Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 124 of 195 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,100 of 4867

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Bob Cat Copy Falcon 120 Jet

ORIGINAL: Xairflyer

You have to own a Boomerang to appreciate just how good a aeroplane it is, no good just saying I have flown one, when you fly it week after week and it becomes totally reliable and flyable out of any strip in any conditions, you really get to love it.

When I first seen them I thought why would anyone buy one and then I was offered one back in the summer Second Hand at a tempting price ready to go, so I bought it, re covered it and now would not part with it, one of the nicest flying aeroplanes I have owned in 30yrs.
    Sorry dood, but I could never own one in my life time, nor would I waste burning kero in it. They are just too butt ugly. Bandits are my type of plane, however I have a Falcon 120 only for the crapy grass strips we have here. At least the Falcon looks the part!

Mav
    Love my Ultra Flash Merlin 140 and F22 Raptor P140 RX Multiplex Royal Pro 16

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

everyone to there own, I think to spend the sort of money BVM wants for a non scale plane like a bandit is madness, it may be fast but is a only really a jet wanabee !
    www.letterkennymodelflyingclub.com
    www.jmaireland.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: tim777jet

Hi mav many ways of doing this. I fly my falcon with all functions including an extendable nose leg (for take off) and smoke, with just a DX7.
    I had run out of channels, so couldnt fit an electric pump and link it to the U/C up selection, as motor would run dry when smoke fuel gone. I went for a pheumatic sysyem. I use an extra U/C air tank and a plastic RADWELD bottle, which holds i think 300mls. I conect a servo and tiny BVM air switch, via Y lead, to the U/C chanel. When the gear is down, servo is well away from the air switch. When gear selected up, the servo stops, just short from operating the air switch. I now flick the Rudder Mix switch on the transmitter, which I slaved to the U/C channel. My mix, gives virtually the same throws on the rudder, but the U/C channel, moves just a touch more and operates the air valve. Obviously the Air switch can be replaced with a microswitch for electric operation. I have used this method with mechanical U/C valves and the excellent jetronics electroinc valves, with great effect.
    There is not much info around on smoke, but I posted on here my setup and findings a long time ago, you could do a search. Also on youtube, (falcon120 (I am tim777jet)) you will see my comparison between MT smoke fluid and diesel and also my ground test.There was some talk about any flame getting past the turbine, during accel, igniting the smoke fluid, but have never seen this on my home made turbine, or any one elses. MT fluid is slightly blacker than diesel, so does show up a bit easier than diesl on a whitish sky. Against blue sky, diesel is fine. I just use diesel. Have tried, food colouring dyes and cooking oil and other concotions to no avail. If you want coloured smoke, it can only be done by spraying dye, into the evaporating diesel you are spraying into the jet efflux. It can not be added into the mix, so I have read. Apparently green is the best colour to have, you have to use textile dyes and the mess is terible, once stained you cant get it off. I have not experimented any further with colour, but if you get some results, please post them up.
    ref the spray pipe, i have tried spraying the fuel across the jet efflux at 90 degrees, along with it and back up into the tail cone. it seems 90 degs across is best for me. I do not get any residue on the tail, fins booms or engine.
    I use I think, a 3 or 4 mm piece of brass tube crushed down at the end @ 0.020thou. I have heard that the Xaco model knife blade is the correct size to squeeze the tube down to.
    When I apply the smoke fluid, my 100 psi air, flows into the RADSEAL bottle and pushes the fluid out the brass tube. The RADSEAL bottle fits nicely just in front of the main tank just fwd of my main tank. I fly from a rough grass , very short patch and have no noticeable difference in take off run with the fluid on board. My smoke lasts about 30 secs and tails off as the pressure drops, but good fun, especially when the sky is blue, Hope that helps, cheers tim
    Tim,

Any chance of some pics of your pressurised smoke system and the install??

Cheers,

Mav
    Love my Ultra Flash Merlin 140 and F22 Raptor P140 RX Multiplex Royal Pro 16

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

still plugging along on the fiberglass. I only have the booms and stab to do now along with the wings.

I got the gear installed in the plane and am working on making the mounts for the servos in the booms.
    www.hobbiesxtreme.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Mav, if you go to the (search this thread) icon at top of page, put in (smoke), there is a lot of info. You can look at each author I am tim777jet. Here is the link to one of my posts with pictures,

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_59...tm.htm#7716206

Hope that helps, cheers tim

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just recieved the wing tube from Rcfoam. Its definatly more rigid than the cheesy aluminium one. Also the stock one did not reach the stops on the inside of the wing. Id sure hate to pile up this beautiful jet because I got to crazy with the elevator stick. Just fired it up on sunday to check the fuel system,getting real close to maiden now. Just need to ballance,hash out an airleak on the brake valve and mount the canopy.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the update on the tube. Is it a snug fit on the existing phenolics or does it have some slop? Did you extend the tube out to the gear or just cut it to the current length
    www.hobbiesxtreme.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Its a nice tight fit. I just cut it to meet the stops inside the wing.

Curacao, Willemstad, NETHERLANDS ANTILLES
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi guys, just received my Falcon from the black friday special.
    I took a look at wing tube, in my kit i got for the wing tube an aluminun tube and the thicknes of the tube is 1.5mm, its a strong tube so no need for a carbon tube.
    I also orderd the the fuel tank that " derrickx8103 " sell on rcu, very nice home made fuel tank , fits nice in the fuse, I better had orderd the wing tanks also.
    Here I have some pics of the fuse and the wing tube and fuel tank.

Gio.

www.curacao-rc-club.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jh15091.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	1340491   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vq52154.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	1340492   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ms42644.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	1340493   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yr48326.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	1340494  

Tank looks good !!!

Let me know if you have any problems with it.

Derrick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Are those your dirty underwear under the tank?

Other than that the tank looks like a good fit.
    www.hobbiesxtreme.com

Whats the best way to remove the formers without damaging the glass. The ones in the tank area on my kit do seem to have a lot of glue around them. I want to remove them so that i can make custome ones to suit the tank and retain the stregnth. I was wondering about a soldering iron but are worried it might damage the paint or gelcoat with the heat. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
    I Just Wanna Fly

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

tap with a metal rod or extension for a rachet and they will fallout easy. some you may need a hook to hit from behind. they canbe reused after removal if you don't hurry to much

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just snapped mine out no problem
    www.letterkennymodelflyingclub.com
    www.jmaireland.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gently heat the glue with a film shrinking gun, they will then fall out, don't overheat the FG or the paint may peel.

Mike
    My Gast is Flabered.
    No matter what anyone say's 100% is the maximum you can get.
    If you see a deleted post, my Avatar say's it all.

JUST PULL THEM OUT. THE GLUE THEY USE IS JUNK !!! FORMERS ARE JUNK TOO. I DONT HAVE FORMERS IN MINE. I RE-GLASSED THE INSIDE OF THE FUSE.

DERRICK

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hold the formers with you 2 fingers and start pulling them back an forward and they come lose.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've spent a LOT of time trying to figure out how to do the canopy on the Falcon. I ended up with this. I piece of 1/16" lite-ply, scored with a Dremel wheel to flex, then taped to the top of the fuselage opening and CA put into the scores to hold the curve. New, thicker canopy then bolted to the plate with attachment blocks. I need to add a pin of some sort to the front and a latch to the back, but this much seems to work well. I'll paint the frame of the canopy white and add a pilot or maybe instruments before I'm done.

-Chuck

Name:	Ec87838.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	124.9 KB 
ID:	1345096  
    Stacey E. (Chuck) Mills
    Charlottesville, VA.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello Gio,
    I'm building a Falcom 120 / Wren 70 Jet. Can you give me a little more info about who/where you bought the Fuel Tank from? Coild not find derrickx8103.

Hobbyaire (Dave Hollfelder, USA)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: hobbyaire

Hello Gio,
    I'm building a Falcom 120 / Wren 70 Jet. Can you give me a little more info about who/where you bought the Fuel Tank from? Coild not find derrickx8103.

Look ^^ four posts. It's derrickxp8103. You can also find him listed in the RCUniverse Marketplace. Just do a search for "Falcon 120" and "Falcon 120 Fuel Cells" will show up as a Marketplace listing. Note that the $220 is for the full set of tanks including wing tanks. The fuselage tank is $120.00.
    Stacey E. (Chuck) Mills
    Charlottesville, VA.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: hobbyaire

Hello Gio,

Go to BUY&SELL, then go to airplanes and look for jets, and you will find it on page 5.

HERE ARE THE TANKS...........

Name:	Pn37836.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	115.0 KB 
ID:	1345198  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

aahh ... was missing the p in the name derrickxp8103. May I ask now many oz. or Litres do the tanks (fuse and wings) hold? need close to 2L or 64 oz.

Hey

Main tank is @ 80oz

Wing tanks are @ 20oz each

Thanks,
    Derrick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Derrick,
    Just curious, do most use all 3 tanks? I have a wren 70, will 80oz suffice, or do most go with all 3 for max flght time???

Dave