Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 61 of 195 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 4874

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Bob Cat Copy Falcon 120 Jet

Still waiting on my Rabbit.....I went through TBM since you get the free fueler.

My airpower (see retract system) made it through customs yesterday so I should see that stuff soon as well.

Can't wait to get started on it.
    www.hobbiesxtreme.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

How is this model as an electric conversion?
    Ken H
    \"Just go fly something\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This is my turbine setup. I have "U" shaped the rear plate, in order to low the turbine at maximum. I have modificated the rear part, to eliminate the "steep" and make the contour more smoth. It has 5ΒΊ down angle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Db85280.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	1011491   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ie98177.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	1011492   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Di99770.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	1011493   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mg98262.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	1011494  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Felix, Good photo's. Same set-up I thought about useing on mine. How much shorter is the back stand-offs then the front??? Keep the photo's coming!!! Hooker53
    Scratch it till it bleeds Convert it till it chokes

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Got my gear and wheels today from Airpower[&:]
    www.hobbiesxtreme.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Felix, nice standoffs. Did you make them ?

... zak

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes, I did them. Front is 45 mm, and rear, about 41,5 mm. The turbine is really low.

Regrds.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sweetpea01, Got a photo of them bad boys?? What size rabbit are you building??? Hooker53

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'll get one in a few days. I promised myself I wouldn't step foot in the shop till after Monday due to some tests I've been studying for all week.

I plan the JC Rabbit (19lb thrust). I have almost everything for the plane. Still need a brake actuator/gear door sequencer and the Robart trail link struts (though I'm going to call Dreamworks and see what they might have first).

Remember all the large, expensive items from this plane move over to my F-16 that is sitting in the box right now.
    www.hobbiesxtreme.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Anyone have a photo or two with their P-80 mounted? I just need to look at how they mounted the P-80.
    Thanks!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am using the Spektrum DX7, and ran out of channels to operate the smoke system, so linked it into the undercarriage, ie gear up smoke on ( I use a pneumatic system not electric). I have now used the rudder mix switch on the top r/h side of the tx. I mixed this to the undercairrage channel, so when selecting gear up, the servo arm just stops short of opening the smoke valve. I flick the rudder mix switch, and servo moves just enough to operate the valve. There is an offset function in the rudder mix, which makes the undercariage servo do all sorts of different movements when the rudder stick is moved, so took a while to set it up without servos binding, but works well. I can now retract the gear then switch the smoke on when i like.

Ref my nose gear extension mechanism, I found when i was up the flying field that i would occasionally get an air leak, across the the piston o ring. The leak stopped at pressures around 60 psi, but any higher and it would leak. On test in the house all was fine. I was chatting to a jet model suppliers about the problem, and they said they get a lot of selector valves back, which seem to leak, but in fact it is the o ring seal on the piston rolling over (some well know high end brands suffer from this as well). I tried a well known high end brand piston ram and found similar problems myself. I wanted to order some BVM O ring lube to try and irradicate the problem, but shop was out of stock. I tried 3 in 1 spray oil with PTFE lube content from Halfords, and hey presto no leaks, so far. Havnt flown the model yet, but have had it pressurized outside and all appears ok. Might help someone with leaking rams. Also no need to disassemble, just spray it into the air pipes and on the next operations it lubes itself. This has worked on my home made jack and selector valve, so cant say it will work on yours.

On my 68th, 69th and 70th flights, the engine failed to start first time, strange. I removed the glow plug, and found a perfect ring of coke had formed around the plug, covering the element. Turned the model upside down and removed it and fitted a new plug just in case, hopefully that was the problem.

I am using a flow reducer on air up spring down retracts now ( havnt tried it in flight yet). I use a Skymaster quick disconnect coupling in the main air up line. I fit a miniture ball bearing in the disconect before screwing the two halfs together. On the side of the coupling that has the o ring and push out nipple, I cut a cross slot across the end of the brass nipple ( the bit inside the valve body). The reason for this is when you select up, the ball bearing is forced to the end which has not been cut and the ball tries to seal the tube off. Obviously it will never seal perfectly, so the air leaks past and gives you smooth slow retract. Now when you select down, all that air has to escape quickly to allow the gears, (especially the nose, which is fighting the air loads) to spring down rapidly to lock properly. The slot cut across the other nipple, ensures the ball can not restrict the air flow too much. This is I think is a better system than using a restrictor ( a brass nipple with a tiny hole in it) as you will get a restriction in both directions, cheers Tim

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Tim, It looks like you have been doing some thinking as well as working out a few problems. Keep them coming. Thats just what we like to see here. Some good stuff that everyone can use!!! I have my T-500 coming in tomorrow so looking forward to getting it on my Falcon 120 after a few runs on the test stand of coarse. Next I will be looking for some retracts for mine. I will build the struts and the wheel/brake assy. Think I may go with the Robart 530 but not sure on this one yet!! Hooker53

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am using a simple on/off air valve for my brakes and seperate air bottle. Valve is connected to elevator channel, so down elevator brings brakes on as normal. On my last flight was doing more inverted flying than normal, and when i landed in stiff crosswind, i floated a bit longer than normal. No problem, though, I could brake before the grass turned to a rougher patch, but just my luck, no brakes. Plane rolled ito the thicker grass, no problems though. When i checked the air tank, all pressure had gone. I found that with the air valve in the ;not quite on or off; position, the valve leaked air. With my inverted flying with a dash of down elevator, i had lost my air. I was going to make my own zero loss air valve, but opted for a different soloution. I am using a Jettronic double valve to operate the gear. My gear is air up spring down, and have arranged the plumbing so, gear down selection, the pressurized line feeds the brakes and my nose gear extension mechanism. When selecting gear up, the down line vents and shuts off air to brakes and nose extension mechanism. I will have no leaks in flight now. On selecting down, the air up line vents and gear springs down, and i now have my brakes and nose extension back.
    I have now removed the brake air tank and run on just one tank for everything. I get 4 retractions with full locking up of the gears and still have enough pressure for the nose gear extension and many applications of the brakes. Just waiting for the gales to subside to try everything out.
    I know the jettronic valve is fairly pricey when you first look at them, but when you consider you need to buy a servo and an operating valve, it is good value. I must say the valve is really easy to set, no linkages at all, just press a buttons on the valve for half a second and you are done. Also i read on the internet, when i was reseaching these valves, that the weight was around 60 gramms, which is rubbish. They weigh about 23 grams, which is as light as a mini servo. The new style unit, does not use the festo quick connectors now, it uses barbs which are designed to take the excellent robart air tubing, which i think is 3.2mm, much better idea. Tim

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi all
    Here is a picture of My Falcon on approach. Power is Wren Supersport and it handles ful throttle no problem. Great plane loads of fun.
    Rod
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sq47390.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	1015018  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hi all,
    just a thought about the brake on down elevator,i have a pcm 2 and was able to use a mix that the brakes work on down ele but only when the gear switch was activated,so when the wheels are up,the brake doesn`t work[:'(]
    and then realised its on the ele channel so couldn`t do it.[&o]
    put put put put put put put put

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

couldn`t do it. why? i use pcm 9x11 and got it so went the wheel are up i have no steering or brakes and when down the steering and brakes switch on automaticaly
    rodh see you got yours flying then that ss realy makes this plane fun , have you got some pic of the install.what tank did you use in the end & how long are your flights I`am flying for 6.5 mins and still got best part of 1lt left thats with 2lt tank i can`t be flying it hard enuff yet

new2jets
    I FEEL THE NEED THE NEED FOR SPEED

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This model sounds perfect for our grass strip. I have a 16 that I would not fly off grass. So how do I get one???? I emailed Nitro modles who state on their web site NO international shipping for large boxs???? They have not replied to me email as I said I would cover shipping no problem[]

So how do I get one into Australia????? I got my FE F 16 delivered to Australia no problem for $150 USD DHL and that was a much larger box. How do I get one???? Help please

Mav[8D]
    Love my Ultra Flash Merlin 140 and F22 Raptor P140 RX Multiplex Royal Pro 16

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Try ausjets Rob could most likely help you get one.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

IF YOU WILL PAY FOR THE ALL THE EXTRA COST S/H THROUGH UPS. I HAVE ONE NIB I'LL SEND YOU. IF YOU WANT ONE.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Where on the fuselage would be a good place to exit with the main tank overflow line ? Do you use a fitting, and what type ? I'd like it to be able to hook up with a taxi tank sitting on the wing. Got pics ?

... zak

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: warrbirdcrasher

IF YOU WILL PAY FOR THE ALL THE EXTRA COST S/H THROUGH UPS. I HAVE ONE NIB I'LL SEND YOU. IF YOU WANT ONE.
    Warrbirdcrasher,

I will take it if the shipping is reasonable or similar to my F 16 $150USD.

Send me a PM with what you want for it and if you have any idea of shipping cost to OZ???

Cheers, Mav[8D]
    Love my Ultra Flash Merlin 140 and F22 Raptor P140 RX Multiplex Royal Pro 16

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Mavrik!

This model sounds perfect for our grass strip. I have a 16 that I would not fly off grass. So how do I get one???? I emailed Nitro modles who state on their web site NO international shipping for large boxs???? They have not replied to me email as I said I would cover shipping no problem[]

So how do I get one into Australia????? I got my FE F 16 delivered to Australia no problem for $150 USD DHL and that was a much larger box. How do I get one???? Help please

Mav[8D]
    I bought it here. In one week came from EEUU to Spain. Very cheap transport.

http://cgi.ebay.es/Super-Falcon-120-...QQcmdZViewItem

Regards

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Mavrik!

Mav[8D]
    Hi Mavrik

I have just one 1 last week that i got in Australia

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/New-Radio-Con...742.m153.l1262

Check it out

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OK Guys. Having a prob deciding on retracts for this Falcon 120. Lets have a roll call and see what most of ya are using. From what I can see, Robart 530 or 550. Which one are you using for the nose???? Thanks Hooker53

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hooker-

I know I owe you a pic of my retracts.

I'm going with the Airpower 250B (I think) and the robart 669LH and
    669RH and 668 Fork nose gear.