Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

DX-7 range problem today!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

DX-7 range problem today!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 06:06 PM
The boys Back

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DX-7 range problem today!!

ORIGINAL: Eric Banner

Hi Dave,

I like the idea of extending the connection between the two receivers and it obviously worked O.K. with your Extra. Are you aware of any comment from the manufacturer on this action? I.e. have they confirmed it is OK to do so?

Rgds,
Eric

i spoke to Spektrum at Florida jets and thay said you can extend the sub RX as far as you want and they will be selling much longer leads as accesories
Old 03-19-2007, 06:08 PM
The boys Back

ORIGINAL: joeflyer

next time you have your jet out in the dark, give it a good run up and watch for lots of little blue sparks comming from the fuel lines! the fuel builds up a lot of static wizzing through the pipes!
WHAT ??? Have you ever actually seen this?

Joe

yes i have, its quite spectacular!!
Old 03-19-2007, 07:34 PM
PowerBoxDanny
My Feedback: (47)

After conversation with John today, he said they offer extensions right now but the longest they will offer in the future is a 36" extension.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:39 PM
John H.

Microwaves operate 2.4ghz because water is resonant at 2.4ghz.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:39 AM
gpang788

ORIGINAL: The boys Back

I have been using Spectrum here in the UK for a while now in Jets and large Petrol Planes. i have just fitted a twin RX set up in a 40% Extra and i mounted the 2 main RX at the back of the canopy well away from the fuel tank (as fluid completely blocks 2.4) and i extended the little cables that go to the sub RXs (by 5 foot) and stuck them up in the fin with velcro.

this way i have a large footprint.

i think it is very important in jets to seperate the RX from its sub RX by a fair distance as jets carry a lot of fuel and especialy a lightning with its unique tank set up.

remember, the system can only work efectively if the TX can "see" the RX!

Dave Stephens
Hi Dave, how do u setup a duo receiver system?
Old 07-29-2007, 08:11 AM
Chris Smith
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While range testing my Futaba FASST and my giant scale bipe, I was able to cause failsafe simply by putting my body between the airplane and the TX. In other words, I turned my back to the airplane. This was at range check low TX power and 100 paces. As soon as I turned and faced the model it recovered( throttle failsafe set to idle).

How much fluid do we all contain? I wonder what would happen if I was flying next to a really fat guy? I'm fat too, so chill.

Chris
Old 07-29-2007, 08:24 AM
squirt!

ORIGINAL: Chris Smith

While range testing my Futaba FASST and my giant scale bipe, I was able to cause failsafe simply by putting my body between the airplane and the TX. In other words, I turned my back to the airplane. This was at range check low TX power and 100 paces. As soon as I turned and faced the model it recovered( throttle failsafe set to idle).

How much fluid do we all contain? I wonder what would happen if I was flying next to a really fat guy? I'm fat too, so chill.

Chris

I dont find this all that surprising since range checks on Futaba radios are done at 100 feet not 100 paces. Sounds like you were over twice the recommended distance for a range check.

This may not apply to the FASST...but it is straight from the futaba website
http://www.futaba-rc.com/faq/faq-q331.html
Old 07-29-2007, 08:32 AM
Chris Smith
My Feedback: (2)

I was well past the Futaba minimum range test distance. I could'nt get the same body block results with 72mhz. Could be an issue, or it may not.

It might not be prudent to assume this is only a Futaba FASST issue.

Chris
Old 07-29-2007, 08:34 AM
Woketman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

That's because 2.4GHz radiation is readily absorbed by water, unlike 72 MHz. That's why your microwave is near 2.4 GHz and not 72 MHz.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:43 PM
BalsaBob
My Feedback: (24)

Could perhaps the information mentioned previously (in Post # 14) about the orientation of the second antenna be the key issue ? Why wait until 'the next manual update' to get this information out ? ? ? If, in fact, the orientation of the second antenna (as described in that post) is better than what is published in the manual ...... then every DX-7 owner should be made aware of this updated/better installation guidance ..... and as soon as possible. Bob