Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Would you buy a Skymaster Jet

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Would you buy a Skymaster Jet

Old 10-29-2014, 07:51 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

John any news on my Avant? Eric Clapp has been in contact with you about my orders. It was done over two weeks ago, I received pictures showing the jet and the special paint scheme. Thanks
Old 10-29-2014, 08:09 AM
Ghiamonster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At least you have pictures! All I've been getting since mid-September was -

"Hmmm. Plane SHOULD be ready. Having trouble getting info from the factory. I'll get back to you ASAP."

Just sent another email to him to give be invoice number(s) and some "list" he supposedly has that shows my plane is supposed to be ready early September.
He can't produce, he needs to refund my deposit so I can order from a REPUTABLE dealer.

Last edited by Ghiamonster; 10-29-2014 at 08:10 AM. Reason: misspelled word "send" SB "sent"
Old 10-29-2014, 09:20 AM
Ghiamonster

Originally Posted by MANFRED
I ordered thru RCjet turbine and Jeff assured me the plane was finished. Last Saturday he sent me pics of the ship that came from the factory. Are you telling me you don't have an A-10 edf with invasion stripes that I paid for being sent to me?
I got a "list" from Jeff...looks like your order and mine are on it for Sept.:

Ready end of Aug.: Super Hornet X-F18F ship to RC Turbine Jets (but as of today I haven’t heard from John is ready to ship or not)
Ready on Sept.: A-10 Tan camo ship F20 AF120 combo ship
Anyone "own" the F-18?
Old 10-29-2014, 09:58 AM
toolmaker7341

Originally Posted by MANFRED
I ordered thru RCjet turbine and Jeff assured me the plane was finished. Last Saturday he sent me pics of the ship that came from the factory. Are you telling me you don't have an A-10 edf with invasion stripes that I paid for being sent to me?
Sounds like it wasn't ordered from Skymaster
Old 10-29-2014, 10:14 AM
dboyle
My Feedback: (58)

If anybody would like some additional help with some followup with Skymaster, please let me know.

I am an authorized dealer for Skymaster (please see there dealer list)

I can contact John or Anton Direct.

Just trying to help, I personnally only ran into a major delay once (knock on wood) this summer with there back log. a 10-12 week delivery took 20 weeks and I discounted the customer for the incovienience.

Doug Boyle
[email protected]
www.jetnorthjets.com
Old 10-29-2014, 10:56 AM
Ghiamonster

The problem (mine anyways) is NOT with Skymaster. It's Jeff over at RC Jet Turbines. Apparently USED to be a dealer - not as of a couple months ago according to Skymaster.
There are more than a couple people - me included - that have put in orders, most with hefty deposits and haven't seen product or gotten anything but (empty) promises from Jeff.
He's always looking into things, blaming Skymaster for delays, "give me a couple days, end of week", etc.

I've also heard from other sources that they've had orders in the pipe since a YEAR ago that he's even sent pictures and received the final payment - MONTHS ago - and still nothing.

I've already been to PayPal and they can't do anything beyond 45 days, so now I have to call the bank and see if they can recover my deposit.

Again, this is NOT Skymaster's fault, just a shady (ex) dealer.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:06 AM
dboyle

Absolutley, and i hope all works out.

I can atleast send an email with your name and shipping address and your exact order to verify if the item was paid for and actual shipping date?

One thing I can tell you is unless you asked to pick it up from a dealer, we supply all customers shipping info at time of order as the product is shipped direct to your house.

so verifying if your order was even placed is easy.

again, just trying to help you guys if you need it...
Old 10-29-2014, 11:15 AM
dboyle

One other thing I forgot to mention is when a customers jet is ready, John always sends the DHL tracking number so I can pass along to customer. And 5 -7 days it arrives.. always.....I assume nobody has received that yet?
Old 10-29-2014, 11:27 AM
lpriis

Planing to get me a F15 x-treme jet combo. You think my Behotec jp66 is ok? and is the speedbrake sylinders included? Kind regards Lars

Old 10-29-2014, 11:33 AM
Ghiamonster

Originally Posted by dboyle
One other thing I forgot to mention is when a customers jet is ready, John always sends the DHL tracking number so I can pass along to customer. And 5 -7 days it arrives.. always.....I assume nobody has received that yet?
Yeah, no. Supposed to get pictures of the packed plane as well. Nothing but promises from Jeff. I can't even get a straight answer as to the status of the whole order. As far as John is concerned he never received the deposit, therefore didn't start work.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:39 AM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Its a catch 22. Give the money to the dealer (to avoid sending it to China and to deal with a local guy) and then the dealer can rip you off. Deal directly with the manufacturer (to avoid a dealer) resulting in sending your money out of the country, with no recourse in case of problems

I know there are several good reputable dealers out there. I have done business with several myself. However its not evident that if mfg is reputable, we should send the money to the dealer and not the manufacturer. Maybe the best is to send the payment to the manufacturer while the dealer manages the order (the dealer gets paid by the mfg). Isn't this the way CARF does it?
Old 10-29-2014, 02:02 PM
mackeyjones

Hmm, id be thinking about getting a dealer charged with fraud if they were causing this much trouble..Had to do it once after waiting an extended period of time for a turbine..Had nothing to do with the Aus Distributer or the Manufacturer.
Old 10-29-2014, 02:48 PM
PowerBoxDanny
My Feedback: (47)

Middle of Next month Kenrico, we have another order going in next week for 20 kits or so.

Originally Posted by Kenrico
Danny, what is the ETA of the following order?
Old 10-29-2014, 02:51 PM
PowerBoxDanny
My Feedback: (47)

John, that is an awesome idea and that is why we stand behind Skymaster. The customer support is great and development for customers to feel comfortable with their purchase is constantly in development. Great Job!

Originally Posted by johnzqh
Hi All

In case of inconsistent infromation between end customer and factory,we have decided to build a tracking system on our website.In this tracking system,Once you enter the invoice number(issued by factory) and click,the status of kit order will display in front of you.If the status is not shown,it means the kit is not produced yet because order is not confirmed with payment.The systme is updated once a week.The system will be available shortly.We believe it will clear up inconsistency of communications and customers have correct infromation.

Best regards

John
Skymaster
Old 10-29-2014, 05:24 PM
Kenrico

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by SkunkWerkz
Middle of Next month Kenrico, we have another order going in next week for 20 kits or so.
thanks! Danny,
Old 10-29-2014, 09:44 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I deal directly with John and Anton and get great service and communication. I can't be more pleased with Skymaster.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:12 AM
DocYates
My Feedback: (102)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

IN both of my last orders thru BVM I got the item before I ever received the shipping number. I call that exceptional service. Paid half up front, and when I got the photos of the completed paint for approval I paid the second helf. Got both planes within a week of payment. I think it is all about selecting the right dealer in most cases. I would not hesitate to buy another SM product at his point.
Old 10-30-2014, 01:57 PM
Ghiamonster

Ok, news update. I DID get my deposit back from Jeff today, so I'm ready to try this again.
I've sent a quote request to John at Skymaster...I'll get that damn F-20 yet!
Old 10-30-2014, 03:02 PM
dboyle

You Folks can also go through Eric Clapp from Jet Central,

Eric has a great relationship with Jet North and Skymaster..
Old 12-21-2014, 08:45 PM
Ghiamonster

Ok! All the dust has settled and I'm now in possession of a Skymaster F-20. I'm now muddling through the instructions - I say "muddling" because the instructions CLAIM to be for F-5 AND F-20.
No pictures of F-20 installation details and most major details/linkages are DIFFERENT. So far a very frustration build. For instance I had to figure out how the rudder servo/linkage was supposed to
be set up. The F-5 apparently has a HATCH and exposed linkage (for the rudderS - F5 and F-20 have a single fin, instructions refer in many places to vertical stabilizers). the F-20 has no hatch, therefore,
I assume, hidden linkage. While waiting for a response from Skymaster (which I still have not received), I re-examined the supplied control horns and noticed one was shaped a bit oddly. I supposed that this
was the hidden control horn. Long story short, I mocked up how I thought the linkage should be and it looked good. I've installed the servo and linkage and all works great.

Now on to the reason for this post...

Ailerons/flaps. I'm using Futaba S.Bus servos. I like the wiring simplicity. So I get to the wings and am trying to fit the aileron servo, a Futaba S3071HV. Too deep! Now I know why the instructions suggest
the JR3301 - low-profile wing servo. Ok, my bad. I didn't pay attention to the instructions' suggestion - figured it was for F-5, anyway.

So now I'm looking for a Futaba S.Bus WING servo. Are there any SLIM S.Bus servos??
Old 12-21-2014, 09:43 PM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The S173 has 94 oz of torque, not sure if it will fit. Or, use a PWM adaptor and the recommended JR servo??

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #f0f0f0"]SPECIFICATIONS[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Torque: 105.6 oz-in (7.6 kg-cm) @ 7.4V
94.5 oz-in (6.8 kg-cm) @ 6.6V
Speed: 0.10 sec/60° @ 7.4V
0.11 sec/60° @ 6.6V
Dimensions: 1.30 x 0.59 x 1.07" (33 x 15 x 27.1mm)
Weight: 0.99 oz (28 g)
Power Requirements: DC 6V to 7.4V
Old 12-22-2014, 01:16 AM
Levi Wags

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

http://www.intairco.net/products.php...8.3Kg-%40-7.4v
Old 12-22-2014, 02:01 AM
Ghiamonster

Of the 2, the S671 looks to be the one and closest in terms of torque.

Thanks all!
Old 12-26-2014, 09:36 PM
gogster2k

Hello all. Just found this thread about RC Turbine Jets and I am also one of his "customers" that had ordered a SkyEmaster A10 from him back in January soon after the AMA show in Ontario. I am still waiting for my refund from Jeff. Is anyone else still in this situation?
Old 12-27-2014, 01:23 AM
Ghiamonster

I got my refund within a week of posting here (and finding out he hasn't been a dealer since mid-summer). Just keep pestering/threatening (with legal action).

After I got the refund I ordered through Bob Violett and the F-20 was built and shipping pictures received in THREE WEEKS. I think John purposely sped the
build along because of my issues with Jeff. Received the jet by the following week and am about 75% done with the assembly.

I think my timely refund was a direct result of posting and calling out Jeff here in the forum. I thank you all for the information and support as well!
And thank you John!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.