Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

VELOX.. Build thread with Photo's..

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

VELOX.. Build thread with Photo's..

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 01:47 AM
tjrhodes01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Slow speed and high speed characteristics are great and it can be a missle with 100
Old 10-01-2013, 05:11 PM
M3Baker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the G2 with a Jet Central Super Bee II. Great flying jet but can profile and disappear, especially on approaches. I've got around 25 flights on mine now and it is really a fun jet. Mine also has the 3 axis Cortex Gyro and I recently tied my nose gear to the gyro. Tracks beautifully on the ground and in the air. I'm really liking this one.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:04 AM
n57tc

I am thinking about this airplane as my first turbine.

Can someone tell me who would have this airplane and retracts in stock in the USA.

i have not been able to locate anyone with them.

thanks,

Jim
Old 11-04-2013, 10:10 AM
M3Baker

I would contact Global Jet Club and ask when they will be back in stock.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:34 AM
sandyjain

Originally Posted by n57tc
I am thinking about this airplane as my first turbine.

Can someone tell me who would have this airplane and retracts in stock in the USA.

i have not been able to locate anyone with them.

thanks,

Jim
I would not advise the Velox as a 1st jet. I had mine for 3 years and could fly/ manage to fly it only after having flown other better suited models for rookies. I suggest you look at the PST Reaction.
Of course the G2 is a later version as I had the 1st version - But still it is not for 1st timers.
Other typical 1st time jet models are the Boomerangs and the BVMs.
Flying and enjoying my PST Reaction - my vote still goes to it.....team it up with a KingTech 100 or a JetCentral Rabbit.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:16 PM
n57tc

M3Baker,

I contacted Mike at Globaljet club after I posted on this forum.

Mike Lin has already sent me info on his new Xcalibur twin boom turbine set to arrive in December.

I will be looking at the Xcalibur as it seems the Tornado is no longer available here in the U.S.A.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:36 PM
PaulD
My Feedback: (39)

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

If you like that style of jet and prefer an all composite airframe, take a look at the SuperPhoenix from UltimAte Jets:

http://www.ultimate-jets.net/collect...s/superphoenix

PaulD
Old 11-05-2013, 02:42 PM
M3Baker

Originally Posted by n57tc
M3Baker,

I contacted Mike at Globaljet club after I posted on this forum.

Mike Lin has already sent me info on his new Xcalibur twin boom turbine set to arrive in December.

I will be looking at the Xcalibur as it seems the Tornado is no longer available here in the U.S.A.
The Xcalibur is going to be a great jet. You won't be disappointed.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:55 PM
M3Baker

Originally Posted by sandyjain
I would not advise the Velox as a 1st jet. I had mine for 3 years and could fly/ manage to fly it only after having flown other better suited models for rookies. I suggest you look at the PST Reaction.
Of course the G2 is a later version as I had the 1st version - But still it is not for 1st timers.
Other typical 1st time jet models are the Boomerangs and the BVMs.
Flying and enjoying my PST Reaction - my vote still goes to it.....team it up with a KingTech 100 or a JetCentral Rabbit.
Sandy,
I respectfully disagree. I have the Velox G2 and it is not hard to fly at all. I went from a boomer to this model rather quickly. What the Velox will do is get you ready to fly other models with high wing loading. The boomers don't do this in my opinion. Too many bad habits (especially on landings) are developed with boomers and like models. The only difficult thing for me in transitioning to the Velox was that it can get a little difficult to see on approaches as it is a very thin airframe when viewed from head on, but you get adjusted to this after a few flights.
Paul
Old 11-05-2013, 03:05 PM
tjrhodes01

must agree with m3baker from takoff to landing completely predictable and sooo easy to fly lands like a ***** cat with flaps down i use about 30 deg and ditto on the thin profile im running a k100g so when i dont feel like putting it like a trainer i can ring it out with the best of the hot sport jets

Last edited by tjrhodes01; 11-05-2013 at 03:05 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-05-2013, 08:14 PM
sandyjain

Originally Posted by M3Baker
Sandy,
I respectfully disagree. I have the Velox G2 and it is not hard to fly at all. I went from a boomer to this model rather quickly. What the Velox will do is get you ready to fly other models with high wing loading. The boomers don't do this in my opinion. Too many bad habits (especially on landings) are developed with boomers and like models. The only difficult thing for me in transitioning to the Velox was that it can get a little difficult to see on approaches as it is a very thin airframe when viewed from head on, but you get adjusted to this after a few flights.
Paul
Well I have the 1st generation Velox NOT G2. And that has the bad habbit of pulling a "Cobra" on you. You always need to keep the speed up and nose down....
Also the profile is extremely thin.
I agree about the docility/ predictability of the boomers...
That is why I like my Reaction....slow and steady if you want and a beast if you can handle !!
Old 11-06-2013, 02:23 AM
tjrhodes01

G2 no cobra, tried everything this season to see if it would but its just not their
Old 11-06-2013, 03:21 AM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

Does anyone have a link to a vid, that shows a cobra landing?

I have a buddy who is going to use a first gen Velox to get his waiver with, and I'd like to see how slow the onset is.

Last edited by Dr Honda; 11-06-2013 at 06:03 PM.
Old 11-06-2013, 03:21 PM
M3Baker

Originally Posted by sandyjain
Well I have the 1st generation Velox NOT G2. And that has the bad habbit of pulling a "Cobra" on you. You always need to keep the speed up and nose down....
Also the profile is extremely thin.
I agree about the docility/ predictability of the boomers...
That is why I like my Reaction....slow and steady if you want and a beast if you can handle !!
Sandy, you're right. We are comparing two very different airframes. I do have the G2 version and it WILL NOT cobra. I've tried to make it cobra and it just won't. The 15% longer booms have corrected that problem. However, I have been told that it only happens with the old airframe when you get too slow at a high AOA. I have heard that the wing blanks the elevator surface. So I guess as long as you keep the nose down and don't get too slow you're ok.

To recap: old style Velox probably not a great first jet, new style Velox G2, very manageable first jet.

Just my opinion.
Old 11-06-2013, 03:49 PM
M3Baker

Originally Posted by Dr Honda
Does anyone have a link to a vid, that shows a cobra landing?

I have a buddy who is going to use a first gen Velox to get his waiver with, and I'd like to see ho slow the onset it.
I've never been able to find one. Here is a good video of Boli demonstrating the old style Velox at Florida Jets a few years ago. You can get a good sense of the flying characteristics and proper landing set up from his video. Not too sure why he didn't land on the runway, maybe there was another jet in the way.

http://youtu.be/0CSwGlc2zVo

you could always just take his jet up and do some slow high AOA passes at altitude and see what speed and set up causes the dreaded cobra.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:06 PM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

Originally Posted by M3Baker

you could always just take his jet up and do some slow high AOA passes at altitude and see what speed and set up causes the dreaded cobra.

I'll check out the vid. And... yes... I will take it high, and see what it does at stall. At altitude, is it easy to recover? (or will it try to spin??)
Old 12-11-2013, 04:30 PM
chris1971

I contacted global Jet Club today to see if they have any Velox G2's for sale. Hopefully I will hear back from them in a couplesof days. I currently have a Boomerang Sprint with a Kingtech K-80E with 180 flights and am ready to move onto a new sport jet. I have been looking at the Superphoenix from Aviation Design and the Velox as possible replacements. Anybody purchased one of these from GJC lately? How is the quality holding up on the new version?

Thanks,
Chris

Last edited by chris1971; 12-11-2013 at 07:11 PM.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:26 PM
mikedenilin
My Feedback: (67)

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Hi Chris. Jose would contact you shortly. If you are looking for a sport jet, try Viper 1.9M or Gryphon. They fly very well and docile with a 80 size turbine.. We got them in stock. We also have the larger Velox Xl in stock.

Mike
Old 12-11-2013, 08:08 PM
voodoodb
My Feedback: (98)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Chris I have one of the first V2 that is 3 or 4 years old now. Still flying great with a P 70. Very good flying jet.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:07 AM
chris1971

Voodoo,

Thanks for the reply. Where is Flora? I just took a trainer to my cousin in Hernando, MS. and he is looking for someone to help him learn to fly in his area.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:11 AM
chris1971

Mike,

I like the Viper. A guy has one at my local club and it is really a nice flying plane. I just have to have an airplane that breaks down like my boomerang for transporting in the trunk of my car. Do you know when the small Velox's will be back in stock?
Old 12-12-2013, 04:55 PM
voodoodb
My Feedback: (98)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Flora is right outside of Jackosn in the center of MISSISSIPPI.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:57 PM
M3Baker

Originally Posted by chris1971
I contacted global Jet Club today to see if they have any Velox G2's for sale. Hopefully I will hear back from them in a couplesof days. I currently have a Boomerang Sprint with a Kingtech K-80E with 180 flights and am ready to move onto a new sport jet. I have been looking at the Superphoenix from Aviation Design and the Velox as possible replacements. Anybody purchased one of these from GJC lately? How is the quality holding up on the new version?

Thanks,
Chris
Chris,
I have a G2 and have been flying it for about 6 months. I have around 75 flights on mine and I'm really enjoying it. I too moved up from a boomer and this model is a lot faster. The jet is holding up nicely, no issues with quality. My power set up is a Jet Central Super Bee II. I'm probably getting 150 -160 Mph on full power passes. This jet is a step up from a boomer and needs power management. Needs full flaps to slow down for landing as it carries speed very well.

I would highly recommend this model to anyone as I'm having a ball with mine.
Paul
Old 12-27-2013, 06:34 PM
jedda747

Default G2 velox russian theme

Here are some images of my G2 velox its driven by a kingtech K100 G
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	velox 1.jpeg
Views:	925
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	1951883   Click image for larger version

Name:	velox 2.jpeg
Views:	875
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	1951884  
Old 12-27-2013, 10:42 PM
SLING MT

Jedda great layout in the V! Looks like you have put a lot of thought and time into her...
Good luck with the Maiden and hope you can post some more pics?
Love the Russian!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.