Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Kyosho EDF Jet - Looks like a hot one coming down the pipe for us Jet Fans!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Kyosho EDF Jet - Looks like a hot one coming down the pipe for us Jet Fans!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 08:58 PM
jrt20001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kyosho EDF Jet - Looks like a hot one coming down the pipe for us Jet Fans!

What do you all think?

Check out this cool looking Kyosho Jet coming out in the spring of 2007

Illusion DF45 Brushless Ducted Fan EP Jet

Link for the picture of Illusion.

[link=http://sallystore.freeservers.com/Jet%20Pictures%20etc./Illusion%20Brushless%20Ducted%20Fan.jpg]The Kyosho Illusion EDF[/link]

[link=http://sallystore.freeservers.com/Jet%20Pictures%20etc./2006pr_jet_illusion.wmv]Illusion Video Link ---- Click on this link for the Illusion Video[/link]

Kyosho announces a new high-performance brushless powered ducted-fan jet. The new Illusion DF45 features solid construction with a fiberglass fuselage and durable balsa wings. The main wing features blended winglets for greater efficiency and performance. The DF45 comes with the brushless motor and fan unit, so all you need to do is provide radio gear, electronic speed control and batteries. The sleek delta-wing jet features a tail-mounted ducted fan that cranks out up to 50,000 rpm for stunning speed and agility from a plane of its size. The DF45 is already very fast, but extreme performance enthusiasts can even change the included brushless motor for something more powerful for ultimate flight performance.

As an ARF the DF45 comes out of the box with most major assembly completed, including installation of the ducted fan, brushless motor and linkage - basic assembly is all that's needed to get flying.

SKU: 10111B
Street Price (Approx.) - TBD
Available - Spring 2007

What do you think?
Old 12-13-2006, 09:31 PM
Jeremy_D

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Kyosho EDF Jet - Looks like a hot one coming down the pipe for us Jet Fans!

looks nice, should be a fun jet to fly
Old 12-14-2006, 02:35 AM
AirPac Models

Default RE: Kyosho EDF Jet - Looks like a hot one coming down the pipe for us Jet Fans!

I saw this plane in Japan. Looks very good performance. The Retail price in Japan is 29400Yen ( About $250 USD)
Old 12-14-2006, 04:47 AM
Jeremy_D

And it can be handlaunched..nice change
Old 12-15-2006, 07:27 PM
JimBrown
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Watch for a review by Gerry Yarrish in the Feb. 07 M.A.N.

...jim
Old 01-28-2007, 02:11 PM
jrt20001

Mine just arrived in the mail and it is a small, quality built aircraft. The weather is too lousy to fly it but it will be fun to build. The retail price in the US is $199, EDF included. Not too bad but a tad pricey for an aircraft of this size. Will keep you posted.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:23 PM
ronridd

A wonderful plane indeed. Packaging was excellent. Well built. It goes like crazy. Great fun!

Small, easy to see, fast. Looks really cool
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us52835.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	187.5 KB
ID:	614520   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb88508.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	189.2 KB
ID:	614521  
Old 02-05-2007, 10:27 PM
Crazy4Flight
My Feedback: (540)

post the specs wingspan... area ....weight....
what servos are required?
# cells ?
speed controller?
Old 02-06-2007, 11:17 AM
ronridd

Length: 635mm
Wingspan: 600 mm (23.6 inches )
Wing Area: 8.5 cm
Thunderpower 910
2 HS55's

I'm using the new thunderbird or whatever they call the low end Phoenix ESC. 25 amp ( little bit of an overkill).

WONDERFUL PLANE!
Old 03-15-2007, 12:27 AM
dragonpilot
My Feedback: (38)

ORIGINAL: Crazy4Flight

post the specs wingspan... area ....weight....
what servos are required?
# cells ?
speed controller?
I've got a review to supplement the MAN review posted on the website. Check it out, www.rcmachinery.com
Old 05-09-2007, 12:51 AM
lpcdefg

I am planning to design and build a similar ducted fan airplane using webra .25 glow on tuned exhaust and a cut down 3 blade prop in a pusher configuration. The plane will be similar to a Fan Trainer (if you're not familiar with the design, here is a link to a pic http://www.zap16.com/images/D-EATP.jpg. However, I plan on locating the engine in the very rear of the airplane so the spinner will form the tail cone and it can be started with an electric starter. I plan on using a similar body style and configuration as the Kyosho EDF Jet. I would like to know if the kyosho plane uses a "cheater hole" in the bottom of the fusalge in order to increase the inlet area? This is a major consern to me because part of the front inlet area will be blocked by the fuselage, engine, and exhaust system.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:35 AM
dragonpilot

Yes it does and its a decent size too.
Old 06-30-2007, 05:38 PM
andrew1381

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!
I can't get my illusion to fly!!!!!!
According to the instructions the CG is ~ 3.25" in from the leading edge of the wing, this makes it Very Nose Heavy.
I moved the CG back to ~ 3.75" and it goes further down range with a good launch into the wind but Never developes foward acceleration and upon lifting nose it wobbles, stalls, and noses over.
I am new to EDF's and LiPo's but I have been flying fuel for 7 years.
The motor sounds good to me and there is plenty of throw in the control surfaces. Maybe I should try a bigger battery pack????
Old 06-30-2007, 07:35 PM
SinCityJets

What size, type pack are you using?
Old 07-01-2007, 07:59 AM
andrew1381

I am using the stock 3 cell 11.1v 520mah
This pack seems small to me....
Thanks for your help.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:27 PM
Falconjet50

I just finshed putting mine together. What a great EDF!!! This planes flies great. I have five flights on her. My battery time is around 8 minutes with a Thunderpower 3S 1320 Lipo.
I had to mod the battery tray, but the battery fits. What a great jet. It is fast but fairly easy to fly. The landing flare is long, this plane likes to float. Even with power off if flies great, just have to plane your landings if there is not too much runway. Make sure the CG is where the book says it should be. If "CG" is in the proper place it should about balance where the two finger lauch holes are on the bottom of the wing. If anyone has any question about the build or flying let me know. I can not say enough about how much fun this is to fly!!! It flies great on half throttle and full throttle and it realy goings: embellmans, split S, inverted flight, loops, Cuban eights, NO Problem
Old 07-25-2007, 11:47 PM
patzane

I have a Multiplex Fun Jet which is a blast to fly. I was looking at this plane but can't see paying 200.00 if it does not fly good. However I see people is very happy with this jet so far. Is it worth 200.00. and about what speed would you say with the stock motor
Old 07-26-2007, 12:25 AM
dragonpilot

ORIGINAL: patzane

I have a Multiplex Fun Jet which is a blast to fly. I was looking at this plane but can't see paying 200.00 if it does not fly good. However I see people is very happy with this jet so far. Is it worth 200.00. and about what speed would you say with the stock motor
Hi Patzane,

You can find this one for around $150 shipped from some hobby shops, no need to spend the $200.
so the fan unit and brushless motor and sleekly painted FG fuse/nicely covered balsa wing and tail surfaces is the $70-80 difference of the foam prop driven fun piece of foam with no motor. I'm sure you don't want to know how much the injection molded foam jet costs to make. Don't get me wrong, I have Muliplex products, they fly great.
But, if you compare apples to brussle sprouts you'd be surprised what is worth what.

It is a fun little plane but less forgiving than the muliplex jets. I'd say it cruises around between 70-90 depending on your battery. You don't want to go too much faster as it is so little in the air.
Also, There is a mirage to be released soon as well as a blue illusion out.
hope this helps.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:31 PM
Falconjet50

I believe the illusion jet priced at 150.00 will be hard to find the cheapest I found it for is 175.00. It is worth it. Where can you get a ducted fan jet that flies at 70 to 80 MPH for under 200.00 dollars. It looks great two. I have two mixes set in on my DX-7 the first moves elevator 3mm and aleron 4mm. Mix 2 moves the elevator 8mm and alerons 10mm. When it goes vertical I can get around 4-5 full rotation before it starts to slow down. Now that power. the motor is great, the noise along is awesome. The only thing with the jet is the long landings, they have to be plannned. It needs about 50- 70 yards to place it down. It really has go aerodynamics, no bad stall charateristics at all. Like the last forum stated , you really don't want this jet flying faster that 80 MPH. I just painted my canopy black and it makes it look even better. I have been really talking this jet up. It is a great purchase and well worth it. Just make sue the CG is set correctly befor flying. It should balance around the finger holes on the bottom of the wing. The plane is a joy to dead stick, it flies great with no power, just have to glide at a good rate of speed. I actual land it without power and it makes nice sliding landings.
Kyosho has the Mirage out, I have seen it. I do not know how it flies, If is anything like this one it will be a great model to fly. They also have a F-16 model coming out make of foam type material. I may be a little more durable in a bad crash. I can not wait to see it. Their website says it should be out now along with the Blue color Illusion jet. The Mirage is a little lighter that the Illusion jet and the wing span appears to be a little smaller. Thier web page says it is a little more stable and able to slow down more for landing.

If you are to get the Illusion jet get the TP 1320 Lipo 3s. I am getting around 7-8 minutes with them, tons of performance. Inverted flight , cuban eights, embellmans, vetical spiraling climbs all manuevers are possible with this one!!!
Good Luck , let me know if you have any questions. I think this little jet is going to be a hi demand model in the months to come. I have seen it advertised in a couple of model magizines last month. We will see!
Old 07-26-2007, 02:12 PM
GoeKeli
My Feedback: (18)

Check the F16 comin, looks cool!
http://www.kyosho.com/eng/products/r...duct_id=102190

joe
Old 07-26-2007, 03:57 PM
Falconjet50

It looks like it will be out in August. It looks like it has a little better thrust to weight ratio than the Illusion jet. Should be a good flier.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:08 PM
dragonpilot

looks great,
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39380.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	730387  
Old 07-26-2007, 04:35 PM
ianober
My Feedback: (12)

Where can you get the Illusion Jet from right now? Hopefully a US distributor has them somewhere.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:08 PM
Falconjet50

Go to this web site or google Kyosho illusion jet. Some of the hobby store local here in Fort Lauderdale are starting to carry them. Check with you local store to see if they can get one.

Try this site:http://wondertrail.com/Merchant2/mer...c-rc-airplanes
Old 07-27-2007, 04:18 PM
dragonpilot

ORIGINAL: ianober

Where can you get the Illusion Jet from right now? Hopefully a US distributor has them somewhere.
You can get them for $150, I'll PM you the link if you'd like to order one, lmk. The pic I posted is the new Mirage, looks sweet, $150 also.
check out my website for the an Illusion write up I did for more info.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.