RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Yellow F-15 ARF Assembly Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 04:57 PM
J. Campbell

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Take an exacto and cut the rim out of the tire, then clean inner tire up with a dremel sanding disk as needed. When yellow wheels will push in i put it in a vise to squeeze it togetherr enough to start bolts. They work great.
Old 07-04-2017, 05:06 PM
bushong572

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Thumbs up

Thanks
Old 09-17-2017, 11:02 AM
bidrseed2

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi All,

Id like to report I flew my second hand F15 for the first time today. It took about 16 months to re do the install to my satisfaction and Im pleased to report the maiden went very well.
The model required no trim at all when clean and only 4 units of down trim with Take off flap. Roll rate wasn't as quick as id like but that can be tweaked. Im using a jet cat 160SX for power and i was surprised how much throttle it needed, but also how slow it happily flew.
Ive a few jobs to do post maiden, but the main issues are
1) a hotspot seems to have developed and some paint delaminated on the underside, about the size of a US quarter coin. I need to remove the pipe to inspect but think thats going to be a difficult job.
2) the main gear springs seem to have different compression, almost like one has no air in it. I think they're springs so will have to look inside.
3) I need to see if i can get more aileron travel, but won't be worried if i can't.
4) My jet cat 160 SX was emitting a momentary puff of white smoke just after it stabilised at idle. Im not sure why
5) I need to redo the plumbing with larger bore pipes- Im using 6mm festo tube, but think the brass pipe fittings in the tank may be too small, as when i fuel the plane, the first tank fills and rapidly expands deforming the top of the fuse. The second tank filling means the bowser fuelling rate has to go at a snails pace.

All hopefully surmountable problems and Im looking forward to flying it again, it was a *****cat!
Old 09-17-2017, 04:28 PM
bushong572

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have 12 flights on my YA F-15 and have been very happy with it. I'm running a Kingtech 140 and also have the hot spot underneath you reported. It bubbled the paint but has not worsened, so I've left it. The main gear does have springs. I replaced them for stronger springs. My plane would bottom out when fueled.

I was also surprised at the amount of throttle it takes (I fly around 80-85%).

Last edited by bushong572; 09-17-2017 at 04:31 PM.

Search this Thread