Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JET Tronics Sequencer HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JET Tronics Sequencer HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-06-2012, 03:34 PM
csandt051196
My Feedback: (35)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JET Tronics Sequencer HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am using Jet Tronic valves and sequencer for my retracts in my 2m Vipor. When I first set the system up it worked in mode 3 perfectly, but the next day did not work at all. I have been messing with this for three weeks and finally have given up and decided to post. I have searched and found many good ideas, but none have worked.

The main gear have always gone up and down with my transmitter switch using the sequencer. The problem is the doors. The front door is plugged into D3 and the main gear doors are plugged into D1. The doors will not work when using the transmitter switch, but will when pressing the button on the individual valves. When moving the coding switch between D1, D2 and D3 the only door that functions with the transmitter switch is the front gear door. I simply can not get the main gear doors to operate in port D2 or D3.

I have tried to reset the sequencer, but that did not work. It sure does seem like my sequencer is not working correctly, but there should be some way to prove this. How?

Please any ideas would be appreciated. I know this should not be this hard, but I have seem to made it very hard.

Thanks for your time.

Scott
Old 09-06-2012, 08:07 PM
David Searles
My Feedback: (49)

Default RE: JET Tronics Sequencer HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott,

How old is your sequencer? I have had three of them do the exact same thing over time. They work perfectly for a season or two and then the problem you describe has occurred. If it's new, send it back to be replaced ,if not new, not really sure what can be done, as the cost of sending them back to Germany for service is prohibitive. The ones I have, I still use, but only in mode 1.

David S
Old 09-07-2012, 12:23 AM
David J Ruskin

I'd chuck the thing away and fit an Ultra Precision UP2 valve, then no more problems.

David
Old 09-07-2012, 02:06 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 732 Likes on 528 Posts

As Horst would advise to see if the sequencer works, you better put servos to the outputs D1,D2,D3. In this case you see whats going on. If the valves are adjusted wrong for some reason, you will never get the right switching point of those.

Dave

UP valves are great too ;-)

Old 09-07-2012, 10:25 PM
Justflying1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HI,
Before throwing it away I would pull it apart, and see if there is a battery in it.
With most electronic devices that have a memory there is a battery neededfor the data to be stored when the unit is switched off.
These batteries usually last for 5-10 years and after this your data will no longer be kept and you will have to reset the unit every time its turned back on.
I had this problem with a GPS unit which I easily fixed by replacing the internal battery whichon some models are soldered in place.
Not saying for sure its your problem but it mite beworth your while checking this before throwing it over the shoulder.
Ivan