Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

PCM Tristar

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

PCM Tristar

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 12:19 PM
JetsRC

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default PCM Tristar

Hi guys, I got a friend here that wants to get a Tristar from PCM. I tryed to contact them but no luck. Anyone out there flying one of this? Any coments? Finishing on the model, mods required, etc...

http://www.flypcm.com/TriStar.htm

If someone from PCM y looking here please contact me.

Michel
Old 12-13-2006, 12:27 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts
Default RE: PCM Tristar

Michel,

There is someone selling atleast two of these on RCU right now, I think they both have P-80's in them. If I remember correctly, he had flown one of them? I s/w him a few times over the phone as I was looking at his tristars with some interest. He seemed very reasonable. Billy (the guy who has that really big twin P-120 A-10) also has some video of him flying his tristar here on RCU somewhere.....

Good luck and have fun!

Raf
Old 12-13-2006, 12:33 PM
smokin-gun
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PAT MC CURRY CLOSED UP SHOP AND CURRENTLY WORKS FOR BVM NOW
Old 12-13-2006, 12:48 PM
jetpower

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

look at his site now
did so 5 minutes ago his sit is online there is some explanation on selling kits and parts.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:50 PM
JetsRC

Thanks Raf and G.Kerr, I'll see what I can find around RCU. My friend is looking for an airliner not too big, so the request will be hard to meet.

Anyway if someone know any links to other airliners kits or ARF please post them here.

Michel
Old 12-13-2006, 12:59 PM
JetsRC

ORIGINAL: jetpower

look at his site now
did so 5 minutes ago his sit is online there is some explanation on selling kits and parts.
It seems things are not going too well there, the AV8R seems to be gone...[]
Old 12-13-2006, 02:39 PM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

As stated previously, Pat is working for BVM full-time and apparently does PCM Models stuff on the side on weekends and such. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for an L1011 kit direct from him at this point. I know there is a backlog of ordered and paid for kits that still need to be delivered.

If you want a variety of subjects and re willing to work from a short kit and basic wing plans from which you have to cut your own foam (or get it cut by a third party), take a look at these:

http://rauch-airliner.com/Introduction.htm

Norbert sells the fiberglass parts and he'll answer right up with info. and prices if you email him.

Bob
Old 12-13-2006, 05:09 PM
Billy
My Feedback: (15)

Hey Mdurand, Here is the link to my L1011 madien. It flys OK. I don't have a gyro on the rudder but some guys use one. I can see why because at slower speeds it dances around a bit. If you have any questions feel free to PM me. I don't think you'll get much of an answer from Pat as he has moved on to " bigger and better". To bad cause he has a nice product. I have a p-80 in mine, but if I did it all over I would probably put a p-70 or so. I only fly it at half stick, she really moves. Talk to ya, Billy Edwards..
Here's the link http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_83...18/key_/tm.htm It's down about half way on the page.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:05 PM
charlieoneseven

mdurand Is your friend looking for an airframe for turbine, DF, nitro/prop or EDF? There are smaller EDF models available if you have looked at that forum you'll see most of them being discussed. I just started one of the Rauch airliners last month it is 111" long with the fuse dia. 8" origionally designed for props but I am using Wren's Gold 44's in mine.
I plan to split the fuse into 2 sections for transport in a 6' pickup bed with the wing in one piece. I just saw one that would make a great scratch build the "Piperjet" it has a single engine in the tail with straight ducting like the DC-10 #2 design. www.newpiper.com/piperjet
Old 12-13-2006, 06:11 PM
Billy
My Feedback: (15)

Also If your into private jets, Aviation Designs has a pretty cool looking one. It's set up for a single turbine.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:26 PM
uncleTom
My Feedback: (30)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What a shame!
Old 12-13-2006, 10:27 PM
mdelzer

Along with the ones for sale on here, this one featured on pats site in the front of the picture was for sale at http://www.bobshobbycenter.com/ still when I was there in early September. It has been on the ceiling there since early last spring. I believe it's last flight had a landing gear issue with the front wheels coming off on landing. There is a couple scuffs on the bottoms of the engines and maybe a wing tip, but that was it. It has a turbine in it (dunno what?) and as far as I know is mostly ready to go.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mj24771.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	576775  
Old 12-13-2006, 10:30 PM
mdelzer

ORIGINAL:
I just saw one that would make a great scratch build the "Piperjet" it has a single engine in the tail with straight ducting like the DC-10 #2 design. www.newpiper.com/piperjet

I saw this one last week too, it would be great to build one that is sized for a wren 44. Or maybe even smaller for that new artes if it ever comes out.

Mark
Old 12-14-2006, 10:11 AM
JetsRC

Thanks for all the info guys, my friend wants a turbine jet, no EDF or glow. We did check out the Aviation Design, absolutelly wonderfull, but my friend found it too big, I think maybe he needs to get a bigger car first...

Michel
Old 12-16-2006, 03:13 AM
Eddie P
My Feedback: (4)

The new Falcon 7X due out looks to be an amazing replacement for anyone looking to get a PCM L-1011. Not an airliner, but the same idea as it's a model of Dassault's latest ultra high end 3 engine business jet. Upcoming release from Aviation Design.
Old 12-16-2006, 08:06 AM
fumus

ORIGINAL: Eddie P

The new Falcon 7X due out looks to be an amazing replacement for anyone looking to get a PCM L-1011. Not an airliner, but the same idea as it's a model of Dassault's latest ultra high end 3 engine business jet. Upcoming release from Aviation Design.
You can't say the Falcon is a replacement as it is much bigger than PCM's L-1011. I don't know the Falcon's selling price but it will be much more expensive, several thousands US$ more. This plane is not comparable to the small Tristar.
Old 12-16-2006, 01:31 PM
mdelzer

BTW, for anyone who hasn't seen the Tri-Star in person, it's not exactly small either. It's just small in comparison to the other airliner/biz jet kits out there.

Mark
Old 12-16-2006, 03:10 PM
Eddie P

I suppose if the Tristar isn't available anymore then it is a "forced" replacement, but you are right, the 7X is a big, big project!!
Old 12-19-2006, 07:56 AM
fumus

ORIGINAL: mdelzer

BTW, for anyone who hasn't seen the Tri-Star in person, it's not exactly small either. It's just small in comparison to the other airliner/biz jet kits out there.

Mark
You are right, PCM's Tristar is only small in comparison to other airliners like the above mentioned Falcon or most of the Rauch airliners. Its dimensions are not small really.

It would have been a little bigger if PCM had chosen the standard L-1011's fuselage length for his modelplane, and not the L-1011-500 with its shorter fuselage. As far as I know only 20 percent of the real aircraft's production run have been of that variant.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:22 PM
B777

Does anyone know if PCM Tristar is still available somewhere?

Thanks
Old 11-25-2008, 11:46 PM
Harley Condra

Pat is no longer with BVM Jets.
As far as I know, he has been gone since late 2007 or early 2008.

Sorry, but I don't know how to get in touch with him.

Old 11-26-2008, 07:27 AM
Planecrazy232
My Feedback: (2)

Try Troy Built Models (TBM). I beleive he bought the rights to the model.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:28 PM
noxy55

Yes,
You can find it in Italy exactly in Florence .
You may want contact Mr Alessandro at [email protected]
By