RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Mid-Air at Markham Park

Old 06-20-2007, 02:24 PM
eaticus

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Mid-Air at Markham Park

All the mid-air that I have ever witnessed have always have been just TWO (2) airplanes in the air.

The remedy to the problem: get at least three (3) airplanes in the air.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:23 PM
jim woodward

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

H All,

Keith's email sums things very, very well and I came to the same bleek conclusion myself quickly. I think the most contructive points brought out of this thread are that with spotters or not, ensuring "two-way" communication takes place is the real key.

While the ideas Keith presented in the paragraph above state the boiled-down essential elements very well, it is the human elements like courtsey, judgement, well-maintained equipment, not taking needless risks, recognizing when folks have special events coming up, common sense, etc., that we ultimately rely on to help avoid this grim reality. While a Tiger Woods can stop in the middle of backswing when a flash goes off, I attempted to fly the rest of my sequence after he took off.

The next most important thing this thread brings out is that you need to know who you are flying with and regardless of whether you fit into a rotation or not, get a verbal committment before EACH FLIGHT if you feel your circumstances warrent a few minutes of alone time in the air...

Final Post on the matter.
Thanks,

Jim W.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:34 PM
Kevin Greene

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well stated, Jim...[sm=thumbs_up.gif]

Kevin
Old 06-20-2007, 11:00 PM
EDDIEGIGOWATTS

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

sorry about your lost guy,s got to communicate ,,i know MAY HAM PARK gets a little hectic ,,i have close to 500 flights on my 46 bipe
and may be 27 with glenn in the air ,, most of the time i am a couple of feet of the ground ,, i don,t fly when IMAC guy,s do there routines. the reason they have ask me a couple of times so now i don,t fly when they go up ,even jet guys have ask me too.
i am very cool with it,, this day i flew with 4 jets up in the air ,, may be the reason glenn went up is because his so use to flying when i am up in the air. the only time i get scared at mark ham is when Jhonny Hernandez and Bryce Wattson are up in the air
[img][/img]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99824.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	708043  
Old 06-20-2007, 11:11 PM
BlackCloud

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: jim woodward

The next most important thing this thread brings out is that you need to know who you are flying with and regardless of whether you fit into a rotation or not, get a verbal committment before EACH FLIGHT if you feel your circumstances warrent a few minutes of alone time in the air...

Final Post on the matter.
Thanks,

Jim W.
Allthough a thoughtful idea, if you are flying 20 minutes at a time, it is quite easy for someone or several to pull up, start up and takeoff without talking to the guy that wants to own the sky. Then you are right back in the same situation.

Its still see and be seen as I just did a little while ago with four general aviations flying together playing chicken with an Airbus. I don't like it but they don't have to give way just because I am in a 40 million dollar plane and they are in a 40 thousand dollar plane.
BC

Old 06-21-2007, 01:58 PM
jedijingle

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well said Jim, live learn and move on and ban afterbunner1 from posting his foolish remarks or at least ignore them. No flaming as I recall in the rcu rules. Maybe he’s a sponsor contributor, that’s why his stuff is tolerated. Liked your last comment Jetsett99, I felt somthing needed to be said.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:24 PM
SDCrashmaster

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I'm sure you meant "burner" not "bunner".
Well...sure he stirs it up. But I don't know too many who don't appreciate Dougie's sense of humor and attempting to lighten things up. That's what makes this place, and him, so much fun to hang around.
And if there's one thing that's needed every now and then, it's a good "stirring up".
Your bro tore up the Anthem at CA jets '07. Come on up with him next year.
P
Old 06-21-2007, 07:34 PM
jedijingle

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Paul SDCM you are correct on both counts. My bad on the spellering and I do agree he stirs it up a smidge, (if that's a real word) often to a humorous level. The tone didn't feel humorous after the 10th post. The pine swinging bit was good though. I put that one down as remarks to remember and regurgitate. Take care all, mods I think this one is done.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:45 PM
AFTERBURNER1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You the man Paul Reese!!! When we goin to the Willow again bro...

DF
Old 06-21-2007, 09:25 PM
GSR

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Good boy.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:36 PM
Toro1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

If you put a statement to ban afterburner1, than that applies to about 2/3 of the general population on this site.... RCU is known for their flame outs that have let many a flaming go on until well done.

Search this Thread