Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Need Help whith Y/A F-16 A Model

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Need Help whith Y/A F-16 A Model

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2003, 06:25 PM
Rodmunch
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help whith Y/A F-16 A Model

I picked up a new in box Yellow Aircraft F-16 A, It was missing the canopy is all. Yellow aircraft helped me out with the canopy and I got a pair of aim 9's also from them, but the manual that came with the kit is impossible to see anything in the photo copied b&w pictures. Yellow aircraft said they can do nothing about that, too old.. If anybody has any pictures they could e-mail me would be great... All I could find on the net is turbine conversion pic's, not much help... I have a dynamax and OS 91..

Here is a Pic of the plug I made of the B-2, for those that seen it in posts on Rc online... The mold is now done, just trying to get the prototype in the air....

Any Help would be great
thanx
Rodmunch
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	52635_27159.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	32528  
Old 02-05-2003, 04:13 AM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,

I don't have that manual, but I've built that plane. If you like, you can call me if you need help. 619-527-1214. That goes for the rest of you, too, BTW.
Old 02-06-2003, 12:59 AM
joeflyer
My Feedback: (48)

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Rod,
I have a set of the pictures which are reasonably clear. Not sure how well they will copy. I'll need these to build the kit, and I don't have a scanner. If you don't get a better offer I'll take them in to work and see how well they xerox.

By the way how much did Yellow charge for the canopy? I will need one for mine.

Joe
Old 02-06-2003, 01:12 AM
rcdoug
My Feedback: (8)

Just a plug for Shaun on this. I had the same problem with an old Yellow F-4 kit/ manual. He was totally helpful and if you need parts, he does well with that also.
Call him.

rcdoug
Old 02-06-2003, 01:14 AM
Shaun Evans

Thanks, Doug, 'preciate it. :-)
Old 02-06-2003, 04:23 AM
Rodmunch
My Feedback: (4)

thanx guys for all your help!
I just got put on 12 hour days at work, I think (I know) we are going to war, I work for Hill Air Force Base here in Utah. We do Depot level Maintenance on the F-16, I'm in, on, and working on these birds every day, so anybody need any scale details, let me know....

I have a few questions for you Shaun, I will call you, and Joe flyer, if you could scan them pictures that would be great.....

My biggest question is the manual says to glue everything with CA, and to use 3/4 glass with CA????? Polyester resin wont stick to epoxy well (polyester is junk), but epoxy will stick well to sanded polyester, I think better than CA??? If I'm wrong let me know......

I paid $20 dollars for the canopy, and $20 for the aim 9's.., if I remember right...

Thanx again guys for your help...
anything I can help you on with the real F-16, A-10, F-22, C-17, C-130, B-2; that's unclassified, feel free to ask, I'll do my best..
Old 02-06-2003, 09:03 PM
Shaun Evans

Rod,

Your manual says to glue everything with CA???? I've never seen that before, not even in really old manuals! No, don't glue anything to the polyester with CA. Use Aeropoxy or Stabilit. Stabilit is really expensive, and a pain to work with, but it sticks VERY well. I'm using Aeropoxy on pretty much everything, though. While polyester glass may be less favorable in some respects, it's got a few plusses over epoxy in other respects.

Anyway, gimme a call.
Old 11-12-2003, 10:44 AM
modellflieger

Default RE: Need Help whith Y/A F-16 A Model

ORIGINAL: Rodmunch-RCU

Thanx again guys for your help...
anything I can help you on with the real F-16, A-10, F-22, C-17, C-130, B-2; that's unclassified, feel free to ask, I'll do my best..
You might be interested in this. . . . http://homepage.eircom.net/~skycam/c17110.htm

and the 'Huge C-17' thread on the jets page here on RCU