Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Futaba Trainer Shutdown

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Futaba Trainer Shutdown

Old 03-04-2003, 12:46 AM
A10FLYR
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba Trainer Shutdown

Has any one had a transmitter shut down when using the buddy cord? I was training a student today using two 9 ZAP's. The student was doing quite well so I didn't move the sticks on my tX, (master) for some time. Suddenly the student had no control. I switched to master TX and had no control either! After the crash I looked at the screen on my TX and it was shut down! Thinking the battery was dead I cycled the switch and had 9.8 V. I think the TX shut down because I didn't move the sticks on the master. Any ideas?
I will post this to the radio forum if I don't get answers here but I thought the JET guys were the smartest
Old 03-04-2003, 01:19 AM
sirrom
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 9Z

A10FLYR,
I also have the 9Z and if you don't move the sticks while you are in training mode it will shut off on you. all you have to do is while holding the switch in trainer mode just bump a stick every now and again. Also, you can change the time that it shuts itself down automatically.

Hope that helps.

patrick.
Old 03-04-2003, 01:20 AM
Jetkopter

The 9z has a timer that shuts you off if you dont move the sticks for a period of time, the purpose is to save your battery if you leave your TX on by mistake.The timer is adjustable so I would set it for max when flying with some one on the buddy box.

Don
Old 03-04-2003, 01:24 AM
Mr-Nat

That's a new one Dean. You thought of that excuse before the rest of us.,

Impressive

Nat

:idea:
Old 03-04-2003, 01:50 AM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Can,t that feature be disable ??? . I would not fly with a radio that
have that function. I think is a software problem, the slave radio should still keep master radio active. This is futaba problem.
Old 03-04-2003, 02:46 AM
A10FLYR

Yup, it can be disabled and I can adjust the delay time. 10 to 40 minutes in 10 minute increments. I just thought it was strange that it would shut off with the trainer cord hooked up!!! You'd think that function would be shut off when using the trainer function. Just a word to the wise....

Nat, you're just jealous because I beat you to it!! Now you will have to find another excuse;>)