice, the verticals would be good as well.The Super Bee flys the T45 at a comforable speed very scale but a bit more power would be great.The T45 can handle the extra wieght with all that wing area.I would recomend stronger springs in the main legs with the extra wieght, regards Keith
Old 12-02-2006, 10:33 AM
Jim Cattanach

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I maidened my T45 today. The weather was temp 70F & no wind. Had five flights in total. First flight the ailerons were out of trim by a few clicks (sorted by adjusting the flap neutral position), elevator a couple of clicks down. After trimming out, it was very easy to fly.
First take off I used 12mm of flap. Tried the next take off with no flap & there seemed no difference. I had the flaps set at 20mm for landing, but found that the jet just floated on & on & this setting reduces the effect of the ailerons quite a lot.
I found it best to land with flaps at the take of position.
General opinion. A nice jet to fly, easy to land & liking it better as I get it sorted to my style of flying. Looking forward to the next outing to do some fine tuning.
Wren Supersport used for power. An ideal match for this airframe.

Regards

Jim
Old 12-02-2006, 11:17 AM
The Bush

Sounds good Jim
what weight does yours come out at?
What servos are you using?

regards

Neil
Old 12-02-2006, 11:20 AM
Eric Banner

Hi Jim,

Congratulations on your successful first flights! Agree that the plane is enjoyable and easy to fly.

Iā€™ve also had a few more flights today in near calm conditions.

My impression of the compatibility of the Super Bee with the JL T45 has improved enormously having now flown in more suitable weather conditions. Once the wheels are stored the plane builds up a good turn of speed and performs well. More power is never a bad thing but the T45 does handle well with the Bee.

Last flight ended with a flame out and a down wind landing. Touchdown was gentle and safe, if a little on the fast side! Initial inspection reveals still half a tank of fuel left but an empty UAT. Obviously a problem with the internal tank plumbing, weā€™ll see.

Regards,
Eric
Old 12-02-2006, 12:03 PM
Jim Cattanach

Neil. I used servos I had on the shelf.

Elevator Hitec 5945
Ailerons Hitec 5125
Flaps Hitec 5945
Rudder Hitec 5125
Steering Hitec 225

Weight is around 20 lbs dry.

Eric. I am going to try an MW54mk3 I have spare, just to see the difference. Empty UAT usually means drawing air. Clunk problems maybe? I put an S bend in my tank brass tube to bring it more central.
I set my C of G at 125mm & that seems fine.

Regards

Jim
Old 12-02-2006, 01:55 PM
Eric Banner

ORIGINAL: Jascat100
Eric. I am going to try an MW54mk3 I have spare, just to see the difference. Empty UAT usually means drawing air. Clunk problems maybe? I put an S bend in my tank brass tube to bring it more central.
I set my C of G at 125mm & that seems fine.
Regards
Jim
Hi Jim,

Definitely clunk tube problems. The clunk tube has rigamortis!

Iā€™d bought the black flexible tube some time ago as being suitable for petrol. The tubeā€™s been sitting in paraffin for nearly a month. Just look at it! Totally stiff. Every time Iā€™d flown inverted the clunk was totally out of the fuel!
Iā€™d just completed a full inverted circuit, itā€™s now no surprise I had a flameout!

Regards,
Eric

PS Now, careful with smart comments on other possible uses for paraffin ā€“ the mods may get you!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58631.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	570455  
Old 12-02-2006, 02:06 PM
MaJ. Woody
My Feedback: (28)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Great job to all of you on your test flights!!
Is that black neoprene tubing such as Dubro. I used that before. I wonder if I should switch to something else. What is the bust tubing to use on the clunk line?
Dom
Old 12-02-2006, 02:17 PM
Jim Cattanach

Guys. I use a thin wall clear tubing made by Jamara for petrol (gasoline). It is very flexible & does not stiffen. I seem to recall BVM do a similar tubing.

Regards

Jim
Old 12-02-2006, 03:26 PM
Pantherman

Jim:

Congrats on the successful flights! I am glad to hear that you are having success with this airframe now that the new wing has been developed. Can't wait to give mine a go!

Woody
Old 12-03-2006, 06:24 PM
meps
My Feedback: (10)

Does anyone have video? What do you estimate the speed to be with the Bee? Do you think a Jetcat P-80 will be too much for this airframe?
Old 12-03-2006, 06:48 PM
MaJ. Woody
My Feedback: (28)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

My T-45 had a P-70 in it. The same engine is going into my new T-45. I would say the speed of this jet was 160 m.p.h. or so with this engine. Bob Wilcox said that my engine was putting out 19 lbs. of thrust. A P-80 is a bit larger and heavier.......if you can squeeze it in (engine rails would need to be opened up and subsequently strengthened) I think the airframe can handle it.

Dom
Old 12-04-2006, 06:50 AM
JLSE

Congratulations to all, itĀ“s great to see T-45 flying gently around.

CanĀ“t wait to get mine, I think I will fit a P-80 in it.

By the way Mike you can fly with us when ever you like, thereĀ“s no problem with the 72mhz frecuency.

Just mail me when you have the intention to come around.

All the best,
Jose.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:05 PM
initref

Hi Eric,
Just started on my JL T-45 with the new wing, can hardly wait ti fly it with a P-70 kero start. Have read through your article in RCJI and was wondering;

1) Did you have the same problem with sufficient aileron movement on the new wing, and if so did you heat the T.E. again?

2) Did you or anyone else thats flown the T-45 fit wing fences on the new wing for your flights?

rgds,
Barry
Old 12-05-2006, 05:08 PM
Eric Banner

ORIGINAL: initref

Hi Eric,
Just started on my JL T-45 with the new wing, can hardly wait ti fly it with a P-70 kero start. Have read through your article in RCJI and was wondering;

1) Did you have the same problem with sufficient aileron movement on the new wing, and if so did you heat the T.E. again?

2) Did you or anyone else thats flown the T-45 fit wing fences on the new wing for your flights?

rgds,
Barry
Hi Barry,

Yes, the new wing is the same at the TE. I heated the TE to give 15mm up and down unrestricted movement of the aileron.

I fitted fences to the new wing. See post #60 for photos.

Iā€™ve had five flights to date and the wing has shown no tendency to tip stall.

Your T-45 should be excellent with the P70 to drive it along!

Best regards,
Eric
Old 12-05-2006, 07:45 PM
mikedenilin

Hi Jose,

Thanks for the information. I am now traveling in China and got some stick time on my F86 Sabre and my friends' boomer. It's so cold, about 2C now and my fingers won't listen to my command, so the flights were bumpy. Good things that these Chinese spectators can't tell the difference between good and bad flights for them being the first time seeing a turbine model airplane.

I am going to put my artes falcon on my 2nd T45 that I just ordered from JL directly from China. I hope that the quality is going to be the same. I have problems buying Chinese made products in China. The quality is always lower in comparison to the Chinese made products that I buy in the States.

I would rather be in Spain flying with you guys. I boxed up my F15 so if next time I go to Europe I will stop by your airfield to check it out. Is it hot in the summer?

Mike
Old 12-06-2006, 09:21 AM
TJK
My Feedback: (69)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I know this is a sport-scale kit, but I have to know before ordering one; is there enough room in the new wing for the gear to fully retract if I reverse the struts to place the wheels outboard of the struts? Can the wheel well interior be modified to allow full retraction and gear door closing?

Thanks,

Tom

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.