Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Crash today at Florida Jets.

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Crash today at Florida Jets.

Old 03-16-2015, 03:04 AM
rcpete2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a case of Prandtl tubes but my Proctologist took care of it. (painful as hell)
Old 03-16-2015, 03:36 AM
faud saade

Deben tener mas seguridad gente mas distante de aviones nadie quiere ocacionar accidente que se mejore pronto.
Old 03-16-2015, 04:45 AM
Erik R
My Feedback: (32)

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Pete,

You're looking much better since that. Did they knock you out for that, or was it just a local? :-0

Originally Posted by rcpete2
I had a case of Prandtl tubes but my Proctologist took care of it. (painful as hell)
Old 03-16-2015, 05:03 AM
SkyKnight
My Feedback: (67)

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rcpete2
It's surely a bad day when the broccoli and cauliflower shows up! Ain't that right Westwind Two?
Old 03-16-2015, 05:03 AM
SkyKnight

double post

Last edited by SkyKnight; 03-16-2015 at 05:08 AM. Reason: double post
Old 03-16-2015, 05:22 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by franklin_m
I thought I was doing that. But I'll be explicit - my earlier statement was wrong. I apologize for the error.
Accepted. Moreover, my intent to you asking about your AMA waiver was not intended to shut down debate. You can ask anyone here that I am not afraid of a little debate. The goal of that question was to find out what level of participation strangers/new comers jumping in the debate, have in this side of the hobby, rather what "skin in the game" they have to be so specifically targeting the jet community. If this was construed otherwise, please accept my apology.

My feelings are that this community NEEDS to self police when it comes to safety. CD's and jet rally organizers should be scrutinized if they have overlooked the established safety rules as established by AMA in one of their events. Moreover, the same should apply to pilots. This community has done exactly this over the years that I have been in it.

My beef, if you will, are people trying to turn what should be a community effort and a forming of consensus to increase safety into some form of unrealistic military code of safety which completely shuts down the process. Recognizing that civilians flying model airplanes is 2000% different than military pilots landing jets on a carrier would be a good start.

Lastly, a certain lack of respect was displayed toward several people who have been in this hobby since the beginning or early days of model turbine jets. These are people who have personally sacrificed their time and efforts to help the jet community by providing great venues for model jet pilots to fly in.

Last edited by AndyAndrews; 03-16-2015 at 05:28 AM.
Old 03-16-2015, 05:25 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by faud saade
Deben tener mas seguridad gente mas distante de aviones nadie quiere ocacionar accidente que se mejore pronto.
English please?
Old 03-16-2015, 05:42 AM
westwind two
My Feedback: (1)

Originally Posted by SkyKnight
It's surely a bad day when the broccoli and cauliflower shows up! Ain't that right Westwind Two?
Those veggies are a mess when you see them in a mirror !!!!!!
Old 03-16-2015, 06:08 AM
faud saade

Hi please more distance the planes and people its a bad accident good loock for the victim pilot more security
Old 03-16-2015, 01:08 PM
uncljoe
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SkyKnight

Somethings one NEVER forgets......

Semper Fi

Old 03-16-2015, 01:51 PM
Erik R

Wow how the mighty have fallen! LOL!

UOTE=uncljoe;12003964] Originally Posted by SkyKnight

Somethings one NEVER forgets......

Semper Fi

[/QUOTE]
Old 03-16-2015, 04:08 PM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TOO MUCH INFORMATION

Too much thread drift too!
Old 03-16-2015, 05:11 PM
Erik R

Maybe that would've been appropriate when someone confused an 8 year old thread with recent events. Clearly not now. Both times, uninformed, uneducated people, posted drivel about things they knew nothing about. Hold yourself to somewhere near the standard you hold us to. At least the jokes are entertaining.

QUOTE=j.duncker;12004056]TOO MUCH INFORMATION

Too much thread drift too![/QUOTE]
Old 03-16-2015, 06:23 PM
westwind two

[QUOTE=Erik R;12004094]Maybe that would've been appropriate when someone confused an 8 year old thread with recent events. Clearly not now. Both times, uninformed, uneducated people, posted drivel about things they knew nothing about. Hold yourself to somewhere near the standard you hold us to. At least the jokes are entertaining.
+1....
Old 03-16-2015, 06:37 PM
uncljoe

If I can recall. it was over breakfast , & If I'm not mistaken,WW2.RCPete,Bob V and a few others ,at DECK airport maybe year two of Mike's event in penna
Semper Fi

Old 03-16-2015, 06:44 PM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by erik r
maybe that would've been appropriate when someone confused an 8 year old thread with recent events. Clearly not now. Both times, uninformed, uneducated people, posted drivel about things they knew nothing about. Hold yourself to somewhere near the standard you hold us to. At least the jokes are entertaining.

Originally Posted by j.duncker
too much information

too much thread drift too!
+2
Old 03-17-2015, 04:25 AM
westwind two

You are so right Joe and so we don't drift do you remember the CRASH in the soybean field. Don't forget Alan ! He is still laughing !
Old 03-17-2015, 04:49 AM
SkyKnight

You're right WW2. I'm having flash backs right now! It was the Mountain O Meat banquet the LBJR when Uncle Joe describe his mirror investigation followed by Dave's commentary. I guess you had to be there to know what this was about. Yes I purposely drifted to lighten things up on this thread. We miss ya Uncle Joe. I'm glad this forum helps us all stay in touch to a degree. Hope we cross paths again soon!
Old 03-17-2015, 05:01 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 343 Likes on 274 Posts

From the horses mouth
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...-incident.html
Old 03-17-2015, 06:21 AM
uncljoe

Alan... Thats the caterer "Mountain of Meat" who put on one hell of a BBQ the night before ,and it did not cause of the Veggie problem. BTW I'll look and see if I can find the corn flield on Fire.. (wasn't caused by Frankel) BTW I'll try and stop by the flying fields on my next trip back... trying to make it to WarBirds over Delaware.
Semper Fi
joe
Old 03-17-2015, 06:22 AM
westwind two

+1+2+3 well said Frank !

Last edited by westwind two; 03-17-2015 at 06:24 AM.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:43 AM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

Having read the thread here are the things that should be addressed:

1) Did that pilot who lost his aircraft have a history of crashes and unsafe flying?
2) Were the event coordinators made aware of this, if so they let him fly anyway?
3) If So, then they can't really claim accident, they knowingly refused to address a problem.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:48 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

He does NOT have a history of unsafe flying and is a great guy to have in our jet community. It was an accident plain and simple PERIOD!!!

Originally Posted by DiscoWings

1) Did that pilot who lost his aircraft have a history of crashes and unsafe flying?
2) Were the event coordinators made aware of this, if so they let him fly anyway?
3) If So, then they can't really claim accident, they knowingly refused to address a problem.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:52 AM
Erik R

Cmon Ahsan,

You know how big the event is. You know how much people talk smack about others, including yourself. Frank posted a full accounting of what went on. Do you really think he would've let the guy fly, if he was presented with known issues?Bottom line, when you run a big jet event, you do the best you can to be safe, and you hope and pray that no one is hurt.

Every time I ran an event at Hamburg, I never really relaxed until it was over, with no injuries or damage. Nature of the beast. You can't know everyone's skill level, or safety ethic. That's just a small part of what a jet event cd endures. Yet guys still do it. Some of us believe that the risk is worth taking, for the good of the hobby/sport. We should all be thankful that there are still people willing to do that. Respectfully,

Erik

Originally Posted by DiscoWings

Old 03-17-2015, 12:12 PM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

Originally Posted by gunradd
He does NOT have a history of unsafe flying and is a great guy to have in our jet community. It was an accident plain and simple PERIOD!!!

Ok then so the problem is with the aircraft/setup then, QComposites Aurora failed in flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.