Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

VELOX.. Build thread with Photo's..

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

VELOX.. Build thread with Photo's..

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 05:24 PM
TREADSTONE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: VELOX.. Build thread with Photo's..

Righty.....here's what i've done...

Firstly made a card template for both the front mount and mains plate...then did all the measureing and made a 1.5mm ply template...this was spot on so i've cut two 3mm Carbon plates for the mains and one for the front , all i'm going to do now i cut the recess out as per ply plate and recess the front plate exactly in the middle.. the JET-1A Retract gear will bolt through the cabon and the 6mm original ply mounts on one side of the mains plates and then just through the carbon which in turn will be bolted to the 6mm original plate...a walk in the park..

The 6mm wood bit in the middle of the photo is the bridge for F2 former and has the cut out for the air cylinder on the front retract unit...should get aload done this weekend...Its monsoon season ...I.E. Summer..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39157.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	708932  
Old 06-22-2007, 05:37 PM
TREADSTONE

Oh..! here's another little mod fom this last week...

..Made the fuel tank a 1 feed, 1 fill, 1 vent setup..So with the mais isolated from the pump ( Festo 90 degree valve ) you can still fiil th tank and vent the air out to atmosphere..

Name:	Om33865.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	708942  
Old 06-23-2007, 06:25 AM
djindivik

Hiya Joeflyer, No, the FaiBao retracts are no better a fit than the the rest we have seen here, they are in fact 8mm narrower that the mounting blocks, & while i've got my moaning head on. The Servo mounting brackets are a good idea, but, the small screws that actually go through the servo lugs are about 2mm shorter than needs be. First, you are unable to use any rubber servo mountings, ok but the brackets are of such a soft material that the threads are very easily stripped, they are just slightly bigger than 3mm & appear to be some obscure Chinese thread, & a sloppy fit at that, I have had to leave out the washers from the servo mounts to get any purchase & threadlocked the screws in place. Ok, onward but not upward yet ! The Wheels & brake units are from FB but the struts are from 1A, very nice, but incompatable. To mount the wheels onto the Jet 1A legs requires a spacer (supplied). I did not need to have to do precision engineering work to attatch the spacer block to the legs, It requires drilling tapping & countersinking to make a good job, ok if you have drill press, tapping facilities, & the nessesary precision engineering skills, to say nothing of the time involved. Oh, & there is still a 1mm gap between the spacer block & the leg, Is this what the shim stock is for ?? I bought the complete package as a 'Go Fly' project, hoping, naively, that everything would fit & drop into place, & be completed in the advertised 30 hrs, not so ! ARTF ?? Re arranged with the 'F' at the front morelike. When my Velox will fly I dont know. I feel like everything is being 'bodged to fit'.

Name:	Ec89119.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	709185   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk31841.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	709186   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ns45407.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	709187   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rk23196.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	709188  
Old 06-23-2007, 06:41 AM
figueroa
My Feedback: (22)

Thanks for the heads up djindivik ,
I was just about ready to take the plunge and order one, I guess I will wait till they get every thing streightened out . I have a Boomerang XL and thought the Velox would make a good second jet.
Cheers,
jef
Old 06-23-2007, 09:44 AM
SinCityJets

Looks like this isn't as quick a build as we were led to believe. It's very disappointing to learn the Jet 1A struts are NOT drop in. Looks like you're better off sticking with the stock FB ones.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:03 PM
JustABigKid
My Feedback: (3)

Wagner, the US importer, is currently in China checking on the next Velox shipment (due to arrive at the end of July). I've forwarded this info to him so he can hopefully clean up these small problems. I ordered a Velox in the July shipment...
Old 06-23-2007, 12:27 PM
djindivik

ORIGINAL: C2_Hobbies

Looks like this isn't as quick a build as we were led to believe. It's very disappointing to learn the Jet 1A struts are NOT drop in. Looks like you're netter of sticking with the stock FB ones.
The FB ones do 'drop in', but with an 8mm gap, so I will still have to make up new mounting plates. Quite honestly i do not like the way the retract units have to stick out proud of the wing seat either, i would have preferred the retracts to have been opposite rotation, that way, the pistons would have been 'inside' the wing, not exposed & vulnerable, as they are. Cheers. Ray

Name:	Rp44154.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	709287  
Old 06-24-2007, 07:32 AM
TREADSTONE

Carbon gear plates now done...Held in by 4mm cap head bolts, but i will swap these out for countersunk 4mm bolts....WHEN they get here...

As a bye the bye the artiste in residence has added some fine art detail... Starting to look good

Name:	Wt59284.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	709776   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx75110.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	709777   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz67852.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	709778   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hb80340.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	709779  
Old 06-24-2007, 06:09 PM
djindivik

Here we go again, two three four ! I just came to the part where i tried to fit the Jet 1A legs into the FaiBao retract units, & guess what, the hole's too big, the one in the trunnion block, not much, only .25mm but as you will see from the photo, that is a lot to take up with a pinch bolt, in fact, to get to the stage you see in the photo ( the unit on the left) i had to put so much pressure on the pinch bolt that it snapped the Allen key. Which, incidentally is an imperial size at .125" or 3.15mm. Anyway the leg is still loose in the trunnion. You know, when i bought the "go fly" option, i really thought that everything would just 'fit', with no pharting arsing about. Don't get me wrong on this, the airframe is beautifull, the servos are very good, the retracts & the Jet 1A legs are gorgeous. I just wish it would all fit together as I expected it to, or am i asking too much ? Ray.

Name:	Pn37772.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	710106  
Old 06-24-2007, 07:02 PM
justturbines

Hi Ray

if you got the oleo's with your kit you should of had 2 bits of shim sheel.

Pete
Old 06-25-2007, 12:56 AM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: djindivik

Here we go again, two three four ! I just came to the part where i tried to fit the Jet 1A legs into the FaiBao retract units, & guess what, the hole's too big, the one in the trunnion block, not much, only .25mm but as you will see from the photo, that is a lot to take up with a pinch bolt, in fact, to get to the stage you see in the photo ( the unit on the left) i had to put so much pressure on the pinch bolt that it snapped the Allen key. Which, incidentally is an imperial size at .125" or 3.15mm. Anyway the leg is still loose in the trunnion. You know, when i bought the "go fly" option, i really thought that everything would just 'fit', with no pharting arsing about. Don't get me wrong on this, the airframe is beautifull, the servos are very good, the retracts & the Jet 1A legs are gorgeous. I just wish it would all fit together as I expected it to, or am i asking too much ? Ray.

you had 2 pieces of metal as shown on the picture you made yourself.
the chinese gear had a bit of difference of landing gears
that is why i supllied everyone , with 2 metal 0,1 metal shims
these bend around the jet-1a oleo.
if you read the manual it is all there....
it also cautions you in telling that if you do not use the shims you will damage your landing gear..

Name:	Sp45482.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	710445  
Old 06-25-2007, 01:04 AM
digitech

Hiya Joeflyer, No, the FaiBao retracts are no better a fit than the the rest we have seen here, they are in fact 8mm narrower that the mounting blocks, & while i've got my moaning head on. The Servo mounting brackets are a good idea, but, the small screws that actually go through the servo lugs are about 2mm shorter than needs be. First, you are unable to use any rubber servo mountings, ok but the brackets are of such a soft material that the threads are very easily stripped, they are just slightly bigger than 3mm & appear to be some obscure Chinese thread, & a sloppy fit at that, I have had to leave out the washers from the servo mounts to get any purchase & threadlocked the screws in place. Ok, onward but not upward yet ! The Wheels & brake units are from FB but the struts are from 1A, very nice, but incompatable. To mount the wheels onto the Jet 1A legs requires a spacer (supplied). I did not need to have to do precision engineering work to attatch the spacer block to the legs, It requires drilling tapping & countersinking to make a good job, ok if you have drill press, tapping facilities, & the nessesary precision engineering skills, to say nothing of the time involved. Oh, & there is still a 1mm gap between the spacer block & the leg, Is this what the shim stock is for ?? I bought the complete package as a 'Go Fly' project, hoping, naively, that everything would fit & drop into place, & be completed in the advertised 30 hrs, not so ! ARTF ?? Re arranged with the 'F' at the front morelike. When my Velox will fly I dont know. I feel like everything is being 'bodged to fit'.
it seems your have the "first gen" ones

the newer models dont have this issue.
all kits delivered until now , have these installed (see picture)
also the axle holes are different now from 4,75 to 5mm.
if you would have enquired , we would have send you out new ones.
but i see you allready changed yours to fit , so problem is solved.
the shim is to fit between the oleo and retract , you can read in your next post how you managed to bend yours.
you can always RTFM if you like it is posted on our website

remember a answer is just a phonecall or email away...

Name:	Rp43609.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	710459   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf13961.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	710460  
Old 06-25-2007, 01:10 AM
rcjetmodels

ORIGINAL: C2_Hobbies

Looks like this isn't as quick a build as we were led to believe. It's very disappointing to learn the Jet 1A struts are NOT drop in. Looks like you're netter of sticking with the stock FB ones.
The FB ones do 'drop in', but with an 8mm gap, so I will still have to make up new mounting plates. Quite honestly i do not like the way the retract units have to stick out proud of the wing seat either, i would have preferred the retracts to have been opposite rotation, that way, the pistons would have been 'inside' the wing, not exposed & vulnerable, as they are. Cheers. Ray
Hi guys,

News from China, there is no more worries about to install the stock retracts, Fei Bao has made an upgrade and changed the mounting plates as you see in the pictures.
If you guys still need a manual how to install the LG I'm finishing my Velox manual and will be published in our website however it's not ready yet pending on the turbine installation, but by request I'll send and email of what I have so far that covers all the installation except the turbine.

regards,

Name:	Sq47504.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	710461   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg17820.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	710462  
Old 06-25-2007, 01:17 AM
rcjetmodels

ORIGINAL: JustABigKid

Wagner, the US importer, is currently in China checking on the next Velox shipment (due to arrive at the end of July). I've forwarded this info to him so he can hopefully clean up these small problems. I ordered a Velox in the July shipment...
Hi,

For my customers who bought the go fly package they will receive the factory installation like this one, but if was order the Jet-1A LG we will install it for you.

Name:	Wu60587.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	710465   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb89747.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	710466   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bg91596.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	710467   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jd88506.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	710468   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sd43600.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	710469  
Old 06-25-2007, 01:18 AM
digitech

Old 06-25-2007, 01:24 AM
rcjetmodels

ORIGINAL: digitech

Hey Sandor,

What is the point.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:49 AM
digitech

ORIGINAL: rcjetmodels

ORIGINAL: digitech

Hey Sandor,

What is the point.

i made a point
Old 06-25-2007, 04:01 AM
djindivik

If I read the Manual ? What manual ? Where is it ? Not with my kit, & no mention of it on the website. I am not claivoyant Sandor, how was i supposed to know that the 2 bits of shim, are to wrap around the 'CNC manufactured' oleo legs, to fill a CNC gap in the 'CNC manufactured' trunnion blocks ? CNC for accuracy ? Oh, plus 2 bits of tin to fill the gap. I still have not resolve the U/C situation yet. Ray
Old 06-25-2007, 04:37 AM
digitech

If I read the Manual ? What manual ? Where is it ? Not with my kit, & no mention of it on the website. I am not claivoyant Sandor, how was i supposed to know that the 2 bits of shim, are to wrap around the 'CNC manufactured' oleo legs, to fill a CNC gap in the 'CNC manufactured' trunnion blocks ? CNC for accuracy ? Oh, plus 2 bits of tin to fill the gap. I still have not resolve the U/C situation yet. Ray

www.digitech-turbines.com

Mouse click on the "manuals" button...

the trunion blocks are made by FeiBao not jet-1A.
so the difference in size , is compensated by the metal shim.
if you would have read the manual , it is printed in red that you dont do all the things you have done..
it is not tin , it is stainless steel same stuff we make the thrust tubes off.
why are you so negative all of a sudden?
something i did?.
you could have just popped me a email , you now i answer as fast as possible.
instead you are blaming everything and everyone about these issue,s.
your negative inputs is surely not helping you in resolving this is it?
still i post you all the solutions.

Old 06-25-2007, 09:54 AM
TREADSTONE

....Post #64 also gives an insight on how to mount the gear doors...

I printed the velox manual off ...Oh...must be A week or so ago...laminated it......

Ray,
If you want any shims of any thickness i have a plethora of them....

Name:	Ig12523.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	710609  
Old 06-25-2007, 11:18 AM
john agnew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

TS

Glad to see you are getting on with it and not blubbing about minor fixes like Ray The carbon gear mounts look good as does the artwork!

John
Old 06-25-2007, 11:35 AM
djindivik

Ok guys, when you aint no engineer, they aint minor fixes, & Guess what ? I found out something that i never knew existed, the F****g build manual. Had i have seen this it would all have been different. When i put Digitec's website into my 'favourites' file, i did it from the Velox pages, so i was not going to the main home page, so i didn't know there was a manual, Now i've got it & Sandor is going to change the legs for the ones i should have had. I have apologised to Sandor & now i want to apologise to him on here. Sorry Sandor, i really thought i was fighting on my own & in the dark. Anyway, i looks like the Velox will, like the Phoenix, rise from the ashes & Fly. Cheers for now. Ray. A happier bunny.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:32 PM
digitech

Ok guys, when you aint no engineer, they aint minor fixes, & Guess what ? I found out something that i never knew existed, the F****g build manual. Had i have seen this it would all have been different. When i put Digitec's website into my 'favourites' file, i did it from the Velox pages, so i was not going to the main home page, so i didn't know there was a manual, Now i've got it & Sandor is going to change the legs for the ones i should have had. I have apologised to Sandor & now i want to apologise to him on here. Sorry Sandor, i really thought i was fighting on my own & in the dark. Anyway, i looks like the Velox will, like the Phoenix, rise from the ashes & Fly. Cheers for now. Ray. A happier bunny.

No Problem everyone can make a mistake.
glad that it is sorted..
Old 06-26-2007, 11:45 AM
TREADSTONE

C/sunk 4mm setscrews arrived for gear mounting..

Made a couple of C/F eng mounts..

..And more artwork...

Name:	Vt57979.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	711541   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn41857.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	711542   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78042.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	711543   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql32772.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	711544  
Old 06-26-2007, 03:54 PM
SinCityJets

ORIGINAL: rcjetmodels

For my customers who bought the go fly package they will receive the factory installation like this one, but if was order the Jet-1A LG we will install it for you.

You the man Wagner!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.