Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Mid-Air at Markham Park

All the mid-air that I have ever witnessed have always have been just TWO (2) airplanes in the air.

The remedy to the problem: get at least three (3) airplanes in the air.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

H All,

Keith's email sums things very, very well and I came to the same bleek conclusion myself quickly. I think the most contructive points brought out of this thread are that with spotters or not, ensuring "two-way" communication takes place is the real key.

While the ideas Keith presented in the paragraph above state the boiled-down essential elements very well, it is the human elements like courtsey, judgement, well-maintained equipment, not taking needless risks, recognizing when folks have special events coming up, common sense, etc., that we ultimately rely on to help avoid this grim reality. While a Tiger Woods can stop in the middle of backswing when a flash goes off, I attempted to fly the rest of my sequence after he took off.

The next most important thing this thread brings out is that you need to know who you are flying with and regardless of whether you fit into a rotation or not, get a verbal committment before EACH FLIGHT if you feel your circumstances warrent a few minutes of alone time in the air...

Final Post on the matter.
    Thanks,

Jim W.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well stated, Jim...[sm=thumbs_up.gif]

Kevin

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

sorry about your lost guy,s got to communicate ,,i know MAY HAM PARK gets a little hectic ,,i have close to 500 flights on my 46 bipe
    and may be 27 with glenn in the air ,, most of the time i am a couple of feet of the ground ,, i don,t fly when IMAC guy,s do there routines. the reason they have ask me a couple of times so now i don,t fly when they go up ,even jet guys have ask me too.
    i am very cool with it,, this day i flew with 4 jets up in the air ,, may be the reason glenn went up is because his so use to flying when i am up in the air. the only time i get scared at mark ham is when Jhonny Hernandez and Bryce Wattson are up in the air
    [img][/img]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hf99824.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	708043  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jim woodward

The next most important thing this thread brings out is that you need to know who you are flying with and regardless of whether you fit into a rotation or not, get a verbal committment before EACH FLIGHT if you feel your circumstances warrent a few minutes of alone time in the air...

Final Post on the matter.
    Thanks,

Jim W.
    Allthough a thoughtful idea, if you are flying 20 minutes at a time, it is quite easy for someone or several to pull up, start up and takeoff without talking to the guy that wants to own the sky. Then you are right back in the same situation.

Its still see and be seen as I just did a little while ago with four general aviations flying together playing chicken with an Airbus. I don't like it but they don't have to give way just because I am in a 40 million dollar plane and they are in a 40 thousand dollar plane.
    BC

Murphy\'\'\'\'s law must have been written by a pilot

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well said Jim, live learn and move on and ban afterbunner1 from posting his foolish remarks or at least ignore them. No flaming as I recall in the rcu rules. Maybe he’s a sponsor contributor, that’s why his stuff is tolerated. Liked your last comment Jetsett99, I felt somthing needed to be said.
    Duct tape is like the force, It has light side and it has a dark side, and it binds the universe together.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm sure you meant "burner" not "bunner".
    Well...sure he stirs it up. But I don't know too many who don't appreciate Dougie's sense of humor and attempting to lighten things up. That's what makes this place, and him, so much fun to hang around.
    And if there's one thing that's needed every now and then, it's a good "stirring up".
    Your bro tore up the Anthem at CA jets '07. Come on up with him next year.
    P
    Yeah, I use mixing... Balsa & Dirt. ©

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Paul SDCM you are correct on both counts. My bad on the spellering and I do agree he stirs it up a smidge, (if that's a real word) often to a humorous level. The tone didn't feel humorous after the 10th post. The pine swinging bit was good though. I put that one down as remarks to remember and regurgitate. Take care all, mods I think this one is done.
    Duct tape is like the force, It has light side and it has a dark side, and it binds the universe together.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You the man Paul Reese!!! When we goin to the Willow again bro...

DF
    JETCAT USA

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Good boy.
    \"If you ain\'\'t crashed-You ain\'\'t flown\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If you put a statement to ban afterburner1, than that applies to about 2/3 of the general population on this site.... RCU is known for their flame outs that have let many a flaming go on until well done.
    Yes, I\'\'m with THOSE guys !

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345