Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Starfire 11 Finished weight?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Starfire 11 Finished weight?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2002, 02:30 AM
rcpete347
My Feedback: (251)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Starfire 11 Finished weight?

Hi all ,what should a starfire 11 weight competed with brakes?
Weighted mine tonight and it came out at 14 pounds dry, how do you think it will fly. Does everyone use flaps? Thanks RCpete
Old 02-13-2002, 03:10 AM
Len
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Pete,
My Starfire II weighed in at 13# 7 oz with OS.91 power. It is currently in turbine conversion though. It had/has flaps and brakes and servo mixture control so it was at the heavier side. It flies like a lightweight even at that poundage! Mine is an early it, not the IIc so it had a bit less wing area too! You won't have any problem flying the II or IIc at 14 pounds, but test the sink rate without flap about half way through the fuel to see what to expect on landing. Then test with half flap pretty slowly... etc.

Len
Old 02-13-2002, 10:36 AM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Starfire

Hi,

What version of the Starfire are you talking about? Is it the JMP one or the Yellow A/C?

Either way, don't worry about 14 pounds, you'd be shocked how light it will fly at that weight. I had one with doubled-up fuel system, removeable wings, smoke pump-tank-battery and all that. It had a dry weight of 16.5 pounds. It still flew fabulously. It was the Blue Angels one I had at St. George.

Good luck!
Old 02-13-2002, 03:10 PM
ghost_rider
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a Y/A StarFire with a RAM750 + 84 OZ fuel. Takeoff weight 18lb.

Lands pretty good, and take off roll < 100 ft without flaps. Unfortunately, the StarFire caught fire on the ground during a demo at parking lot at work. Did not have my fire extinguisher handy.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2926_521.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	2634