Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

All Eggs in One Basket???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

All Eggs in One Basket???

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 10:22 PM
JSF-TC
My Feedback: (2)

Received 134 Likes on 78 Posts
Default All Eggs in One Basket???

My collection of turbines has grown over the last 4 or so years to include a JetCat P80, a Wren MW44 and now a Wren 54 SuperSport. This got me thinking of the potential risk in investing in any one brand with regard to long term product support. There have been brands, especially in the early days of turbines that are no longer with us; JPX, Sophia, RAM for just 3 examples that spring to mind.

Not wishing the worst for any current manufacturer, and with absolutley no inside knowledge, axe to grind or pot to stir, I was wondering what the risks were about having one or multiple engine that cannot be either serviced or repaired by the original company in a few years if any of the current manufactures are no longer in business or are not supporting the model turbine side of their product line.

Maybe a bit like investments, spread them around rather than all one product line.

Paul
Old 04-20-2007, 10:44 PM
Airforce7
My Feedback: (31)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: All Eggs in One Basket???

Glad you brought this up as I was thinking about the same thing a few days ago. I've got two turbines from the same manufacturer. One of which missed the cut to be upgradeable to an SE, which sucks. It's still a great turbine nonetheless. As for future investments, I'd put the money down on JetCat and/or Wren. I believe they'll be around for many years to come. Ken