Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

T-38 Jet Rally, Lubbock TX

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

T-38 Jet Rally, Lubbock TX

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 06:19 PM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: T-38 Jet Rally, Lubbock TX

/
Old 08-04-2007, 12:49 AM
shanksow
My Feedback: (2)

Looking forward to seeing all of guys come back this year. Randy - Really looking forward to seeing that 262!
Old 08-04-2007, 10:41 AM
james love

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I plan to be there on wesenday to lend my support and a second pair pf eyes for Les when he does the Me262 fiirst fllight. Less, being an old ex crop duster pilot, fllying the Me262 should be a walk in the park. We'll giive the Me262 a good check before she flys.

James Love
Old 08-04-2007, 01:30 PM
shanksow

Of course thats the day that my job denied me my Paid Time Off for. Going to have to read about it here towards the end of the shift that night. So be sure to post something on it Les, James, etc, etc, etc.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:42 PM
TXJETS
My Feedback: (3)

Thanks James, less will need four eyes. Bob I spoke with Less and they have made arrangements for overnight storage at the feild.

Randy
Old 08-04-2007, 11:58 PM
bcovish

/
Old 08-05-2007, 09:09 PM
rc4mike
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: bcovish

Mike, here is a map to Abernathy
Bob, that helps. I got it now.

thanks
ill give it to my navigator, Kevin. I am sure he can follow it.

see you soon....i hope

mike
Old 08-06-2007, 07:27 AM
jetjockey

Well, since I'm on the spot about the 262 maiden, I've gotta say something. I'm ready, bring that Sucker on!!!! James Love and I went out yesterday for a little flying, ended up staying the whole day. I got 5 flights on my new C-arf Lightning, 3 flights on my C-arf Rookie II, one flight on James' Skymaster F-15 (with a Titan - goes pretty good), and one flight on James' new Baby Boomerang with a P-60 on it. I was really tired, but got a lot of air time under my belt in preparation for next week and the 262 issue! Like I said, bring that Sucker on!!!

Looking forward to Roger's retirement party, and then the BBQ on Friday night. Gonna be a lot of fun. One thing about it, after Wednesday, we're either gonna be celebrating, or gonna be trying to forget the carnage!!!!! Either way, we're gonna git-r-done!!

See you guys in a week or so -- Looking forward to lots of flying all week!!

Les
Old 08-07-2007, 03:58 PM
TXJETS

CARNAGE, Think positive, i have already started the celebration and been cooking for two days, mostly done and vacumpacked, will do the ribs on site. I will make the refreshment run tonight, (they always talk about little green bottles for Tam, do you are someone know which one?) Is there jet fuel at the new airport. I will arrive this Friday around 2pm. One more thing check on the extra pit please, going to be alot of cooking next week. lookforward to it.

Randy
Old 08-07-2007, 04:58 PM
james love

No jet fule at the airport, but do know where I can get it on short notice.

James Love
Old 08-07-2007, 04:59 PM
james love

will you need turbin oil also, I have six qts at the shop.

James Love
Old 08-07-2007, 05:00 PM
tamjets

ORIGINAL: TXJETS

CARNAGE, Think positive, i have already started the celebration and been cooking for two days, mostly done and vacumpacked, will do the ribs on site. I will make the refreshment run tonight, (they always talk about little green bottles for Tam, do you are someone know which one?) Is there jet fuel at the new airport. I will arrive this Friday around 2pm. One more thing check on the extra pit please, going to be alot of cooking next week. lookforward to it.

Randy

Randy,
Can you get me the exact address for the place. I want to put in my GPS. My shipment just arrive and there is a lot works to do. I might just don't have the time to do any road trip planning. Turn on the GPS and go.
BTW, don't send me to any place that illegal. I'm only 17.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:08 PM
james love

Tam are you bring all of you forsale stuff. I need several items you stock?

James Love
Old 08-07-2007, 06:37 PM
TXJETS

Tam, I am going early so I can plan your illegal activities, will get the gps in the morning and email them to you, be ready when you get there i am making special green bottles.

Randy
Old 08-07-2007, 07:34 PM
bcovish

/
Old 08-07-2007, 09:47 PM
SUMMIT120

Bob,

The runway will not support the weight of anything as heavy as a motorhome, and we are not supposed to drive any vehicles on it at all - just airplanes. A culvert has been installed which will give access to the side of the airfield to the west of the runway. A driveway has been cut through the grass. We will have signs posted as well.

Mike Danchak
Old 08-07-2007, 10:19 PM
bcovish

/
Old 08-07-2007, 10:49 PM
SUMMIT120

Bob,

Access to the airport is off of Ranch Road 2060. This road is paved and leads back into town.

Mike Danchak
Old 08-09-2007, 10:44 AM
jetjockey

Guys, Looks like everything is ready for the big event next week! We've got the culvert in place for access, parking is ample, food/trophies/prizes are ready. Randy has the briskets aged and ready to smoke for Friday night BBQ. Weather is cooperating - forecast is for mid to high 90's, no rain, and wind (what little there is) will be down the runway. All we need now, is for next week to get here. I'll be at the field most of the week, getting everything ready that hasn't been addressed yet, so if any of you need to come early, feel free to do so.

LATE BULLETIN: There will be electricity provided for your tents/pop-ups - bring extension cords for access -- courtesy of Randy Brown!!

Remember, some lucky pilot WILL walk away with TamJets ARF A4 after the banquet on Saturday night, and somebody WILL win the Horizon Electric Airliner on Friday night at the BBQ. Everyone has an equal chance since these drawings are limited to ONLY the registered pilots, and there will be absolutely no additional ticket sales, so your chances are excellent to win one of these outstanding prizes, but you gotta register as a pilot to be eligible. Come on out, and let's have a good time.

Call me on my cell if you have issues, questions, or need directions. (806)239-4340

See you next week,

Regards, Les
Old 08-09-2007, 11:06 AM
John Redman

So do you just need to register as a pilot, or do you have to fly as well? If so I will send in my registration fees and put me in the raffle. I would love another SUper Airliner or even a Tam Jets A-4!!!
Old 08-09-2007, 01:09 PM
jetjockey

John, I would love to take registration fees from all over the country for the drawing, but the rules say that you must be present to win. Sorry, but the whole idea here is to entice participation and attendance at the meet. Besides that, how would you ever really know if I actually submitted your fees and raffle ticket unless you watched me in person?

Why don't you come on down, and I'll loan you my Rookie to fly - might even let you fly my Lightning, if you're nice!![sm=lol.gif]

If you come down, not only will you have a great time, but you can get some of Randy's world famous BBQ brisket, Texas Style!!!!!! AND have a chance for the drawing, too! Who knows, you just might be one of the winners!

Regards, Les
Old 08-09-2007, 11:01 PM
bcovish

Just talked to Joey Tamez (JT's Hobby-FT. Worth) and he may not be able to attend the jet rally this year. Being a new daddy for the third, running two hobby shops in the DFW area, his time is pretty limited.

Joey is donating a Spectrum module set (Module & receiver) for the JR 10X radio as a door prize for the pilots. He is also sending six module sets that will be for sale at the event if anyone is interested. I will have those with me. Hopefully Bob Price and myself should be there early Thursday morning.

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL HOBBY SHOP
Old 08-09-2007, 11:08 PM
shanksow

Bob

I'm glad to see that you are able to type whole messages again.

I was beginning to wonder....
Old 08-09-2007, 11:22 PM
bcovish

ORIGINAL: shanksow

Bob

I'm glad to see that you are able to type whole messages again.

I was beginning to wonder....
I spilled something on my keyboard and those were the only keys that worked
Old 08-10-2007, 06:54 AM
John Redman

Hey Les,

I would love to, but just have too much work on my plate at the moment.

I appreciate the offer for the Rookie and the Lightening, but I am not too sure I want to wait in teh long lines with a 72mHz radio.

Heading out tonight to hit a show up north (electric only) and then back home for a weekend before I head out to DOGS in Dayton.

You guys enjoy the times and fly one for me!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.