Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Would you buy a Skymaster Jet

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Would you buy a Skymaster Jet

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 06:06 AM
Ghiamonster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Son of a....

My initial inquiry started back on June 9 by emailing the address [email protected] which was one of 3 email addresses on the Skymaster site, F-5 / F-20 page -
http://www.skymasterjet.com/f5.htm

Was he still a dealer in June 2014? Is this the "live" Skymaster site?

Time to start the PayPal process. Thank you so much for the heads up!

Before I go, can you give me a list of REPUTABLE Skymaster dealers? Or can I order direct from you?

Mike
Old 10-27-2014, 07:35 AM
Flynstuff
My Feedback: (29)

UPDATE...

To all curreent customers that have SKYMASTER orders.
we are currently working to finish up orders with SKYMASTER. Unfortunately we are finding out that there are are some orders that did not process for production and we will be working with the customers to get this Situation dealt with ASAP

We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused. SKYMASTER is still a very reputable company. This was unfortunately due to other issues.

thank you.
Old 10-27-2014, 08:05 AM
737Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey folks, new to this thread. Bought a Skymaster Viperjet 2.6M at Buttonwillow, and was looking for a forum thread to that airplane. Anyone know where to find that specific thread?

Thanks!

Tom
Old 10-27-2014, 12:01 PM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ghiamonster
Son of a....

My initial inquiry started back on June 9 by emailing the address [email protected] which was one of 3 email addresses on the Skymaster site, F-5 / F-20 page -
http://www.skymasterjet.com/f5.htm

Was he still a dealer in June 2014? Is this the "live" Skymaster site?

Time to start the PayPal process. Thank you so much for the heads up!

Before I go, can you give me a list of REPUTABLE Skymaster dealers? Or can I order direct from you?

Mike
Mike,

I've ordered 2 jets from Skymaster and dealt directly with John both times. Both times everything went really well. John has always answered all my questions promptly and been very helpful with the few minor issues I've had. Both experiences were very positive and the service I received both before and after the sale has been outstanding..
Old 10-27-2014, 01:24 PM
Ghiamonster

Oh, I have no doubt. Had I known that I could have dealt directly I would have. Wasn't aware Violett was a dealer either or I would have dealt with him.
I just feel like I'm led on and lied to. According to Jeff, HE stopped dealing (2 months ago) with SkyMaster because of all
the "issues" he had with them. Nice that we could have mentioned that sometime in our correspondence.J

John's statement on the other hand would lead me to believe that SkyMaster dropped RC Turbine Jets as a dealer.

Please believe me, I have NO problems SkyMaster at this point. Jeff sent an email to me explaining that he has multiple pending orders and myp
lanes is on this list. Says if they indeed haven't started my order he'd refund the deposit. Once I get that back I'll deal with John directly.

Was really hoping to have this thing in the air BEFORE the end of the year.
Old 10-27-2014, 02:10 PM
mikedenilin
My Feedback: (67)

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Hi Mike,

Let me know if you need help in getting SM over here. We are also a dealer for SM product line. Our website would be updated with SM line for 2015. We have some containers coming out from China regularly, so we can piggy back your order to California. You can either go through us or John directly. Regardless, we can help you get your jet over. Contact [email protected] and ask for Jose or Wendy. They will help you out.

Regards

Mike
Old 10-27-2014, 03:33 PM
LASHMETT75
My Feedback: (20)

When I ordered my EDF Viperjet I had to wait 6 month and I paid in full at the time of purchase. Sometime good things take time. I had to email the vendor ( here in US ) and ask for updates
Old 10-27-2014, 05:07 PM
Ghiamonster

Originally Posted by mikedenilin
Hi Mike,

Let me know if you need help in getting SM over here. We are also a dealer for SM product line. Our website would be updated with SM line for 2015. We have some containers coming out from China regularly, so we can piggy back your order to California. You can either go through us or John directly. Regardless, we can help you get your jet over. Contact [email protected] and ask for Jose or Wendy. They will help you out.

Regards

Mike
Thank you very much! As soon as I can get my deposit back I'll be in the market!
At this point even if RCJT indicates success in getting SkyMaster to build the plane, I just don't trust him anymore. Too many inconsistencies in all the communications
I've had in the last month and a half.

Thanks again,
Mike
Old 10-27-2014, 07:33 PM
NICKELUP
My Feedback: (82)

Deleted

Last edited by NICKELUP; 10-27-2014 at 07:39 PM.
Old 10-27-2014, 07:38 PM
NICKELUP
My Feedback: (82)

Originally Posted by 737Driver
Hey folks, new to this thread. Bought a Skymaster Viperjet 2.6M at Buttonwillow, and was looking for a forum thread to that airplane. Anyone know where to find that specific thread?

Thanks!

Tom
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...ter-viper.html
Old 10-27-2014, 07:58 PM
Ghiamonster

Viper would be my other choice. I notice the required thrust is 16-21lb - a 120 I'd imagine? I've got a Kingtech 140 (30lb). Would this fit? Even if it did, I'd suppose the
fuel requirement would shorten flights a bit considering it's probably got a tank sized for the smaller engine? Putting smoke on whichever plane I end up with so there's
a fuselage space consideration as well.
Old 10-27-2014, 08:24 PM
737Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you NICKELUP!

Tom
Old 10-27-2014, 08:26 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Glad to see GJC picking up skymaster stuff. Thanks for letting us know!

Originally Posted by mikedenilin
Hi Mike,

Regards

Mike
Old 10-27-2014, 08:27 PM
Pepperpete

John has helped me out on all three of my SM orders. No problems and good communications.
Old 10-28-2014, 04:48 AM
DocYates
My Feedback: (102)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have bought two from SM thru BVM in the past year. Both deals went as described. Delivered in a atimely fashion and the communication was great. Patty stays on top of it. No problems with the SM / BVM relationship as far as I am concerned and would not hesitate to do business with them again.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:52 AM
toolmaker7341

Originally Posted by DocYates
I have bought two from SM thru BVM in the past year. Both deals went as described. Delivered in a atimely fashion and the communication was great. Patty stays on top of it. No problems with the SM / BVM relationship as far as I am concerned and would not hesitate to do business with them again.
Same here I purchased a 2m Viper (yes a 120-140 will fit no problem) from BVM excellent quality and all was a smooth transaction working with Patty. I will purchase my next jet (1/6 F-16 ) from them.
Old 10-28-2014, 01:50 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

hmmm i have run into a few small things dealing with them, painting before that got verification on the right colors and delays on shipping. Nothing major just annoying is all, still waiting on my avanti that was done over two weeks ago.

next time I will do things a little different but will still buy from them if they have what im looking for.

Last edited by FenderBean; 10-28-2014 at 02:02 PM.
Old 10-28-2014, 06:11 PM
PowerBoxDanny
My Feedback: (47)

Chief aircraft will have skymaster jets in stock next month and continue to inventory some of the more popular models. Check the website for airframes that will be here next month ready for delivery. Next inventory order goes next month so get your orders in and receive free freight to our location in Deland Florida! Chiefaircraft.com
Old 10-28-2014, 07:50 PM
Kenrico

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

Danny, what is the ETA of the following order?
Old 10-28-2014, 08:16 PM
MANFRED
My Feedback: (27)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered and paid for an A-10 EDF in January!!! Here it is October and I still have no ship. I don't understand how they can stay in business when it takes 9 plus months to produce 1 ship!!
Old 10-28-2014, 09:40 PM
johnzqh

Originally Posted by MANFRED
I ordered and paid for an A-10 EDF in January!!! Here it is October and I still have no ship. I don't understand how they can stay in business when it takes 9 plus months to produce 1 ship!!
It is surprising.The only A-10 EDF in productino now was ordered by BVM two weeks ago.Please check with seller you ordered through to see what happened.

Best regards

John
Skymaster
Old 10-29-2014, 12:25 AM
johnzqh

Hi All

In case of inconsistent infromation between end customer and factory,we have decided to build a tracking system on our website.In this tracking system,Once you enter the invoice number(issued by factory) and click,the status of kit order will display in front of you.If the status is not shown,it means the kit is not produced yet because order is not confirmed with payment.The systme is updated once a week.The system will be available shortly.We believe it will clear up inconsistency of communications and customers have correct infromation.

Best regards

John
Skymaster

Last edited by johnzqh; 10-29-2014 at 12:33 AM.
Old 10-29-2014, 06:32 AM
j.c.a.
My Feedback: (2)

Excellent Idea, once again you go above and beyond to service your customers

J.C. Alvarez
Old 10-29-2014, 06:50 AM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by johnzqh
Hi All

In case of inconsistent infromation between end customer and factory,we have decided to build a tracking system on our website.In this tracking system,Once you enter the invoice number(issued by factory) and click,the status of kit order will display in front of you.If the status is not shown,it means the kit is not produced yet because order is not confirmed with payment.The systme is updated once a week.The system will be available shortly.We believe it will clear up inconsistency of communications and customers have correct infromation.
I applaud Skymaster for providing this level of transparency. Its very worrisome if a customer cannot trust the local dealer to put their order with the mfg, leading to potentially losing their money (and yes, I have been there!)
Old 10-29-2014, 07:42 AM
MANFRED
My Feedback: (27)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered thru RCjet turbine and Jeff assured me the plane was finished. Last Saturday he sent me pics of the ship that came from the factory. Are you telling me you don't have an A-10 edf with invasion stripes that I paid for being sent to me?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.