Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Crash today at Florida Jets.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Crash today at Florida Jets.

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 03:01 AM
mackeyjones

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Woketman
Toe rag????
Google it.
Old 03-08-2015, 04:16 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mackeyjones
All I can say is, who is the toe rag who didnt give much thought to selling the footage to all the local media outlets. Obviously being that close to the flightline he was either a pilot or crew. It Is people like that who do more harm than good to the hobby.
If we're as safe as we're telling everyone, then we shouldn't fear the media. On the other hand, if there's too many injury or near injury crashes making their way into media reports, perhaps the fundamental problem is too many injury / near injury crashes.
Old 03-08-2015, 05:36 AM
mackeyjones

Originally Posted by franklin_m
If we're as safe as we're telling everyone, then we shouldn't fear the media. On the other hand, if there's too many injury or near injury crashes making their way into media reports, perhaps the fundamental problem is too many injury / near injury crashes.
And what planet do you come from where the media is responsible in the way it actually reports the news. I didnt see it mentioned that the person injured was back later at the field. I would say they sensationalised the footage rather well. . My problems isnt that the media reported it, but the lack of actual reporting that was done. Which if your talking about responsible reporting or even discussions half of this thread would be missing, because responsible would mean waiting unitl all the facts were known.

Last edited by mackeyjones; 03-08-2015 at 05:42 AM.
Old 03-08-2015, 06:36 AM
franklin_m

Originally Posted by mackeyjones
And what planet do you come from where the media is responsible in the way it actually reports the news. I didnt see it mentioned that the person injured was back later at the field. I would say they sensationalised the footage rather well. . My problems isnt that the media reported it, but the lack of actual reporting that was done. Which if your talking about responsible reporting or even discussions half of this thread would be missing, because responsible would mean waiting unitl all the facts were known.
When the organizer of the event said that "The fuel in the tank spewed out like a flame thrower..." that provided all the sensationalizing anyone needed.

http://www.theledger.com/article/201...NEWS/150309544
Old 03-08-2015, 07:13 AM
rcpete2

Franklin M. does not fly, he does not go to events, he is just a poor sole who's sole existence is doing this, I'll bet he is the Chair Lady of his local Women's Auxiliary, you need a job and a Psychiatrist.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:01 AM
franklin_m

These crashes happened; whether the media finds out or not doesn't change the facts.

I concur with the belief held in the professional aviation communities, military and commercial, that accidents are preventable. Unfortunately, when some are unable to engage on facts, they resort to personal attacks.

Last edited by franklin_m; 03-08-2015 at 08:08 AM.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:04 AM
fun2fly24

Originally Posted by col_tomb
SHOULD BAN JET!
For you to say that is simply stupid. Everyone that flies in this hobby needs to stay together. I don't know what type of planes of helicopters you fly, but it does not matter. No matter if its a fast turbine, or a slow flying electric, they are all dangerous. Everything in this world is dangerous. As soon as you walk out the door of your house you are put into danger. The same thing could've happened with anything. Electric planes can catch on fire, gas planes can catch on fire, even nitro planes can catch on fire. If you posted this comment for attention here you go. every airplane is different some are slow some are fast. The same thing could have happened with an electric jet. In fact the same occurrence could've happened with any type of plane because every thing in this world is a risk. To say that one incident should result in the banning of the object is absurd. If we ban things every single time something bad happened, there would be no type of technology or any objects for that matter left in the world. I don't know what you fly, but I am 100% sure that you could get injured just as bad or even worse as if you're flying a jet. Therefore to say that jets should be banned, makes you the next target. People are not looking at the danger of the Jets, people are looking at the danger of this hobby in general. To say the Jets should be banned, you are basically against your own hobby.

Last edited by fun2fly24; 03-08-2015 at 08:06 AM.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:26 AM
style fly
My Feedback: (3)

I would 1st like to say that Frank Tiano host very safe events. I was a part of Florida Jets 2014 and was impressed on how organized and professional it was. I did not take part of FL.jets 2015 because I now own a Fly Eagle Jet , as everybody knows they are banned from this event, and I respect Franks decision. However knowing the fail points on this jet I reinforced all the issues its known to have and strengthened its weakness. I did not try to contact Frank and beg him to change him mind to let me fly it- I stepped back and again respected his decision. - Now as everybody can see anything can happen at any time to anyone at the flying field. WHAT IM GETTING AT IS- this is no longer a "HOBBY" in my opinion this is now a sport, and with all sports they have a high element of DANGER-------------- NOW IF THIS SPORT of flying R/C JETs has a accident and it shakes you up enough that you have to go on this forum and cry about it, maybe this is not for you and you should 2nd guess if you want to continue with it. Lets move forward as a team and help each other instead of bashing each other.

Last edited by style fly; 03-08-2015 at 08:28 AM.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:32 AM
sysiek
My Feedback: (176)

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

Will you guys just stop all the negative points and post some pictures with good time and fun ,maybe some from the banquet with happy faces waring shorts leaves .
Old 03-08-2015, 08:35 AM
franklin_m

You bring up a good point, and I don't necessarily disagree. My thought is what happens when my participation in a sport endangers others? Thankfully, the injury here was to a participant, but what happens when it's a spectator? What would the coverage look like if it was a kid that was injured? I really think the hobby/sport needs to think that one through, particularly for public events like these.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:17 AM
sysiek

Maybe we all should stay home ,no Indy 500 ,no Reno ,no sky diving ,no scuba diving,no fishing the # 1 fatal sport in the planet ,stop publick transport ,and all fast and slow sports with spectators ,get this this was a accident and to prevent accidents and there is no way to stop accidents ,maybe we all should stay home and do puzzles witch is no fun , we never stop flying rc jets and we all fallow the rules to stay safe understand one major think accident it's a accident and no one wish to have one and specially to hurt eny one no matter witch sport the in to. Have a grate time and fun to all rc flyers .
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	2079765  
Old 03-08-2015, 09:24 AM
franklin_m

Based on the experiences of other sports, I think we would be wise to consider the costs associated with injuring spectators. Here's just three:

Spectator injuries / deaths result of Reno Air Race Crash - http://archive.rgj.com/article/20120...-crash-victims

Injuries at NASCAR race - http://www.forthepeople.com/blog/mor...-settle-claims

Injuries and deaths at Mojave 200 offroad - http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/...awsuit-sloppy/
Old 03-08-2015, 09:29 AM
sysiek

Who are you FEMA if yes this is wrong site for you go to some disaster meeting .and peaple will go to all the racings and pay to witness all the crashes and risk no mater what that's why if you going to bunge jumping you sign a waver ,or shutting range ,let's all spectators sign wavers before the enter the Reno racing and othe sport shows and you see then at least 99% will do the to watch the show its human nature the don't like stay home and do boring rutine live .

Last edited by sysiek; 03-08-2015 at 09:50 AM.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:55 AM
sysiek

+2
Old 03-08-2015, 10:01 AM
franklin_m

I'm sure on the back of Reno, NASCAR, and other tickets there's "at own risk" or similar language, yet the settlements continue. If these release from liability agreements were so strong, then there wouldn't be the settlements mentioned above.

Here's a $14 million settlement in the case of an injured participant - and I know participants in Little League sign liability releases.
http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/s...lawsuit-082212

Here's an interesting read from an injury lawyer site; I'm sure there are others. While they talk about liability releases, there's an extensive section on exceptions. Note the statement "If the owners of the sports facility didn't take adequate precautions to protect the fans, they may be liable for injuries sustained as a result of their negligence." Unfortunately, it's not the participants in the "sport" that decide if the precautions were adequate, it's the judge / jury that decides.

http://personal-injury.lawyers.com/p...nd-rights.html

Last edited by franklin_m; 03-08-2015 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Added info.
Old 03-08-2015, 10:10 AM
raron455
My Feedback: (38)

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm sure on the back of Reno, NASCAR, and other tickets there's "at own risk" or similar language, yet the settlements continue. If these hold harmless agreements were so strong, then there wouldn't be the settlements mentioned above.

Here's a $14 million settlement in the case of an injured participant - and I know participants in Little League sign hold harmless agreements.

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/s...lawsuit-082212

Kinda makes me wonder if the AMA's $2.5 million per event is sufficient.
Ok, im now convinced you are a Troll, i have read all your responses, and people like you will do more damage than anyone else can.

Last edited by raron455; 03-08-2015 at 10:14 AM.
Old 03-08-2015, 10:17 AM
franklin_m

Originally Posted by raron455
Ok, im now convinced you are a Troll, i have read all your responses, and people like you will do more damage than anyone else can.
Why? Are the facts bothersome?
Old 03-08-2015, 10:32 AM
dionysusbacchus
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNX5-4QIJ4A https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNX5-4QIJ4A
Old 03-08-2015, 10:38 AM
sysiek

+1
Old 03-08-2015, 10:54 AM
Eddie P
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All this bickering back and forth doesn't help. Most jet guys are super meticulous and pretty sharp all things considered. I am sure we will, as a group, examine this accident and make some improvements. Either collectively (hopefully) or individually at least. The ball is in each event organizing club's court , each pilot's court, each CD's court. We need to come together to analyze this in a more professional way, I don't think this thread will be where that occurs. But if you want 100 percent safety, get a self contained plastic bubble ready and learn to enjoy the vacuum of nothingness, so nothing can happen in the future. Otherwise if the goal is to live life well - our job is to be smart, assess risk reasonably and live life to the fullest because everything is hazardous to our health including not allowing yourself or others to live life fully in the first place.
Old 03-08-2015, 10:58 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Apparently, some folks can't handle the truth.... $2.5M isn't going to go very far in the event of a serious spectator injury.

Last edited by Chris P. Bacon; 03-08-2015 at 11:15 AM.
Old 03-08-2015, 11:00 AM
jofunk

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

I cut my finger clicking on the "Everything is Dangerous" video ………..Great cartoon.
Old 03-08-2015, 11:25 AM
franklin_m

Agree. And one of the opportunities to sue for negligence despite hold harmless/release of liability is when the event knew or should have known that a dangerous crash was likely. I find it interesting that a number of CDs and event organizers are on record here saying that accidents just happen (or words to that effect). Those kind of comments are red meat for an injury lawyer. I would not want to be hosting an event, where very scary crashes have happened in the past (and there's video of them), and be on record making comments saying they weren't preventable, that they "just happen", or other dismissive comments. Any decent lawyer will salivate when they find those.

Last edited by franklin_m; 03-08-2015 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Correct. Add.
Old 03-08-2015, 11:33 AM
never-enuff
My Feedback: (11)

Your bothersome!!!
Old 03-08-2015, 11:41 AM
sysiek

no comment ,are you navy pilot ? Just like to know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.