Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jetlegend F-22

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jetlegend F-22

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 01:14 PM
Jeremy_D

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Jetlegend F-22

Ron,

This plane will get off the grass with a P80 as per my video below. I had close to 20 flights on the P80 until I could afford the P120se which then flew it. Take off roll was not that long and this plane is just one big lifting body. On grass it got off slightly quicker with the P120se

Second link is mine at Temora a few years ago with the 120 and again it just lifts off. Mav's was the same this year, no excessive speed to get airborne.

I used the stock thrust tube and bottom half of the bypass with no bell mouth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_8kFkR9LAw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXVgH98HZ0Q
Old 09-26-2012, 02:59 PM
Mavrik!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can only upload 2 pics at a time, however flew great and did not notice any loss of power with stock pipe?

P140 RX is rated at 32 pounds, however I think it is closer to 15kg thrust IMO!

thanks to Jeremy from Aussiejet for the Vid in prior post of my landing!

In a turn on final the F22 drops dramatically which helps you lose altitude and you simply level out and flare for touchdown.

This could be my Fav scale jet! Cant wait to fly it agian in 2 weeks at Cudal!

Mav
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Li21146.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	1805254   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yu63290.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	1805255  
Old 10-05-2012, 02:22 AM
DENTO

ORIGINAL: Jeremy_D

Ron,

This plane will get off the grass with a P80 as per my video below. I had close to 20 flights on the P80 until I could afford the P120se which then flew it. Take off roll was not that long and this plane is just one big lifting body. On grass it got off slightly quicker with the P120se

Second link is mine at Temora a few years ago with the 120 and again it just lifts off. Mav's was the same this year, no excessive speed to get airborne.

I used the stock thrust tube and bottom half of the bypass with no bell mouth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_8kFkR9LAw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXVgH98HZ0Q
Jeremy
Are you heading up to the FRAZER COAST for the jet meet .
REGARDS
JOHN
Old 10-05-2012, 03:44 AM
Jeremy_D

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi John,

When is it on?
Old 10-05-2012, 03:55 AM
Mavrik!

Fraser Coast 27 28 Oct!

Way to far a drive for me.

Cudal jet meet next weekend 13 14 Oct if anyone interested send PM!

Mav
Old 10-05-2012, 04:35 AM
DENTO

ORIGINAL: Jeremy_D

Hi John,

When is it on?
Jeremy
As Mav said 25 26 27 28 OCT If your keen never to far.
REGARDS
JOHN
Old 10-14-2012, 11:54 PM
Mavrik!

Here is an on board vid of my JL F22 at Cudal Australia on the weekend!

This is going to be my Fav jet as I took the UF and left it in the car for the 2 days LOL.

Take off and land are the best bits!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LU7Qi4muSTQ

Enjoy!

Mav

Old 10-15-2012, 01:26 AM
ticketec
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Mav,

Nice vid!

I see you've got no rudders on the -22? how did that go with your inspector, because I thought you needed to have rudders for MAAA?

Thanks

dave
Old 10-15-2012, 02:04 AM
Mavrik!

ORIGINAL: ticketec

Hey Mav,

Nice vid!

I see you've got no rudders on the -22? how did that go with your inspector, because I thought you needed to have rudders for MAAA?

Thanks

dave
Only required in US and Europe! Already certified. Rudders on F22 do nothing anyway. Impossible to knife edge. Will add Thrust Vectoring shortly!

Got to say that I love the F22! Def a keeper!

Mav
Old 10-15-2012, 04:07 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Nice flight video Mav!

The F22 can knife edge but it will take you around 30 flights to get trimmed out for it and even then its still a challenge. To much rudder will make it snap roll so you can only use a tiny bit of rudder. Takes a ton of aileron and elevator trim in knife edge.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:46 PM
Mavrik!

Thanks Gunradd,

Knife edge F22 sounds like hard work to me LOL.

My next project is to install my self made Thrust Vectoring!!!

Loving the F22!

How is yours going?

Mav
Old 10-16-2012, 03:02 AM
gunradd

Mine is doing great Mav!

Tam sent me a text with a thrust vectoring system for the Jetlegend F22. So he has one if anyone wants to go that route.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:36 PM
Mavrik!

ORIGINAL: gunradd

Mine is doing great Mav!

Tam sent me a text with a thrust vectoring system for the Jetlegend F22. So he has one if anyone wants to go that route.
Cool can you share the details of Tams TV????

I have started to make my own version, however I have limited resources and no expert here.

May be easier to use as experts version LOL.

Mav
Old 10-16-2012, 02:32 PM
gunradd

Mav the tamjets unit works by moving a small nozzle in the pipe but the nozzles on the plane itself dont move. Tams option is very easy and effective. Easy to install also.
Here is a video that tam sent me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uKrG...ature=youtu.be

Also not sure but the yellow F22 thrust vectoring might fit also not sure. The yellow thrust vectoring moves the entire nozzle like the real one does as you can see in this picture.

Thrust vectoring on the F22 is a ton of fun. I have been slowing it down more now and doing some crazy stuff with it.

Name:	Om32475.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	1811924  
Old 10-16-2012, 04:37 PM
mugenkidd
My Feedback: (94)

Glad I checked out this thread!! Thrust vectoring is just what my F22 needs! Where is everyone putting the servos for the TAM thrust vectoring system?

Name:	Yw66989.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	1811950   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt60766.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	1811951  
Old 10-16-2012, 04:56 PM
gunradd

Not sure on servo placement for Tams system. You would need to ask him. On my Yellow kit I mounted the servos in the gear well. But it seems everyone I have seen people mounted the servos in different spots. During monster planes next week ill try and get someone to do some video of the thrust vectoring. Its crazy fun. I just wish I had more power to really get crazy.

Name:	Tr51309.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	1811957   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zv66992.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	1811958  
Old 10-17-2012, 04:25 AM
Mavrik!

ORIGINAL: gunradd

Mav the tamjets unit works by moving a small nozzle in the pipe but the nozzles on the plane itself dont move. Tams option is very easy and effective. Easy to install also.
Here is a video that tam sent me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uKrG...ature=youtu.be

Also not sure but the yellow F22 thrust vectoring might fit also not sure. The yellow thrust vectoring moves the entire nozzle like the real one does as you can see in this picture.

Thrust vectoring on the F22 is a ton of fun. I have been slowing it down more now and doing some crazy stuff with it.
Cool system! Nice and simple.

I was going to run my nozzle of the existing elevator servo! Only issue is I would not be able to turn it off.

Do you keep your TV on for landing also?

Mav
Old 10-17-2012, 04:44 AM
gunradd

I have never taken off with it on but I have landed with it still on (forgot to turn it off lol). It lands pretty much the same with a little more control. I have not done it on takeoff due to on the yellow the plane has a very level AOA on the ground and the main gear are behind the CG so with full fuel it takes a lot of elevator to get her to rotate. Once the nose starts to rise you let off the elevator. With the thrust vectoring I would hate to pull that hard on takeoff. Just doing a engine run up on the ground the thrust vectoring will compress the main struts all the way down and raise the nose with back elevator. So it might takeoff even better with it on all the time.

The JL F22 has a positive AOA so it has a better takeoff and I also think the main gear are closer to the CG and that also helps.

When I set my thrust vectoring up I made it to where they dont do much until you give it allot of stick because I did not want it being touchy in flight. It flies pretty much the same with it on as off like this accept for high speed turns they tend to get real sharp and bleed off lots of speed. I highly recomend mixing aileron in with the thrust vectoring. While its not scale like that you really need the control after doing hard loops and the speed is low you have no roll control until you get the speed back up. It scared the crap out of me the first time. I thought I had a radio lockout but was just going to slow. With the ailerons in with it high alpha and roll control is perfect now even at a very slow airspeed.

At Kentucky jets one side of my pipe was cracking and messing the thrust up on that side. It would cause a hard roll when doing thrust vectoring. With out that roll control in the thrust vectoring I might have lost it.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:41 AM
Mavrik!

Gunradd,

Thx for reply. I must have TV then. I have made oversize nozzles which means it will only come into effect at extreme throws, so full time TV from what you say should not be a problem.

Did your stock yellow pipe fail? The JL pipe is heavy and looks very solid. How did you fix it?

If all too hard I will get a Tam pipe with TV.

Anyone know a price for the tam pipe?

Mav
Old 10-18-2012, 02:55 AM
gunradd

Hey Mav.
Yes my yellow Pipe failed. I got lucky I caught it in time. Was very close to total failure. Yellow stopped making pipes now so I was on my own. Talked to Tam and he custom made me a pipe the worked with my yellow thrust vectoring in 2 weeks!

The Tam pipe has all smooth edges inside and is very well built. The yellow pipe had a sharp edge at the split and thats where it failed. I also had to redo my CG because Tams pipe was much lighter. Had to move my receiver batteries back a good distance to get the CG right agian with the lighter pipe.

The pipe was not cheap though. But I am a cheap ***** and I can say it is well worth the money.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:58 AM
mugenkidd
My Feedback: (94)

Tam has it on his website front page at $495.. www. tamjets.com
Old 10-20-2012, 01:04 AM
Mavrik!

Woooo whooo that is expensive! However I hear glowing reports for tams pipes!

The JL pipe I have is very heavy, but well made. Not sure it would ever fail. Just need to work out how to Add TV!

Mav
Old 02-02-2015, 07:44 AM
cbdane

Smile Wanted - F22 kit

Looking for a JetLegends F-22 kit. Let me know if someone has one they'd like to sell. Motivated buyer here. Thanks in advance!
Old 02-02-2015, 08:45 AM
gunradd

Originally Posted by cbdane
Looking for a JetLegends F-22 kit. Let me know if someone has one they'd like to sell. Motivated buyer here. Thanks in advance!
Not sure if your interested but I know where a yellow F22 is for sale. Its a far better aircraft scale wise then the JL but no longer available unless you pay allot for shipping. But I have a friend selling one in Tennessee if your interested.
Old 02-02-2015, 01:12 PM
cbdane

Originally Posted by gunradd
Not sure if your interested but I know where a yellow F22 is for sale. Its a far better aircraft scale wise then the JL but no longer available unless you pay allot for shipping. But I have a friend selling one in Tennessee if your interested.
Definitely interested. I'm really hoping for a kit (due to some issues with R/C OCD ) but I'm striking out (no responses from any distributor or the factory) so I'd be interested in what's available. My email address should be attached to my profile. Thanks so much for your help!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.