Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Would you buy a Skymaster Jet

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Would you buy a Skymaster Jet

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 06:28 AM
gogster2k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ghiamonster
I got my refund within a week of posting here (and finding out he hasn't been a dealer since mid-summer). Just keep pestering/threatening (with legal action).

After I got the refund I ordered through Bob Violett and the F-20 was built and shipping pictures received in THREE WEEKS. I think John purposely sped the
build along because of my issues with Jeff. Received the jet by the following week and am about 75% done with the assembly.

I think my timely refund was a direct result of posting and calling out Jeff here in the forum. I thank you all for the information and support as well!
And thank you John!
Thanks for your response Ghiamonster. I'm glad you got your money back and I hope I don't have to resort to legal action to get mines. I'll see what happens tonight with Jeff and go from there. I will keep you-all posted. I have't decided on who I should order from next but I understand that there are several recently authorized dealers that now sell SkyMaster. We'll see what happens next. Thanks again.
Old 12-27-2014, 07:04 AM
MANFRED
My Feedback: (27)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine got dragged out for 10 months, Jeff blamed it on many factors. After a ton of phone calls to him, I finally received my A-10. Wish I had dealt with the manufacturer from the beginning. Plane looks awesome though.
Old 12-27-2014, 10:01 AM
mikedenilin
My Feedback: (67)

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Your best bet to get reliable services and products is to go either direct with Skymaster or dealers that operate professionally with physical presence. Global Jet and BVM are running operations with full time staff. We won't be able to do that without sustainable business practice. We can't satisfy everyone but at least we offer multiple choices for you to get jets from reliable sources. If you are buying from dealers who do moonlight jobs and don't have formal business address, you are risking your money.

here are some photos of our California warehouses and China showrooms.
Happy New Jet Year.

Mike

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	513
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	2058092   Click image for larger version

Views:	540
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	2058094   Click image for larger version

Views:	534
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	2058095   Click image for larger version

Views:	465
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	2058096   Click image for larger version

Views:	509
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	2058098  
Old 12-27-2014, 10:24 AM
David Jackson
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I purchased my last 2 airframes from Global Jets, their service, communication, and support were outstanding. When Skymaster is ready to release their large F-18, I will be contacting Global again.

Last edited by David Jackson; 12-27-2014 at 06:10 PM.
Old 12-27-2014, 10:36 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

You sound like me lol, I'm new to the team but feel free to give me a shout when and if you need anything with gjc. You have some almost local support!
Old 12-27-2014, 04:20 PM
jws_aces
My Feedback: (33)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just received my EF2000 from Lowell and Jose of GJC. Great to deal with and did a great job of keeping me inform on what was happening. My jet was held up slightly by the port problems in CA. No big deal. The kit arrived with no damage and looks awesome.

First full kit. Have bought a lot of parts for FB kits I purchased used. Great service then and that is why I purchased the kit from them.

Will be doing business again with them.
Old 12-27-2014, 05:19 PM
gogster2k

Hello Manfred. Yeah, mines is dragging for 10 months now and I am expecting to hear from Jeff tonight to see what the next step is. Man, I was so expecting to have my A10 about 6 months ago, but here we are. I envy you right now! Enjoy yours!
Old 12-27-2014, 05:21 PM
gogster2k

Originally Posted by FenderBean
You sound like me lol, I'm new to the team but feel free to give me a shout when and if you need anything with gjc. You have some almost local support!
Thanks Fenderbean. I will seriously consider GJC.
Old 12-27-2014, 05:24 PM
gogster2k

Originally Posted by jws_aces
I just received my EF2000 from Lowell and Jose of GJC. Great to deal with and did a great job of keeping me inform on what was happening. My jet was held up slightly by the port problems in CA. No big deal. The kit arrived with no damage and looks awesome.

First full kit. Have bought a lot of parts for FB kits I purchased used. Great service then and that is why I purchased the kit from them.

Will be doing business again with them.
Thanks jws_aces. I have talked a a couple of GJC's people about another aircraft before. Now that they carry the BV created SMJ A10, I will seriously consider them.
Old 12-27-2014, 05:27 PM
gogster2k

Originally Posted by mikedenilin
Your best bet to get reliable services and products is to go either direct with Skymaster or dealers that operate professionally with physical presence. Global Jet and BVM are running operations with full time staff. We won't be able to do that without sustainable business practice. We can't satisfy everyone but at least we offer multiple choices for you to get jets from reliable sources. If you are buying from dealers who do moonlight jobs and don't have formal business address, you are risking your money.

here are some photos of our California warehouses and China showrooms.
Happy New Jet Year.

Mike

Yeah, I learned the hard way. Jeff was present at the AMA Expo last year and I thought I wouldn't have any issues. GJC is on my list for consideration for the BV SMJ A10.
Thanks!
Old 12-27-2014, 05:28 PM
gogster2k

Originally Posted by David Jackson
I purchased my last 2 airframe from Global Jets, their service, communication, and support were outstanding. When Skymaster is ready to release their large F-18, I will be contacting Global again.
Thanks for your input David.
Old 12-28-2014, 07:51 AM
Bolshoi
My Feedback: (2)

Originally Posted by MANFRED
Mine got dragged out for 10 months, Jeff blamed it on many factors. After a ton of phone calls to him, I finally received my A-10. Wish I had dealt with the manufacturer from the beginning. Plane looks awesome though.

Gentleman,

Unfortunately I was one of Jeff's initial customers, I also waited through various excuses for 10 months. Finally I contacted Anton directly on facebook, he replied in minutes and stated that he was awaiting full payment. He had never received a deposit ( I paid in full including shipping on Skymaster's reputation). I send pictures of my cancelled check and a copy of Jeff's invoice. Anton shipped it immediately.

Long story short, Jeff was running a bit of a Panzi scheme, stealing money from one order and paying for it with the next, thus the delays. I'm not interested in fueling drama by explaining the details of how much $ he has taken and from how many guys, but it is substantial. Anton and his close associates are working hard to sort this out, and are financially taking it on the chin in order to do so. Anton and the folks at skymaster are honorable guys, they certainly are not to be confused with the likes of FEJ etc. In fact Jeff used this prejudice as the excuse for the delays in receiving my order, he would say "you know how these Chinese companies are". Let's stand behind Skymaster in this case and publicly place the blame at the feet of the jagoff that deserves it. Moderators have at it.

Cheers Gents
Old 12-28-2014, 04:21 PM
johnzqh

Originally Posted by Bolshoi
Gentleman,

Unfortunately I was one of Jeff's initial customers, I also waited through various excuses for 10 months. Finally I contacted Anton directly on facebook, he replied in minutes and stated that he was awaiting full payment. He had never received a deposit ( I paid in full including shipping on Skymaster's reputation). I send pictures of my cancelled check and a copy of Jeff's invoice. Anton shipped it immediately.

Long story short, Jeff was running a bit of a Panzi scheme, stealing money from one order and paying for it with the next, thus the delays. I'm not interested in fueling drama by explaining the details of how much $ he has taken and from how many guys, but it is substantial. Anton and his close associates are working hard to sort this out, and are financially taking it on the chin in order to do so. Anton and the folks at skymaster are honorable guys, they certainly are not to be confused with the likes of FEJ etc. In fact Jeff used this prejudice as the excuse for the delays in receiving my order, he would say "you know how these Chinese companies are". Let's stand behind Skymaster in this case and publicly place the blame at the feet of the jagoff that deserves it. Moderators have at it.

Cheers Gents
Thank you for support.Just one thing to clarify.We insist on shipment after payment as normal business practice.After Jeff promised to send back RTF Avanti as credit for covering balance owed to factory,the kit was delivered.

Best regards

John
Skymaster
Old 12-28-2014, 05:35 PM
Bolshoi
My Feedback: (2)

Right, my point was that you guys took care of my order immediately after I had provided proof of payment. Thanks again!
Old 12-28-2014, 06:26 PM
FenderBean

Hmm I paid in full on my order over two weeks ago and still no jet? Eric has had no luck on getting any info either so he told me to ask you and Anton.
Originally Posted by johnzqh
Thank you for support.Just one thing to clarify.We insist on shipment after payment as normal business practice.After Jeff promised to send back RTF Avanti as credit for covering balance owed to factory,the kit was delivered.

Best regards

John
Skymaster

Last edited by FenderBean; 12-28-2014 at 06:29 PM.
Old 12-28-2014, 06:49 PM
johnzqh

Hi Keith

The kit was collected by dhl agent/courier on 19th.i can show you proof by mail if you want.As i explained in the other post,dhl limit the quantity of shipping of orders as it is busy season.They just replied all shipments will get normal as before after this month is finished.I apologize for delay though it is dhl issue.

i'll keep you informed of progress.

Best regards

John
skymaster
Old 12-28-2014, 07:50 PM
Ghiamonster

Yeah, my jet hit L.A. a day and a half after it left the factory then spent almost a week going in and out of Customs. Apparently, the shipping company Skymaster uses as the go between to DHL
is on some "No Ship" list - sort of a no-fly but for freight. Turned out to be a mistake and customs finally released the plane. To DHL's credit, they got the plane here (Las Vegas) the next day.

I feel for John/Skymaster, et.al. Between shady dealers and shipping delays, jeez,
Old 12-28-2014, 08:15 PM
FenderBean

If DHL picked up they should have provided a tracking number.
Old 12-28-2014, 11:26 PM
johnzqh

Originally Posted by FenderBean
If DHL picked up they should have provided a tracking number.
I just sent you email to explain.Please check.

Best regards

John
Skymaster
Old 12-29-2014, 10:18 AM
FenderBean

Thanks John, I received and understand. I am very nervous about 10k sitting around waiting to get shipped, I have seen first hand what happens to these boxes when they sit around. They end up getting soaked from sitting in water, crushed from various things and so on, just hope DHL takes care of these things while they are waiting to ship. Thanks for responding, the worse thing to do is not let people know so thanks for the info.
Old 12-30-2014, 01:27 PM
A343
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We were two here in DK who ordered 2 x F4 1/7.5 TWIN's directly from SM. Unfortunately some mix-up with our orders was made and we received 2 x SINGLE's. Quick msg to John, who apologized for the flaw and immediately initiated production of two of the correct version. The single's were picked up by a Scandinavian SM rep after we had the new ones on our door step. Thank's John!
Old 12-30-2014, 07:21 PM
Springbok Flyer

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

So I guess, to answer the initial question as asked on this thread - 'Will you buy a Skymaster Jet?' We have to answer 'YES'.

YES, for all the reasons already mentioned, but most of all YES because they standby their product and they sort out issues quickly and properly when they need to.

I have no commercial interest here, but I have experience with turbine kits and manufacturers of these since 1997 - and long before that with RC flying stuff in general. So far I have owned and built more than 20 Skymaster jets and have no problem recommending their products.

Happy New Year to you all and may 2015 bring us even more delightful models from Skymaster.

Cheers,

Jan
Old 02-12-2015, 09:59 AM
gogster2k

John
I had Emailed you regarding ordering my A10 about 2 weeks ago but I did not hear from you, so I placed the order via C/A on 02/10.
Old 04-28-2017, 09:30 AM
Mikey5547

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Wasn't sure where to ask this but was wondering if Skymaster will be adding anything new to X-treme jets any time soon? The big skymaster planes are amazing but a bit large and expensive... maybe a 1/8th F15 or mid size Rafale would be nice.
Old 05-04-2017, 03:59 AM
Ceeray

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I am impressed. I asked for replacement parts for SM Mig-29 strut ( valve and o-ring), and those showed on my doorstep today, without any other questions! Thanks!

Good aftersales!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.