Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Falcon 120

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Falcon 120

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 08:58 AM
bahamadude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Falcon 120

For all you jet enthusiasts pull out ya 12 pound thrust turbine and slap it into this plane.

Especailly you all who has them in the bobcat 50

See there it is said when the term jet/turbine is used it must be expensive.

This is paving the way

The cow wont be milked anymore !!
All i know everyone wisening up (manufactures better follow suit )

All Fiberglass Fuselage construction with high durability color matched paint scheme.
The wing design incorporates a high efficiency airfoil using ultra modern construction techniques.

Wing Span : 63 in / 1600mm
Wing Area : 1007sq in / 65sq dm
Flying Weight : 12.3 lb / 5600 g
Fuselage Length: 76.8in / 1950mm
Engine Required : 1.20 2c or 1.60 4c ;
Radio Required: 6 channels ; Servos: 11

Fixed landing gear included w/ Optional pneumatic or electric retractable landing gear.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33946.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	219.1 KB
ID:	680751   Click image for larger version

Name:	Db83687.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	192.8 KB
ID:	680752  
Old 05-09-2007, 09:02 AM
Meesh
My Feedback: (135)

Default RE: Falcon 120

I just got that E:mail too!

PSTJ600R might fit nicely.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:48 AM
HAMMERDOWN
My Feedback: (100)

If it is built anything like the Bobcat pusher from the same company (as well as the rest of their fleet of models) you will get what you pay for. Building a model with the materials, fit, finish and quality that Nitro Models uses is not going to cause the jet manufacturers to lower the bar to meet them. There is a place for Nitro Models, and their products are a good value, but if they build an airframe that will hold up under the stresses that a turbine will subject it to, they will need to charge a little more than $249.00. I don't think you will find too many people that will put a $3000.00 turbine anywhere near a $250.00 airframe. Like the old helmet adage goes, "if you have a $50.00 head put it in a $50.00 helmet".
Old 05-09-2007, 10:30 AM
BruceTharpe
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Bahamadude sounds like a shill to me.

People, this thing has got to offend your sensibilities on some level. It is a blatant ripoff (not their first) of an American design. Then they give it a splashy, sport paint scheme and slap USAF stickers on it. Come on...

I hope the moderators are smart enough to see that this airplane has a propeller on it and that they move this thread to the appropriate forum, if there is one.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:43 AM
JetCatJimmy

Looks like a turbine would snap the TE right off that wing. Like the previous post said - I'm not trusting my $2500 turbine in something simply because it LOOKS like a Bobcat.

Edited for being too judgmental.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:43 PM
john agnew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like a few sour grapes here guys! The smaller version perhaps innapropriately named "Bobcat" has been shown to fly perfectly safely with a 10lb thrust turbine (Wren 44 gold) with appropriate strengthening modifications. At 63" span I do not think a 12lb turbine should be a problem in this model as long as it is beefed up in the right places. I have not yet heard of a mini "Bobcat" falling apart in the air so far which is more than you can say for some Eurosports and early Kingcats!

John
Old 05-09-2007, 02:08 PM
bahamadude

here we go again !!

It amazes me when we as consumers attempt to defend manufactures and discredit others.

These guys making big bucks and we sit here to quarrel ?

Peace guys !
Old 05-09-2007, 02:30 PM
JetCatJimmy

I was simply looking at the engine mount for the OS on its back. It was a correct assumption to believe that a 12lb turbine would snap off the TE, if by your reply you say that modifications need to be made to strengthen it. I apologize, however, for the venom. I am upset over something completely different and obviously am still a little heated. I think I'm gonna go get a massage or something. ha ha

It's a nice looking plane, but I also worry about the appropriate hardwood reinforcements and airtight wing area. I hate seeing planes explode.