Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Did BVM make this?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Did BVM make this?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 08:40 AM
aquaskiman
My Feedback: (46)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Did BVM make this?

I bought this at an auction. Did BVM make this this way, Viper with bandit wings? It is called a Viper Pro, I think it will be a great flyer with the bandit wings. I have a wren 12# MW54 in it. I am about done getting it ready, now I have to wait for the snow to melt. The weight is 14 lbs. with out fuel. It is one pound lighter than when it had the ducted fan in it. I didn’t fly it with the fan just weighed it and took the fan out. Thanks George
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96386.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	595529  
Old 01-11-2007, 10:35 AM
joeflyer
My Feedback: (48)

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: Did BVM make this?

George,
Please post some pictures of your installation.
Did you use a bypass or not?
Which fuel tanks did you use?

I am in the process of converting my Maverick and will be installing an Artes Bee (12# version) in it.

Thanks,
Joe
Old 01-11-2007, 10:41 AM
Jet Lag
My Feedback: (26)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No,BVM didn't make it that way.Your fuse looks like a old Viper fuse with modified wings.I don't believe that Bandit wings would fit to a Viper fuse,better chance to a Ultra Viper fuse with modifications which was the last Viper BVM produced which shared the same basic fuse as the Maverick and Agressor III.I presently have a Ultra Viper with modified Maverick wings which I had foam cores cut for and have a T-500 with full bypass.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:02 PM
aquaskiman
My Feedback: (46)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jet Lag it does have bandit wings on it. I have a friend with a bandit and they are the same. Who ever did it did a nice job. The root of the stock wing slides in to the grove in the fuse.
Joe flyer here is a pic of my set up. Wren doesn’t recommend running a bypass. The fuel tank is in front of the engine. I need 60 oz so I made a fuel tank that would fit and hold 60 oz. here is a pic of ½ the mold. George
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx69906.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	596384   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt61046.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	596385  
Old 01-12-2007, 07:29 PM
joeflyer
My Feedback: (48)

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks, George. The popular conversion uses a full bypass and custom kevlar fuel tanks. I don't think either are required. My engine will be further back than yours with 24 oz. Sullivan saddle tanks in front of the engine and a 10 oz. Sullivan in front of the inlets. I've been making slow progress and have been thinking of starting a build thread.

I like your custom tank. What did you do for inlets?

Joe