Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 28 of 48 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: DUCTED FAN JETS

Hello, can anyone tell me what is the best double back tuned pipe for a Rossi 105 and where i can still get one?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: USSCAT

Steven H.,

I bought a roll from dick blick art store locally, try www.dickblick.com it comes in various thickness, .003 to .006 should work.

Regards,
    Mike.
    I just ordered a roll from them. Thanks USSCAT for the heads up on the store.

On Another note I am having a hard time getting the engine tuned the way I want and I think I have both needles totally screwed up. What is the base setting for both needles?

Thanks again guys

Steve
    You can\'t fix dumb

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Can anyone tell me what is the best Lipo charger out there for the money? I am so confused and burnt out at looking at hundreds of adds. I will be charging 11.1 volts 10000mAH lipo battery for my transmitter and 7.1 volts 10000mAH Lipo battery for my reciever. If anyone has a real good used one or new one please let me know. I want one with all the features and cooling fans. Please email me at retro.doctor@yahoo.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Doc,

You'd be better off asking that question in the Batteries & Chargers Forum.

Joe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Darn it, where is that and thanks for telling me. I am new to this. Dam that's funny. I'm in the wrong section!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: joeflyer

CA. I had about 1/4" overlap, roughed up the shiny side with some fine sandpaper, then applied the CA. Make sure your seam is on the top.

Mylar works well with a Byron fan. For a tractor fan I'd use something stiffer like a thin fiberglass sheet, similar to the polyply that BVM sells.

Joe
    Well I just fire the engine for the first time after makeing a thrust tube out of mylar. It started to come unglued at the tail end after just a short run. I roughed up the mating faces just as was suggested. Should I have let it set up overnight? Is there another type of glue that would work better?

thanks,

Steve
    You can\'t fix dumb

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Tape it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Tape is a good idea, I always epoxy mine but I see no reason why you can't do both.

David
    David

Corsair Brotherhood #3

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well I just fire the engine for the first time after makeing a thrust tube out of mylar. It started to come unglued at the tail end after just a short run. I roughed up the mating faces just as was suggested. Should I have let it set up overnight? Is there another type of glue that would work better?
    Like all CA joints you have to make sure that the seam is flat and uniformly pressed together. I clamped a straight piece of wood in a vice, slipped the mylar tube over it, and used it to suppoprt the inside of the tube while I pressed the seam flat. Additionally I wrapped some fiberglass reinforced packaging tape around the outside of the thrust tube in several places including the end.

Is your tube also supported all the way around in a couple places by fuselage formers? It has to be straight and smooth or it will vibrate. You can't have the end of the tube sticking out, flapping in the breeze either. My tube lasted me for years and over 100 flights.

Joe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

HAVE A BYRON F-16 WITH A OS 91 DF ENGINE. ALSO HAVE THE BYRO-JET FAN UNIT. I DON'T SEEM TO HAVE THE PROPER ADDAPTERS TO ATTACH THE IMPELLER TO THE ENGINE. DOES SOMEONE HAVE A PICTURE OR INFO HOW TO ATTACH THEM. THANKS

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I dont mean to interupt the question, but if someone is interested I have a .46 ducted fan setup in the for sale section of rciniverse at a great price.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have never done a DF plane. I swaped a club member for a OS .25 DF engine and Fan. It runs very strong I just have one question. WHAT DO I PUT IT IN????????????????? Anyone know of a airframe for the engine?

-Jason

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: iflyg450

I have never done a DF plane. I swaped a club member for a OS .25 DF engine and Fan. It runs very strong I just have one question. WHAT DO I PUT IT IN????????????????? Anyone know of a airframe for the engine?

-Jason
    There is a great little Midwest kit called a Jetster .25. (see http://www.modelaircraft.org/museum/bio/Sarpolus.pdf which has a photo of the .45 sized version) It is an introductory DF model. Marcel Lahaie of Quebec made a .25 size version of the Mirage 2000. The problem is going to be getting a fan. The only 25 size fan I know is Kress Jets and I heard that they are shutting down the business. You might try looking on ebay to see if you can pick one up. The pipe to use is the MACS whisper pipe. I suggest that you get the powerplant/fan in hand first, then worry about the plane.

Jim
    Jeti USA Flight Team, Kingtech Turbines, bavarianDEMON / DemonAero team, MKS Servos USA, National Vice-President - Jet Pilots Organization, Jet Team USA - JWM 2015
    http://www.espritmodel.com, http://www.kingtechturbines.com, http://www.demonaero.com, http://www.mksservosusa.com, http://www.jetpilots.org, http://www.jwm2015.com/en/start.html

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the info I have the engine and fan in hand just need an airframe. I might shove it into on of thoes foamy jets from hobby lobby

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just came across the Ducty, that I noticed used to sell for about $450 listed on the MECOA site for $150. There is no information and when I click to order, it shows a trainer for $79. I really don't need this but it looks like a bargain if they really have these, and they are complete with engine and fan.[:-]

http://www.mecoa.com/modelerdirect/

FR
    Rod S.

Just Fly It.
    SIG Brotherhood # 99
    Kadet Brotherhood # 141

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey im selling my BVM maverick if anyone is interested, check the ads.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well I got a plane with 2 engines. A club member had a Jester not sure if the .25 or a 40. He said it flew ok on 25 but better on the .45K&B. I have a few question

What is the best Fan for the .45K&B? and how much thrust will it make?

The fan for the K&B is all their I think their is nothing behinde the main fan such as a cone or a shroud.

Shoud a I make a shroud? Or do I bolt the fan onto the fueslage and fly?

DOES ANYONE HAVE A PICTURE OF WHAT A COMPLETE FAN UNIT SHOULD LOOK LIKE ON A JESTER?????

I run up the engine it is very strong and the fan seemed balanced the part the engine mounts to is metel. I think the Turbax fan would be a good choice.

Any help would be GREAT

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Flight Risk

I just came across the Ducty, that I noticed used to sell for about $450 listed on the MECOA site for $150. There is no information and when I click to order, it shows a trainer for $79. I really don't need this but it looks like a bargain if they really have these, and they are complete with engine and fan.[:-]

http://www.mecoa.com/modelerdirect/

FR
    They have updated the web site. $150 for the plane, and $200 for the engine and fan. That helps make up my mind not to get it, tho it may still be a good price.

FR
    Rod S.

Just Fly It.
    SIG Brotherhood # 99
    Kadet Brotherhood # 141

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nope, not worth it. Shop around ebay for a OS91VRDF & RAMTEC setup. Otherwise buy and EDF such as the Airpower AP1200. If thats too expensive go for a 90mm Midi-Fan on brushless power. If you are going DF might as well get a better setup.

enjoy

www.injetdesigns.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey Mark, when will your f18 be ready? any info in it?
    thanks Greg

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Greg,

I have a prototype of the F-18 but its going to be a while before I release it. I plan to install an 5" EDF in it. I have another design of the F-35A Lightning II which I just finished designing. Its based on electric Byrojet fan and will be a piece of cake to build. Only problem is I don't have the time to build & test it due to work commitments. However I'm thinking of releasing preliminary plans if anyone is interested. Here is a picture of it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tr49933.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	1010489   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bx73933.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	1010490  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thanks for the reply, i have plans to the traplet f18 for ramtec etc, but thought there maybe an easier option.
    Greg

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've been looking for older DF kits that can be converted to EDF. Many of these kits are sold very cheap, since these are out of production. Some of the older wooden prop jets are hollow and large enough to be converted also. This is one way to keep the costs down, since everything else is harder to avoid larger costs.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Greg,
    Look on ebay Australia Just saw a new Yellow F18 kit starting at $500.00.
    I have previosly built the Traplet F 18 and it is a lot of work. I would only recomend it if you are a keen and experienced builder.
    Hawkflyer

Page 28 of 48 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast